DJI launches new Manifold embedded computer for aerial platform developers
8117 12 2015-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Delphine
lvl.2

Hong Kong

MANIFOLD
The Manifold is a high-performance embedded computer specially designed for the DJI Onboard SDK. It enables developers to transform aerial platforms into truly intelligent flying robots that canperform complex computing tasks and advanced image processing literally on the fly.
1.jpg

Powerful Computing on theFly
With the NVIDIA Tegra K1's 4-Plus-1 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 Processor and 192 GPU CUDA cores with clock speeds of up to 2.2GHz, the Manifold allows you to take off with the world's most advanced mobile processors. The GPU cores provide powerful image processing abilities,efficient parallel computing, and a blazing fast throughput of 326 GFLOPS. Now you can design more intelligent applications that unlock the full potential ofyour aerial platforms in whole new ways.
2.jpg

Advanced Image Processing in the Sky
The Manifold packs the processing power of a PC graphics card and supports DirectX and OpenGL, enabling your aerial platform to process high resolution images in real time. It can be deployed for use in artificial intelligence applications such as computer vision and deep learning. This means your aerial platforms will not only be able to sense the surrounding environment, but also identify objects and respond in an instant.
3.jpg

Convenient Development Environment
Designed for developers, the Manifold's built-inUbuntu operating system supports CUDA, OpenCV and ROS. It is ideal for researchand development of professional applications. The Manifold can natively run the DJI Onboard SDK, access flight data and perform intelligent control and data analysis. With CUDA, the Manifold can be used to accelerate your applications to achieve unprecedented levels of performance.
4.jpg

Low Power Consumption
The Manifold is optimized for power efficiency with a peak power consumption of approximately 15 W, or one fourth of that of a typical laptop. The Manifold's Tegra CPU uses four A15 cores for heavy computing tasks while, and a single battery-savercore when performing simple calculations. The number of active cores can be dynamically adjusted to decrease power consumption, and the extra core will automatically be activated when needed.
5.jpg

Comprehensive Connectivity
Equipped with USB, Ethernet, Mini-PCIe, HDMI,UART, SPI and I2C ports, the Manifold allows you to connect to a wide array ofsensors, monitors and other peripheral devices. The Manifold also provides customized ports to connect to the Matrice 100 and process the images capturedby the camera mounted to the platform.
6.jpg
2015-11-2
Use props
Airflix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173622 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Shut up and take my money!
2015-11-2
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another addition to the ever-growing DJI line of products.
2015-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

They own the forum and sell us the awesome. . .

Welcome to the @DJI Forums.

Please Make all cheque/s payable to. . .  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-11-2
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Powerful Computing on the Fly- literally
2015-11-2
Use props
mariano76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 509196 ft
United States

Michael M Posted at 2015-11-3 03:28
Powerful Computing on the Fly- literally

AHahah
2015-11-3
Use props
Citation
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

I'll take two please.
2015-11-3
Use props
curaga
New

Spain

What are the differences between “Manifold” and the “Erle-Brain 2” platform??

I can see the price for Manifold is 500$ where the Erle Brain 2 seems to have same capabilities and objective for 199€ (217$), actually this product not only allows to use Snappy Ubuntu Core but also Debian file system which might interesting to have for some developments.

The ports and connectivity I see are exactly the same (CAN, UART, HDMI, USB, Ethernet…) and also runs a CPU with a Cortex-A7 processor (which I guess is more than enough for the drone use cases)..

I am really happy to see new solutions for drones (these platforms finally make REAL smart drones) and test what I can do with them, but still asking why is the difference so big between these two platforms from 217$ to 500$??

I also found this in some other blogs..

2015-11-4
Use props
curaga
New

Spain

I have also found this on the blogs..

2015-11-4
Use props
jblack22785
lvl.2

United States

Please forgive my ignorance - but what is this?  I feel like an old man who just opened the internet for the first time ...

What is (1) real-world example of what I would do with this?  (other than the clearly smart ass answer of "for me ... nothing").
2015-11-6
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Aren't there separate forums for SDK users? Why is this posted here???
2015-11-9
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phuglie,   Well stated.
2015-11-10
Use props
mariano76
lvl.2