Losing WiFi Sync
3193 24 2015-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobertK
lvl.1

United States

I bought the Osmo and it is funcitioning .. OK.. with the exception that the WiFi conncetion to my iPhone 6 seems to be very intermittent.  There seems to be a disconnection issue between the Osmo and my iPhone becaues the iPhone screen will go black with just the dji Go control icons showing.  That indicates to me that the WiFi on the Osmo stops transmitting the video stream to my iPhone.  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, as the Osmo continues to record video with no ability to monitor.  The iPhone is on the bracket attached to the Osmo, so there should be no connectivity problem via WiFi.  If this continues, I will return the Osmo.  I simply cannot trust it for my professional jobs.  That said, the video quality is very good, the gimbal functions are solid.  Another design flaw is that the battery inserts via a bottom latch.  If dji though about the design a bit more, the bottom could have had another tripod type connector for a microphone or tripod mount instead of the single attachment where the monitor device is held.

Any advice on the WiFi black outs would be appreciated

Thanks,

Robert

2015-11-1
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Perhaps you just have a bad unit. bring it back to your retailer for a replacement. I've had mine for almost a week and it's not had such issues. At worse, both my iPhones (6 Plus and 5S) sometimes struggle to find the OSMO Wifi SSID, which shows up fine on my Android devices at the same desk.
2015-11-1
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Does the wifi problem happen while you are recording with 4K? Or it happens whatever it is in taking picture mode or recording mode?
2015-11-2
Use props
RobertK
lvl.1

United States

DJI Candice Posted at 2015-11-2 03:27
Does the wifi problem happen while you are recording with 4K? Or it happens whatever it is in takin ...

I have only done shoots in 4K.  video only.
2015-11-2
Use props
RobertK
lvl.1

United States

DJI Candice Posted at 2015-11-2 03:27
Does the wifi problem happen while you are recording with 4K? Or it happens whatever it is in takin ...

I am going to try disabling Cellular Data when filiming to see if there might be an issue there... will report
2015-11-2
Use props
RobertK
lvl.1

United States

RobertK Posted at 2015-11-2 11:21
I am going to try disabling Cellular Data when filiming to see if there might be an issue there... ...

I just performed a test shoot an did 2 things:  I placed the iPhone 6 Home Button next to the Osmo, instead of on the other side where the corner supports are, and I turned off Cellular Data.  The WiFi stayed connected during my 10 minute test with no disconnections.  I hope this is the cure!
2015-11-2
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Robert, are you using the 5GHz or 2.4 GHz band? I find the 5GHz band rock stable
2015-11-3
Use props
geoffrey.addis
New

United Kingdom

sdchew Posted at 2015-11-4 05:40
Robert, are you using the 5GHz or 2.4 GHz band? I find the 5GHz band rock stable

In order to get full control functionality I find it necessary to have the iPhone 6 in the portrait mode. If you then rotate to landscape mode it won't work and if then rotated back to portrait it still won't work - you have to exit and then return to the ap with the phone in the portrait mode.  Strange!!!

Geoff
2015-11-7
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

That's serious bizarre mate. Mine is running fine in landscape mode
2015-11-7
Use props
ranahan
New

United States

I have had the Osmo for 4 days and have not got it to stay connected to Wifi once.

I attach the unit to the holder and turn on a the Osmo, and connect through wifi.
Start the Dji Go software.
The display on my Iphone 6 plus comes on.
It works for a few seconds then either freezes or goes to a gray/black screen with menu.
All data drops out then a anytime a broken video feed reappears and goes out again.

This is BS, not impressed with the connectivity, this wifi issue is imperative on all levels.

Very disappointed DJI.

Tim
2015-11-12
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ranahan Posted at 2015-11-13 01:11
I have had the Osmo for 4 days and have not got it to stay connected to Wifi once.

I attach the uni ...

Does the problem exist every time? When the screen become black, is there any camera osd, wifi signal, battery information and can you still  take photos or recording? Does the gimbal still controllable using the joystick and APP?
2015-11-15
Use props
k3n_mown
New

Indonesia

Hi DJi. Im also facing the same problem with the wifi connection.

currently I'm using iPhone 6 plus. and wherever i move the osmo it will suddenly go Black out.

and my IOS is up to date. also with My DJI Go.

so my question, for this issue is it consider as malfunction product? and should i go to the store and ask for replacement?

i think the wifi Is still connected. it just that i can't see the picture in the screen (this issues happen both in pics mode and video mode).

i can tell why its working by. huge noise on the fan. also want to ask why its's very hot with the camera surface. when i turned it on.

please help me to fix this issue. because i can't use it to take video and pics

cheers
2015-11-16
Use props
k3n_mown
New

Indonesia

and for the iPhone 6 plus should i use the landscape mode (lock) or portrait mode (lock) when connected to the osmo
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

k3n_mown Posted at 2015-11-16 19:45
Hi DJi. Im also facing the same problem with the wifi connection.

currently I'm using iPhone 6 plus ...

It's probably you've unlock the gimbal lock which is for camera detaching. Please check the gimbal lock connection, it's below the pan axis.
2015-11-19
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

k3n_mown Posted at 2015-11-16 19:47
and for the iPhone 6 plus should i use the landscape mode (lock) or portrait mode (lock) when connec ...

Either mode is ok. Landscape mode is recommended.
2015-11-19
Use props
RobertK
lvl.1

United States

My Osmo continues to go black.... DJI.... HELP!!!  is soooo intermittent.  Often I am in the middle of filming and my iPhone 8 screen just goes black with the app icons showing .......
2015-11-24
Use props
RobertK
lvl.1

United States

sdchew Posted at 2015-11-4 00:40

5 GHz.......still having problems......
2015-11-24
Use props
tupoleff
lvl.2

France

Got The same problem The screen freeze, becomes Black and Green and The vidéo freeze too... Gonna Read other post to fond an issue. I.m just a 2 days old user Of The Osmo and a little Disapointed...
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

tupoleff Posted at 2015-12-10 04:04
Got The same problem The screen freeze, becomes Black and Green and The vidéo freeze too... Gonna R ...

Hi, what camera resolution did you choose? Please provide the following information: Firmware version, APP version, mobile device type and OS version.  
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

RobertK Posted at 2015-11-25 05:20
My Osmo continues to go black.... DJI.... HELP!!!  is soooo intermittent.  Often I am in the middle  ...

Iphone 8? Can you provide your APP version, firmware version, mobile device type and OS version?  What camera resolution did you choose and did it happen every time?  Can you give me a demo video in indicate your problem?  Also, please try the following method:
1) Reinstall the app and install the 2.4.2 version app.
2) Please try to reinsert the sd card
3) Try to upgrade to the latest firmware version.
2015-12-9
Use props
tupoleff
lvl.2

France

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-10 07:31
Hi, what camera resolution did you choose? Please provide the following information: Firmware vers ...

Resolution 4k (3000....) 2k and HD 1080 too
Firmeware 10119
I phone 5s. Os 9.2
Dji go . Download these week (latest version)
I m'aide a test these even inv, i put The Osmo in record mode on a stand (no movement),  no problem so i tried to moove and run with The gimbal and always The same crash...
Best regards.
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

tupoleff Posted at 2015-12-11 05:03
Resolution 4k (3000....) 2k and HD 1080 too
Firmeware 10119
I phone 5s. Os 9.2

Hi, please try to upgrade your Osmo to the latest firmware version v1.2.1.60 which will be presented as 1.0.1.19+ on the app. Check this link for the firmware and upgrade tutorial. http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
Please make some tests after you've upgraded the Osmo and reply here about the test result. Thanks!
2015-12-10
Use props
tupoleff
lvl.2

France

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-11 04:02
Hi, please try to upgrade your Osmo to the latest firmware version v1.2.1.60 which will be present ...

Hi I reset the firmware to 1.0.1.19+  and reset the wifi and change the sd card : always the same problem my osmo stops recording after a few seconds, my longest recording before crashes is 1.45 mn...
so i need help, help help !
2015-12-11
Use props
tupoleff
lvl.2

France

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-11 04:02
Hi, please try to upgrade your Osmo to the latest firmware version v1.2.1.60 which will be present ...

I FIND A WAY OUT !!!
After a full reset (firmware, wifi, new sd Card) i FIND The solution !
I reset The caméra and tried to record with The original setting ´ntsc' and surprise No Pbs, no freeze, Smooth recording. I change to PAL and put settings  to 24 frame rate (and not 25) and everything working FINE !!!  Hope it's The end Of my problems
NO NO NON it's not The end, i record this morning (osmo on my bike) and The problems are back, always freeze and loose Of The wifi ... F---K
2015-12-11
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

tupoleff Posted at 2015-12-12 00:09
I FIND A WAY OUT !!!
After a full reset (firmware, wifi, new sd Card) i FIND The solution !
I rese ...

1) What SD card have you tried? Please try to use the original SD card.
2) Have you checked the original files in SD card? Did they freeze too? If so, please send the original files in SD card and provide the download link here.
3) Please try to use different wifi band.
4) Can you provide the screen shot of your app when it's freeze and a demo video to indicate your problem would be very useful.
2015-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules