Crash after Battery Drop - NO GARANTEE ??!??
3671 9 2015-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rende
New

Germany

Hey DJI,

i have a big problem with the German DJI Support in Schondra. It called DJI GmbH.
My New Inspire was crashed after an big Battery drop from 36% to 2%. The Battery was fully charged, the Wetter was nice and the Sun was shining. After 4:26 of nice smooth flight beginns the Nightmare. The Batterie dropped in a Second from 36% to 2% an the Bird will land on the Point without comming Home. The Inspire crashed into some Trees. Now after 4 Weeks in DJI Service in Schondra Stephany Siebel write me an Email that I must pay 750 Euro! The Bird was brand New, just a few Weeks old. And it was absolut not my Mistake. So what does DJI mean about this? I just think about a lawyer to receive my rights!
It was the Mistake from the Battery!!!

Does DJI official support this kind of making Bad Money?

Her you can find the Nightmare Flightrecord:

invoice.png
service Email.png
2015-10-30
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

You had dep!eted 64% of you battery in under 4 1/2 minutes of flight?
2015-10-30
Use props
Capt_M
lvl.2

United States

Wow.. Defective battery perhaps?
2015-10-30
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.2
Japan

Wow, that is some bad news. Hope you get it sorted.

Just another incident to chip away my faith that this machine really is not safe.
2015-10-30
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Well I guess if you consider the battery part of the inspire then that's what be the problem.

The inspire has a lot going for it and against it. The battery problem is a problem and it
Is well documented on this forum. So you are correct as the battery is depleting in flight
And as I stated we do not know why and it is documented on this board.

Just do a search on batteries.

What to do? I do not know. Maybe someone else on the board who has gone through
This can help you and I feel for you. It hurts and the repair time hurts.
2015-10-31
Use props
Peter Silver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Was the battery at 100% when you took off?
2015-10-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very sorry you this happened. Based on your flight log the duration of the flight was 4.25 minutes at 36% battery. It does not appear your battery was 100% at the time of take off. ? .

Rich
2015-10-31
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Well its not so easy. Lets see the details:

1. They say the battery you used was never fully charged. Is this true? Did you use a brand new battery just out of the box without charging before?

2. They also claim the wind was too high to fly. Was it really higher then 36 km/h? (anyway the wind is rediculous as long as its not responsible for the crash what is not the case here, it would be only of relevance if you tried to bring it home but because of 50 km/h wind you couldnt).

3. Though it went to landing at 6% you still could control it and get it home - not sure you would make it until home but it seems you didnt even try? In my opinion you could have brought it home the 380m distance even at 0% as it normally crashes a minute after reaching zero. Did you NOT try to keep it at altitude and bring it home? (you just watched it landing)

4. You did not switch voltage view - otherwise you would have seen the problem already at start and also we could determine if you would have made it home. However this is just a hint.

Basically I would say this (known) battery problem is DJIs problem - no matter if the problem is listed in a forum or not - as long as you have not been warned in a german language manual. Even if you started with only 70% battery you are not supposed to expect a crash after 4 minutes. However in your case if your answer to 1) or 3) is yes then DJI is right.

Most of the repair cost are a new battery and a new gimbal? Do you really need both new?

2015-10-31
Use props
rende
New

Germany

Hello,
to 1) the battery was new an i made 4-5 Flights with it. Allways fully Charged at 100% to 15% or 10%
to 2) it wasnt high wind. The Sun was shining! no Wind! 20 °Celsius best for flight!
to 3) I tryd to stop the Landing but I cant. The Power was to fast falling
to 4) I just see Green Zone an this means Flight is Ok. The Battery was fully charged

I dont know why DJI will change the Battery when it hasnt any Issus... I think they will make Money with me.
2015-10-31
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

Sorry to hear this and for your loss. I hope I never have to post those sad words "i've crashed". I think about it each and every time I fly.
2015-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules