Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU error at power up (Is back again)
1249 18 2015-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-31
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.4
United States

Does it do it every time you power up? When you see the error on power up, do you see in Go App under Sensors the Gyroscope, Acceleration, and Compass numbers before the error goes away? Something might have a problem to do with temperature.
2015-10-31
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-10-31
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Rebel,

Mine did it the first time after updating and I did do the IMU calibration.  Everything was copacetic after that.  Like the lawyer above - Hey JAG! - others have reported your problem - in fact exactly - and it did have a heating component to the complaint for them.  Just know that you are not alone in this (there was a whole long thread).

Be sure to use the level to get a really good IMU reading.  I mean if you got to do the IMU calibration, you may as well take advantage of it!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-31
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-11-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Rebel,

For me, any excuse to calibrate the IMU is a good thing.  I really like the resulting accuracy, at least until it fades away.  I now have a dedicated level and location for the IMU calibration - well if I do not need the level to flatten a table or something!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-1
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-11-5
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-11-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It happens to me every time I fire up the aircraft on my bench, and the reason is the metal work under the bench. It did it once outside, but I discovered I had a screwdriver near the leg of the landing gear. The compass is right on the bottom corner of one leg. If I move the aircraft, the warning goes away. Perhaps worth a try.
2015-11-5
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Rebel,

Hmm, what if the new app applied a more sensitive standard to the IMU.  The more sensitive the standard, the more sensitive it is to temperature.  You said it goes away after the warm-up period.  My P3 never had a warm-up period before the last DJI Go upgrade.  And the first time I flew, I got your IMU message and calibrated.  Now, I wait for the warm-up and then fly.  

Also, the calibration indicates it is sensitive to temperature during calibration, so I go through that.  The last time, I re-calibrated again (after the warned calibration) and the calibration went in without a glitch.  So the new flight standard does appear to be temperature sensitive for the IMU.  

If the error goes away after warm-up, try some extra cautious, but real accurate flights to see the IMU is performing up to snuff.  Calibrate the compass for this test to and see how accurate the test can get.  If your P3 starts acting stupid, then you got a problem - but at least your P3 is close to home and not in a dangerous situation.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-5
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-11-5
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-11-5
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Rebel,

Just goes to show that the world is a wonderful place - especially when you fly through it.  And we are just trying to get off the ground!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-5
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-11-5
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-11-5 17:06
Im wondering.Are you replying directing to my comments? There are no quotes above you comments the ...

Rebel, You did it!  You just showed me how to make this damn thing work!  I have been trying to help with this forum  so much, I never got to figure out how to make this "Reply" function work.  I kept going down to the "Post Reply" tab.  I even brought up this page once after I noticed it and then closed it.  I kept wondering how to get those damn quotes to work!  Finally!

Of course if this does not work, I will be very embarrassed.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-5
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Rebel,

This also explains the random endings to the quotes sometimes.  Mahalo again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-5
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-11-6
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States