Requested features in firmware update. ADD HERE
12Next >
3563 61 2015-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jareth
lvl.1

Canada

Haven't used my osmo much and already see a couple ofsimple features that have been left out.
Need a firmware update to add:

Panning time lapse (Add motion to the pan and tilt axison time lapse) set the start and end point and hit start. Works now if you set thecustom gimbal setting to lowest and hold the stick in the direction. Takesabout 5 min to go 180.
the low res save in library but then you have to stitchon the computer after. just a little annoying seeing as how the app can do it.Hugin - Panorama photo sticher works great and is free!

Saving full res panoramas the low res save in library butthen you have to stitch on the computer after. just a little annoying seeing ashow the app can do it. Hugin - Panorama photo stitcher works great and is free!

Locking only one axis when holding the trigger it isgreat that it locks and there is also the onscreen button for locking to,however it would be nice to be able to quickly lock only the pan or tilt axisnot only both.

Quick adjust role just like the new firmware for the quad remotes holding a button the using the joystick to adjust the horizon is amust. Seams like the gimbal goes a little out just by being in a different buildingor setting, maybe something with the metal structures.

Will update as I come across them.
Please add you own requests.
2015-11-2
Use props
Salboogie
lvl.1

United States

i agree the app settings are elementry...im considering returning it to b&h ..and waiting to see what they do

would like

s-log
white balance temp option
sharpeness option
exposure comp option
2015-11-2
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

Panning time lapse would be awesome. I for one would like to access the actual 1080p 120fps video files and not the slowed down ones.
2015-11-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your suggestions! we also hope that in future we will have all of those features!
2015-11-2
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

Can we have the option to change the photo resolution? Currently it is fixed at 4000 x 2250 pixels.
2015-11-2
Use props
coryshubert
lvl.1

United States

My must haves in the next update would be:
WB custom setting... AWB can not work in any lighting situation that might change, or if you can't dial in the exact one with the presets.  You MUST be able to lock that down.
LOG file preset of some kind so editing video gives us the most latitude.
Panning time lapse would be HUGE, make this feature a real game changer
Manual audio settings.  AGC is not useful for anyone really.

I am very excited to see just where this device lands out there in the hands of working pros, and with some minor tweaks, it could get there much faster.

c
2015-11-3
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

Need to fix the 4096 real 4K! keeps crashing!
2015-11-5
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

Need D LOG
2015-11-5
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

Need to fix the compability issue with the inspire 1 X3
2015-11-5
Use props
jareth
lvl.1

Canada

Westwoodfilms.c Posted at 2015-11-5 18:53
Need to fix the 4096 real 4K! keeps crashing!

Looks like the new firmware fixes this one!
2015-11-6
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

jareth Posted at 2015-11-6 10:39
Looks like the new firmware fixes this one!

yes its working A1 now!
2015-11-7
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

again...
2015-11-7
Use props
mjgroves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7662687 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phantom Paul Posted at 2015-11-3 07:26
Can we have the option to change the photo resolution? Currently it is fixed at 4000 x 2250 pixels.

You can get the full 12MP (4000x3000) by changing 'Settings > Camera > Photo > Image Ratio' from 16:9 to 4:3.
2015-11-8
Use props
job.genders
lvl.2

Netherlands

As i pointed out, in my other posts; the inverted controls. In gamer terms; Invert mouse

So pushing the movebutton UP should result in the camera going downwards. So basically how flight simulators operate.
2015-11-8
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

job.genders Posted at 2015-11-8 10:44
As i pointed out, in my other posts; the inverted controls. In gamer terms; Invert mouse

So push ...

Its an Osmo not an aircraft! Get use to it
2015-11-11
Use props
dji-bengz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8225 ft
Hong Kong

Hi jareth,

Panning time lapse, it is a good idea.

Saving full res pano, not possible due to the limitation of processor.  But we will provide PC tool to stitch the full res photos, for free.  

Locking only one axis.  Already there.  Go to Setting/Gimbal and change Profile to C1/C2, turn on Advanced, you will find the switch to lock either Pan or Tilt axis.

Quick adjust roll.  This is a good idea.
2015-11-11
Use props
dji-bengz
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Salboogie Posted at 2015-11-3 03:07
i agree the app settings are elementry...im considering returning it to b&h ..and waiting to see wha ...

D-Log, customisable wb, sharpness option are coming.  

Not sure about the exposure comp option.  Can you elaborate?
2015-11-11
Use props
dji-bengz
lvl.2
Hong Kong

job.genders Posted at 2015-11-8 23:44

So push ...

inverted control option is coming.
2015-11-11
Use props
warrenkoen
lvl.1

South Africa

Would love to have a feature whereby one can memorise a pan/tilt move on the gimbal. Like motion control.
2015-11-12
Use props
job.genders
lvl.2

Netherlands

dji-bengz Posted at 2015-11-12 06:36
inverted control option is coming.

Just UP DOWN switched, not LEFT and RIGHT please ;-)

Perhaps could be a cool feature, when recording, you could press your finger in the center of the screen to force the camera to keep looking straight forward as it goes into a corner? To be honest i havent tried this yet with the finger-panning feature to emulate this trick.
2015-11-13
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

Westwoodfilms.c Posted at 2015-11-11 22:13
Its an Osmo not an aircraft! Get use to it

Completely agree. Very few people will invert the y-axis on the joystick.

In FPS games, when you push the mouse forward, you look up. It's not inverted. The only place it's inverted is flight controllers.
2015-11-13
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

Can we get slow shutter speeds in video mode for improved low-light response? Is it possible? Currently the lowest is 1/50 -- edit, I've just discovered the limit is 1/50 on the Android app,  but 1/15 on the iOS app. ----- would be nice to have 1/25 (in Android app) and 1/15 ... even 1/8 and 1/4.

My Sony handycam from 1998 has slow shutter mode! Why not Osmo? This makes motion appear more jerky or stroboscopic, but dramatically improves low-light performance. It's best for scenes with very little motion. 1/8 and 1/4 sec is more of a special effect, and limited use, but fun to use.
2015-11-13
Use props
Hubaberle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102638 ft
  • >>>
Germany

LOG is important, also adjustable saturation and sharpness.

Nice to have is a function where you can save 2 Positions of the cam and afterwards the Osmo moves automatically with adjustable speed from one point to the other by pressing a button.
2015-11-13
Use props
alansworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Centre-weighted or spot exposure readings.  It's averaged over the whole scene right now, so any sky in the picture and the ground and scenery go towards black.
2015-11-14
Use props
dji-bengz
lvl.2
Hong Kong

warrenkoen Posted at 2015-11-13 13:48
Would love to have a feature whereby one can memorise a pan/tilt move on the gimbal. Like motion con ...

Like keeping the gimbal move at the same speed and course?
2015-11-15
Use props
dji-bengz
lvl.2
Hong Kong

job.genders Posted at 2015-11-13 21:29
Just UP DOWN switched, not LEFT and RIGHT please ;-)

Perhaps could be a cool feature, when record ...

Noted on the up/down and not left/right inverted request.

For the long pressing screen to hold the camera position, it's a feature under developing.  Stay tuned for the next App release.
2015-11-15
Use props
dji-bengz
lvl.2
Hong Kong

ke-now Posted at 2015-11-14 02:40
Can we get slow shutter speeds in video mode for improved low-light response? Is it possible? Curren ...

A shutter speed that is slower than the 1/"frame rate" is impossible.  That's why there's 1/25 when shooting any resolution with 25 frame rate.  Also when shooting 1080p 120fps indoor you'll find it much dimmer.

It could be a bug though that the iOS provides 1/50 only.  Will check further
2015-11-15
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

dji-bengz Posted at 2015-11-16 18:04
A shutter speed that is slower than the 1/"frame rate" is impossible.  That's why there's 1/25 whe ...

Edit... I just updated the Android app and 1/25 is back. Thanks!

2015-11-16
Use props
jimpic
lvl.1

France

Here are my wishes so far:
- Panorama 180° mode without selfie. At the moment we have to turn 180° the Osmo to do that.
- Panorama with tilt locked. I noticed yesterday that before taking the pano shots, Osmo camera returned to the horizontal position though i needed an small angle upward.
2015-11-17
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

jimpic Posted at 2015-11-16 22:48
- Panorama 180° mode without selfie. At the moment we have to turn 180° ...

I request the addition of geolocation data with images.  While I understand the osmo doesn't have GPS, the iPad running the GO app does.  Can this be added?
2015-11-17
Use props
dji-bengz
lvl.2
Hong Kong

jimpic Posted at 2015-11-17 16:48
- Panorama 180° mode without selfie. At the moment we have to turn 180° ...

Both features will be available in next update.
2015-11-17
Use props
DirkK
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,

is multi row panorama planned to get a 360 x 180 degree panorama picture?
This would be a very nice and usefull feature.
2015-11-23
Use props
davidhawley46
New

United Kingdom

the start and stop recording beeps need to be different from each other.
otherwise, when you can't see the indicator LEDs (bright day or can't look down) and you're recording lots of clips it's easy to think you're starting recording when you're stopping it
2015-11-23
Use props
marciano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8748281 ft
Uruguay

I would like to DJI GO detect via iOS wifi settings the Osmo has turned on and switch automatically from current Wi-Fi connection to Osmo's one.

I have a mobile WiFi and each time I turn the Osmo off my iPhone automatically connects to it.  Turning on again I have first to open WiFi settings and manually change it to the Osmo, it is annoying.
In a hurry I have to start filming blind
2015-11-23
Use props
marciano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8748281 ft
Uruguay

I would like custom color temperature like Phantom 3 already has.
2015-11-23
Use props
coryshubert
lvl.1

United States

I would LOVE to have a peaking feature to make sure my close up subject is in fact in focus.  Should be easy to do, just have an on or off.  That way we could compose the shot and make sure our close object/person is in focus, then turn off.  Or, if walking, what would be falling in and out of focus.  3.3 feet is not that easy to guess and rather than shooting wider than you want, the ability to know at a glance would be cool.
2015-11-29
Use props
gherd
lvl.2

I have used a feature in security PTZ cameras that would be great to see in the Phantom.  When you tilt down 90 degrees, PTZ cameras will pan 180 degrees and then tilt up with a single movement of the stick.  It would be nice if the drone could do the same.  It makes it real easy to keep the camera on a target that comes straight at the camera and then passes under.
2016-1-25
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>

- Panning time lapse is great!
- Follow me (like Phantom and Inspire). I would like him to follow me when I move. The Osmo would be the tripod and I would walk around the room.
- Custom color temperature (of course).
2016-1-25
Use props
danzi.j
lvl.2

Italy

Some of these were already mentioned, but anyway here are my "would like to have" features:
1. Moving timelapse
2. Follow me option (camera to follow a face or person)
3. Something to sort out the horizon orientation. I've tested my Osmo only in a few occasions (and only for less than a week), but I often had to re-calibrate the horizon both before and/or during shooting - not cool
4. Original 120fps files instead of the slowed down ones
5. Smoother exposure changes - as soon as you point to the sky everything else just turns very dark. Needs to be adjusted

Cheers,

JD from Shanghai
2016-1-25
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

I would like to be able to customise the 'photo' button to 'toggle AE lock'
2016-1-27
Use props
12Next >