Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What should we add to our Phase 3
722 5 2015-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pgaucher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 368983 ft
Hong Kong

Hi everyone,

Now that our Phase 2 has been launched, I need your advice regarding the next phase of our distribution platform.

I would like to know if you believe the following features would be good additions to the site: www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

1- Expand the stock library to accept still photography instead of video only.

2- Create an Elite 8K library (aerial and non-aerial content) that would be targeted at very high end customers (and with significant price tag as well).

3- An internal forum for pros who have content on the site to share and exchange best practices.

4- An automated email system that sends a notification to all content creators when some specific footage is requested by customers. For example, if footage of Africa is requested but none is available on the site, then an email would be sent to content creators saying 'Hey guys, one of our customers is looking for footage of Africa, if you have some, please upload to the site'. The same system would also send emails to customers whenever footage of their requested destinations becomes available.

We are putting this together for the aerial community as a whole so your feedback is really critical.

Let me know your thoughts. Feel free to touch base with me at CEO@aerialentertainmentstudios.com

Cheers

Patrice
2015-10-30
Use props
tpallai
Second Officer

United States

Im sorry but what is Phase 2 and Phase 3?
2015-10-30
Use props
dopeytree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its a great idea - my problem is the pricing structure... stock libraries area all about licensing & thus different prices accordingly. Your site seems to have fixed prices. What are you paying for? Exclusive or a licence?

Stock libraries are struggling at the moment so its a nice idea to simplify the pricing. Lots of the big players www.gettyimages.co.uk www.rexfeatures.com etc have subscription deals for photos I get a cheque each month sometimes less than a £ per live news photo sometimes up to several £100's. But aerial video is unique so you don't wanna give it away too cheap. I think I would at least double you pricing.

Maybe the price should reflect the data rate? so one price for hd & another 4k & another 8k? maybe thats what you already do I'm not sure? What's the going rate for tv library footage? What kinda people are mainly buy-ing the aerial footage?

I think you should do all of 1-4.

One thing that makes getty so good is they have a decent featured selection. All the best content etc. If you did that you could mix in the 8k content & it would look mint.
Trend & stats would be ace. I interned at Rex & it was brilliant to be abel to see what clients are searching for most & www.alamy.com allows you to see searches on your photos so you can ajust your keywords accordingly.

Also free content - get rid of that - it's counter to the whole business operation. You could have a reduced rate, or buy 1 get 1 free. Or if you really want free content maybe just have a few clips like 5.

2015-10-31
Use props
Pgaucher
Second Officer
Hong Kong

dopeytree Posted at 2015-10-31 20:39
Its a great idea - my problem is the pricing structure... stock libraries area all about licensing & ...

Thanks, that is good feedback.

On the pricing structure, we actually dont impose any standards. Content creators have the freedom to price their material at whatever level they want, and also modify the price whenever  they want. This is unique in the marketplace and i do believe is attractive for creators.

Also noted on the free stuff. I will certainly consider moving forward.

Cheers
2015-10-31
Use props
Pgaucher
Second Officer
Hong Kong

dopeytree Posted at 2015-10-31 20:39
Its a great idea - my problem is the pricing structure... stock libraries area all about licensing & ...

Sorry, I misinterpreted your comment relating to pricing. The structure is based on a single usage licensing model. People buy the rights for usage of the footage for a single project. Sale or redistribution of the material is obviously not allowed.

I am open to suggestions on the topic.

Cheers

Patrice
2015-10-31
Use props
Pgaucher
Second Officer
Hong Kong

tpallai Posted at 2015-10-31 10:28
Im sorry but what is Phase 2 and Phase 3?

Sorry, I realise this was a bit cryptic in terms of description.

The post relates to an aerial stock footage platform that is focused on rewarding content creators for their work. The site is www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

I am enquiring about future features we want to introduce and how that would be received by the community. We are building this bottom up as opposed to top down, so user feedback is critical.

Cheers
2015-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules