Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
will sending the bird off fix the "no signal"
1022 15 2015-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mudcon
lvl.4

United States

Some have told me that they have heard of people sending there bird in under warranty and DJI fixed the "no signal" issue?  Does anyone know if this is true?  I am about to the end of my warranty 6 months and if it will I will send it in. Thanks for any info....
2015-11-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

We will fix it if it's product's problem, but not a user's mistake.
2015-11-2
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.4

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-11-2 20:22
Of course they will fix it. That would be the last resort for me.

well I am down to my last resort
2015-11-3
Use props
pi-inthesky
First Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

What are the circumstances when you lose signal?
2015-11-3
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.4

United States

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2015-11-3 07:26
What are the circumstances when you lose signal?

Have full control of the bird,  just cant see what the bird sees which means if you are taking video or pics you can tell what you are doing.
2015-11-3
Use props
RozBujnik
lvl.1

Canada

Have the same issue. Been waiting for a fix through firmware update, but no luck, and I suppose it is time to send in.
2015-11-3
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-11-3
Use props
mariano76
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509196 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-3 05:12
We will fix it if it's product's problem, but not a user's mistake.

Hi,
tomorrow i will send my phantom 3 advanced to repair center due to stress crack in the shell, i'm experiencing these "no signal" issues on about 50% of the times i power up my p3a ... it's happening a lot of times and this delays take off considerably 'cause i have to power cycle both drone and RC several times before getting video signal.
Only 1 time this has happened during flight and luckily i was able to get back my p3a and land it.
I have ready my RMA number and i will add the "NO SIGNAL" issue in the Description of Fault section. Can you tell me more about how you will fix this problem?
Just to add more info on the event i had during flight:
There was a message on the screen asking if i want to initiate the RTH procedure, i answered yes but with no effect, my p3 was hovering in the sky and was not returning back.
RC led was green so i used sticks to get it on the ground.
2015-11-3
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.4

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-11-3 16:30
Are you getting telemetry?

yes I do, every thing still reads normal.
2015-11-4
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-11-4
Use props
jblack22785
lvl.1

United States

Same problem - many have discussed these issues.  Sent mine it - works like a charm now.  Never did really find out what was wrong with it ..
2015-11-5
Use props
ralinebe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276952 ft
United States

jblack22785@gma Posted at 2015-11-5 14:47
Same problem - many have discussed these issues.  Sent mine it - works like a charm now.  Never did  ...

What's the process of sending it back in? How long does it take and where do you send it (ASIA?)? My P3A was having the no signal issue a couple weeks ago. It does it every once in a while but I'm thinking about sending it in because the could be a issue. I bought it about a month and a half ago...
2015-11-5
Use props
jblack22785
lvl.1

United States

Call tech support and request an RMA to return the craft for repair.  They will send you an e-mail containing a pre-paid shipping label with a very specific form and list of instructions.  It's fairly simple.  Mine went to California.  From there is swam to Asia (kidding).  There was no option for expedited shipping so it literally spent more time in transit to and from California (I'm on the east cost) than did the repair time.  They charged me for the repair.  I had mine about as long as you when it happened - somewhere between 2 firmware updates and App updates.  I cannot say the exact moment of when my issue started, but once it did, it NEVER corrected.  There are several threads outlining my experience, which was satisfying.  It's a frustrating thing in general - good luck!
2015-11-6
Use props
ralinebe
lvl.1
United States

jblack22785@gma Posted at 2015-11-5 14:47
Same problem - many have discussed these issues.  Sent mine it - works like a charm now.  Never did  ...

Hey I'm having the same "No Signal" issue on about 50% of the time. What's the process and timing of sending your bird back in to Dji?

Check out my post about my issue. I embedded a video.  

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid280732
2016-1-1
Use props
ralinebe
lvl.1
United States

jblack22785@gma Posted at 2015-11-6 16:09
Call tech support and request an RMA to return the craft for repair.  They will send you an e-mail c ...

Hey, why did they charge you for the repair? Did you crash or something? I though if its still under warranty the repair is free if you didn't crash. How much was it?
2016-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules