Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Product Change Notice
12Next >
7500 49 2015-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Delphine
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Dear DJI Customer,

In line with DJI’s spirit of constant innovation, we are pleased to announce anew propulsion system for the Inspire 1 with new motors and propellers.

INSPIRE 1 — New Propulsion System
A new propulsion system provides the same flight times as the original,while improving control and performance. Due to the use of higher qualitycomponents, the price of all new Inspire 1 units will increase slightly.
1.jpg

New Propellers
New propellers on the Inspire 1 use a different mounting and lockingmechanism from current propellers but remain easy to use. Full instructionswill be released soon.
2.jpg

New Motors
New3510H motors have 420KV of power, improving flight performance and providingpilots with a greater sense of control compared to current 350KV motors。
3.jpg

If you have any questions, please contact yoursales representative.

Thank you,
DJI
2015-11-2
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Hi Delphine,

can these be retrofitted into the "old" i1 ?

tks
2015-11-2
Use props
SkySight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

So, does this mean the current motor and prop system is flawed in some way? Are you sending out replacements to current owners?
2015-11-2
Use props
Sir Shepherd
Second Officer

United States

Linolens Posted at 2015-11-2 18:46
Hi Delphine,

I'd like to know the same answer to your question. It would be nice that's for certain.
2015-11-2
Use props
davidbsamuels
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can T-Motor props be mounted to the motor by removing the quick release system?
2015-11-2
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Who does the work on changing them? Does DJI or the owner?
2015-11-2
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

When I first saw this I thought it was in regards to fixing the low bit rate for video :/
2015-11-2
Use props
dji Timster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

Lol.......you'll have to buy a brand-new inspire.......  notice nobody from DJI has yet to Respond  and they won't not for a while...
2015-11-2
Use props
dopeytree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are these components in the inspire pro? Can you please update the tech specs. I'm trying to write my operations manual for caa approval. Cheers

http://store.dji.com/product/inspire-1-pro#/spec
2015-11-2
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Delphine can you please answer me if

1. some Inspire D versions already have this motor? From the picture I have the left one on my Inspire D. It has 2 holes on the top (I suppose the old motor has 4 holes).

2. if yes do they have 350 KV (though its the left motor from the picture) or do all of them have 420 KV.
2015-11-2
Use props
ceigon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 67379 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought the inspire pro and the new motor and propellor mounts are on it. Also side note the quick release propellor kits will still work with the new motors.  It has the same size screw as the old ones.
2015-11-4
Use props
jdm_98r
New

United States

Generally in the RC world higher KV equals more RPM but reduced torque. Lower KV would produce the opposite in that it would reduce speed/rotation but increase torque.

So lets look at the pros and cons of this generalization of the new motor (really need to know how much thrust the new motor can produce to be accurate).

Pro:
Slower response to minor remote commands = more precise movements (In their announcement they did mention improving the control)

Cons:
Less torque = Less Thrust = Less Lift
Less lift = Less elevation
Less Thrust = Less ability to hold stable in high wind conditions and reduced high speed

I personally would stick with the old motors. I never once thought I needed better control out of my inspire and if it provides the same flight time I don't see an improvement in performance. I'd much rather have higher torque and be able to hold stable in high wind conditions like the beach.

Now this is a generalization about KV. If the new motors have a larger/stronger magnet they would be able to produce the same amount or more torque out of a higher KV motor.
2015-11-6
Use props
Alastair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

SkySight Posted at 2015-11-2 22:13
So, does this mean the current motor and prop system is flawed in some way? Are you sending out repl ...

I maintain that they should at least send us all the updated prop system.  They weren't satisfied with the screw on with prop locks so they came up with the QR system.  The props started coming of with that system,  so they come up with a third system.  This isn't a redesign for a new frame.  It's a redesign of a prop system that was problematic in the past.  It should be treated like an automobile recall!
2015-11-6
Use props
mjmack95
Captain
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

Original inspire 1 owners should have a option to upgrade..my hobby store talked to a Dji rep and all he would tell him is no upgrading. No replacement. He said car company's don't send you a new car when they make improvements. But car company's don't change their minds every 30 days. Wow.sweet attitude!! Dji keep up the great work and costumer service after all I was foolish enough to purchase x5 as well .now wondering why
2015-11-18
Use props
taylorellis11
lvl.1

United States

DJI... You home? ^^ Is this true? Or will you be accepting Inspire 1 units for the new prop/motor update? This almost sounds like a salesman's way of trying to get you to buy the Pro instead of the Inspire 1? If this is true though, I'm throwing in the towel & selling
2015-11-18
Use props
taylorellis11
lvl.1

United States

Bump.... I know we have a few other threads talking about this at the moment. Can anyone from DJI confirm whether old Inspires will be able to upgrade to the new prop system please?
2015-11-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
Second Officer
United States

jdm_98r Posted at 2015-11-6 12:04
Generally in the RC world higher KV equals more RPM but reduced torque. Lower KV would produce the o ...

I agree with your analysis I have a version D,  My motors look more like the one on the left???  
My question is,  are the new props the same Dia and pitch 13x 4.5  ?
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-11-2 09:02
Who does the work on changing them? Does DJI or the owner?

The owner would do the change out if you want to just replace the props.  We do not support replacing the motors.

Dave
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-11-22 05:55
I agree with your analysis I have a version D,  My motors look more like the one on the left???  
M ...

Yes they are the same diameter and pitch...
http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... -release-propellers

Dave
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Linolens Posted at 2015-11-2 02:46
Hi Delphine,

Yes they can.
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

SkySight Posted at 2015-11-2 06:13
So, does this mean the current motor and prop system is flawed in some way? Are you sending out repl ...

No the current prop system is fine. This is just a improvement.
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

davidbsamuels Posted at 2015-11-2 08:31
Can T-Motor props be mounted to the motor by removing the quick release system?

We do not recommend using third-party props on the inspire.
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

dopeytree Posted at 2015-11-2 11:52
Are these components in the inspire pro? Can you please update the tech specs. I'm trying to write m ...

Yes they are part of the Pro package.
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

dji Timster Posted at 2015-11-2 11:30
Lol.......you'll have to buy a brand-new inspire.......  notice nobody from DJI has yet to Respond   ...

Sorry for the delay. I am here answering questions now.

Dave
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-11-2 13:19
Delphine can you please answer me if

1. some Inspire D versions already have this motor? From the p ...

All of the new motors have 420 KV.
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

ceigon Posted at 2015-11-4 21:37
I bought the inspire pro and the new motor and propellor mounts are on it. Also side note the quick  ...

Y p, sure does.

2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

jdm_98r Posted at 2015-11-6 11:04
Generally in the RC world higher KV equals more RPM but reduced torque. Lower KV would produce the o ...

I disagree. I feel that the inspire has way more than enough holding power with the current motors, too much actually. Over kill power. These motors will be an improvement. And will still have way more than enough holding power in highwinds.
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Alastair Posted at 2015-11-6 14:54
I maintain that they should at least send us all the updated prop system.  They weren't satisfied  ...

I disagree. There's nothing wrong with the current prop  system. These propellers are improvement. We improve our products all the time!

Dave
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

mjmack95@yahoo. Posted at 2015-11-18 21:02
Original inspire 1 owners should have a option to upgrade..my hobby store talked to a Dji rep and al ...

I really don't understand this kind of thinking. This technology evolves very very rapidly. You can expect your equipment to become outdated. Just like computer systems for work and home and laptop computers and all kinds of other high-tech devices.

Dave
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

taylorellis11@g Posted at 2015-11-18 23:03
DJI... You home? ^^ Is this true? Or will you be accepting Inspire 1 units for the new prop/motor up ...

No it is not true.

Enjoy your Inspire.

Dave
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

taylorellis11@g Posted at 2015-11-21 07:21
Bump.... I know we have a few other threads talking about this at the moment. Can anyone from DJI co ...

Yes you can upgrade very easily the props. :-) If you are asking about upgrading the motors also, we do not support that.

Dave
2015-11-22
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Man Dave you have been very busy. Thanks for all the answers. I know this
Is probably a dumb question,. Can you tell me how to find out what version
Of the Inspire 1 I have? Thanks.
2015-11-22
Use props
mc15601
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124984 ft
United States

Why do people think DJI is responsible for upgrading their Inspires with these new motors, let alone props. Just because they are trying to up-sell products, doesn't mean that anything is wrong with your drone. Honestly I've never been out flying and think "boy this drone is God awe full responding to my controls". I've been pretty happy in fact with my Inspire 1. Just because something new comes out, and YOU want to be an "early adopter" and your pissed now because you're gonna have to pay more money to make sure drone is the best out there. Lol. In stud spirit of Thanksgiving - be happy with what you have - one of the best drones on the market, hands down.
2015-11-22
Use props
mc15601
lvl.1
United States

Sorry for all the typos in my last response. I am typing on my iPhone.
2015-11-22
Use props
mc15601
lvl.1
United States

I really don't see the need for these new motors, the stock motors work just fine. You might have a slight benefit installing them if you have the X5 camera but I don't think it'll be enough to justify the cost of upgrading the new motors. I've got the X5 on order, so I'll soon find out. But I try to get my shots as smooth as possible and I'm not racing around like a maniac when I fly, so again, I can't think the benefit will outweigh the cost and time installing them. I'm curious to see what other feel about them once they install them.

I have the QR locking props and if they ever come off, it would only be because I didn't install them correctly AND failed to do a complete pre-flight. One thing I make sure to do in my pre-flight is to check all four aluminum tabs on each motor to make sure they are sticking up enough to provide enough tension to lock the prop securely. I suppose it could be an issue if they didn't provide enough tension for them to lock properly.  But when the props do lock they seem to be rock solid.
2015-11-22
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-22 07:30
I really don't understand this kind of thinking. This technology evolves very very rapidly. You can ...

Agree with you Dave,

These products are changing very fast and I welcome the new improvements and have the new Props and hubs on order. (easy change out) As far as the motors are concerned, I see no need to change what I already have. I do not plan on changing to the X5 camera, so I will not be adding the additional weight. It appears that the new Inspire 1 X3 version will start to included the new motors and ESC's. Based on the release statement it will costing more money as well.

Every year another tablet is released and your old tablet is now considered the OLD version. UAV's will be exactly the same way.

Rich
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-11-22 15:39
I think the expectation that we might be given the new system free of charge is down to earlier ex ...

Hi Paul and everyone else.....

Here's the thing though . Even the first the propeller system that was introduced with the Inspire1  was not seriously flawed. It works fine if you install properly. But too many guys were not installing it properly they were not tightening down the props enough and/or they were not adding the additional prop locks at all.
Here's something that might surprise a few of you. I'm still using the original propellers and propeller locks that came with my inspire 10 months ago. I had been flying my inspire for about three months before I was sent (free of charge like everybody else)  the new propeller system with the new locking system.  I think with the original prop lock system DJI was worried about the guys that take their props on and off after every flying session to pack away there inspire, worried that all it takes is one of those re-installations done inproperly and there could be terrible results. However for me....I never do that , I never take my props off and I never take my gimbal off and I never put it in travel mode to stowaway my Inspire.
I fly so much that I keep it in flight ready condition at all times.
So all those things considered I never bothered switching out my props and I figured I would switch to the new prop system when my old props were showing signs of wear. But that hasn't happened yet, they're still going strong. So to say the original propeller locking system was seriously flawed I think is an overstatement. I fly multiple times every single week for the last 10 months with never a problem. I live in California and we always have good flying weather (All Year) I use my system professionally for real estate pictures and video.
I will order the brand-new prop locking system that has just been released. But I will probably just have it on hand, to be able to physically hold it and look at it and eventually to test it out if I need to for forum support.  I really doubt though that I will need to test it out for forum support. But I just think it would be a good idea for me to have a set.

Dave
2015-11-23
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-11-22 12:37
Man Dave you have been very busy. Thanks for all the answers. I know this
Is probably a dumb questio ...

Hi buddy,

I have been extremely busy actually. Too busy. I do forum support here and on RC Groups  and on Facebook.
And this is supposed to be a part time job. But I seem to be keeping full-time hours. Ha ha.
I love the job though, it's very enjoyable and rewarding to help people. Luckily most of the job is doing that. But sometimes the not so enjoyable part of the job is putting out fires and dealing with some very upset people. But that is ok too. A lot of the time I understand their frustration and sympathize with them because I am a customer also.  also, and mostly because that's just the kind of person I am. I love people.

I will have to do some research to find out the answer to your question. I remember there is a way to tell.
I don't think it is in any of the information that DJI has provided me to do forum support. So I have to scour through some of the threads on the internet to find the information.

Dave
2015-11-23
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-11-22 17:39
Agree with you Dave,

These products are changing very fast and I welcome the new improvements and ...

Thanks Rich. It's always enjoyable to read your insights, and I find myself agreeing with you all the time. I would really like to get the X5 camera but I do not feel I can justify the expense at this time. And luckily for me & my customers the X3 camera is good enough. That is the big question that we have to ask ourselves. Because there will always be something out there that is better. I will always use whatever is good enough until it isn't.

Dave
2015-11-23
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-11-23 09:29
I take your point, Dave. However, take into account the numerous reports of people stating that th ...

You are one of the very many smart guys here Paul and I totally respect your opinion.
So much so in fact that after reading your post I was a bit nervous and I thought maybe I should just switch out to the new props today. Ha ha... it's funny how we can be so quickly influenced by our peers.
Well, at least the ones we respect.
Like I said I live in California. And we have lawyers all over the place here!!!... I'm not that concerned about losing my Inspire and having to replace it, I mean i am but what I'm always really concerned about is if I caused any major damage (from the inspire crashing into something) and end up in a lawsuit. You wouldn't believe how lawsuit happy this state is...

But with those guys that said they tighten their props correctly and they still spun off. They must not have been using the prop locks or they did not have the prop locks completely clicked into place. Also very few reports of this, so it is very rare. I also remember reading a handful of posts of guys having their props come off with the new system that is in place now. And then some guys were talking about going back to the old system. But that was short-lived, most guys just stayed with the new system, because everybody was quite sure that was user error or a rare defective part.
You are correct about the active breaking playing a major role. Also the inspire motors are much more powerful than the phantom motors ever were. So having the prop locks properly installed is essential.

Thanks for your support and saying DJI should send me a set for free. I don't think they will,  but I can get discounts on stuff.

Dave
2015-11-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules