Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crash After Switching to Naza - Red Lights Blinks Not Working
1831 5 2014-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
weddingstoke
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Today after few months of happy flying with Phantom 2 Vision+ i decided to go ahead and try Naza mode .
I Switched on Manual and fly up to about 30m , when i tried to land it went down so quickly that i couldnt stop it it fliped and landed to the ground .
Now kind of figured out the reason i guess its cause the stock props cant handle that fast landing . Now i got my gimbal broken a part, and the metal stood from the motor is broken ,  no idea how to glue it or fix it . second , copter itself is giving me red light blinks on start , sems like naza is not responding at all , would anyone have the same issue or know how to solve or buy gimbal motor and how to fix naza , thank you Piotr

DSC_0191.JPG
2014-9-23
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

The P2V+ is the Phantom flagship.
It's not only the most expensive, it's also the most delicate.
Unless you are an experienced RC heli pilot, Manual FM is not for you.
I guess you discovered that, and it's too bad.
The stock props actually contributed nothing to causing this crash.
Manual FM is like balancing a marble on a sheet of glass.
The craft just got away from you.

It sounds like your entire craft is ruined.
I'd go on the DJI website and search for one of the dealer repair centers in your area.
With the damage you are describing, it's probably your only choice...
2014-9-23
Use props
Tony
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yikes, yeah Manual Mode is a no-go for me. I would never even attempt it. So sorry to hear about your crash.
Just wanted to add that you can replace the camera and gimble for about $700 USD. Or get it to a DJI certified repair center and let them diagnose it.

Not sure about the blinking reds. Sounds like a bad situation. Best of luck.
2014-9-23
Use props
simonfeaugas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Sorry to hear about this crash, but as I can read you explanation, first error is going on to fly on manual mode! Thats way to difficult and there need to be a lot of flying and knowing how the copter work before even trying! Best of locks and hope you can repair your copter.
2014-9-23
Use props
weddingstoke
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply , i use to fly other self build machines  , im not an expert pilot but i used to fly phantom 1 , self build quadcopter and hexa on apm boards or naza,
2014-9-23
Use props
Scott-Heliguy
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

if you live in the UK and need it fixed. Heliguy.com are the uk's official DJI repair centre if that helps
2014-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules