The Zenmuse X3 gimbal of Inspire 1 is currently not compatible with the Osmo
6553 33 2015-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Dear DJI users,
The Zenmuse X3 gimbal and camera that comes with the Inspire 1 is currently not compatible with the Osmo handle.
Do not install the Zenmuse X3 for Inspire 1 onto the Osmo.
Do not attempt to update the Osmo firmware through the Zenmuse X3 camera for Inspire 1.
Sorry for incovenience caused. If you have any questions, please contact DJI Support for assistance.

osmo_camera_3.jpeg

2015-11-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI is now  working on a new firmware for OSMO which will be compateble both Inspire X3 and Osmo  cameras, please, keep your eye on official DJI website release notes.  Thank you for your patience!
2015-11-2
Use props
Capt_M
lvl.2

United States

I'm glad I saw this before I placed my order..
2015-11-2
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

I m just... lost
in the page http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/faq we have :
Can I use the Inspire 1’s camera with the Osmo?
Yes. After updating the Zenmuse X3 camera firmware on the Inspire 1, you can install the X3 camera directly on the Osmo...
So.......????
2015-11-3
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

So a firmware update is needed - my supplier in the UK thinks OSMO handle only kit will be shipping end of November - so as long as the firmware update is out before then, there's no issue.

UNLESS - they take months to get the firmware out.
2015-11-3
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is no Good.  I hope this is resolved quickly.  I don't understand how this could happen as earlier units were using the same X3 camera.  How long do I have to return my recently purchased Osmo if it fails to be compatible with my inspire 1 Camera?
2015-11-3
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

Always the same story with dji.... bad communuication...lot of frustration ....
2015-11-4
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Pgale Posted at 2015-11-3 23:30
So a firmware update is needed - my supplier in the UK thinks OSMO handle only kit will be shipping  ...

I think DJI will be working very hard to get the firmware upgrade done so that the handle will work with our I1 X3 cameras.
I would guess that they have thousands of "handle only" orders sitting there waiting for this upgrade.
They probably issued this warning for those who have already taken delivery of the handle with camera and who might be considering trying their I1 cameras on the handle.
Will continue to be patient
2015-11-4
Use props
rajbhag
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201106 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-3 14:33
DJI is now  working on a new firmware for OSMO which will be compateble both Inspire X3 and Osmo  ca ...

This web says you can use the Inspire X3 on the Osmos after upgrading the firmware on Inspire X3.  http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/faq
2015-11-4
Use props
capalvch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71125 ft
Venezuela

OSMO Doesn't work with IX3 and an adaptor that is not available is needed tu use the OSMO with the X5. So what are tha OSMO Handle good for?
2015-11-5
Use props
rajbhag
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

rajbhag@singnet Posted at 2015-11-5 15:12
This web says you can use the Inspire X3 on the Osmos after upgrading the firmware on Inspire X3.  ...

I updated the firmware for the OSMOS, but don't try fixing the IX3 camera and gimbal, it does not fit even when you align the contacts on the IX3 and OSMO handle. You cannot lock the IX3 to the OSMOS if use force you will damage either one
2015-11-6
Use props
mfa
lvl.2

United Arab Emirates

So you need a firmware upgrade to use the Inspire camera to the Osmo, however I am confused that you still need another adapter (hardware) piece to fit it on the Osmo?
2015-11-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2015-11-4 13:33
I think DJI will be working very hard to get the firmware upgrade done so that the handle will wor ...

Why else would you buy the handle?  I cancelled my order last night, this is ridiculous after the long wait since last November

Rich
2015-11-8
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

The inspire X3 works with my Osmo the gimbal is better imo but there is still no video coming out because of the missing update. they said do not install on the Osmo well i did anyway lol And no prob with my Osmo
2015-11-8
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

rajbhag@singnet Posted at 2015-11-6 23:01
I updated the firmware for the OSMOS, but don't try fixing the IX3 camera and gimbal, it does not  ...

lol i already posted about this and the inspire X3 works fine on the Osmo just no video signal yet. When putting the inspire camera on you cant line up the white lines the camera white line has to be in the opposite side just do a 180 with the line and fits like a glove!
2015-11-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

The X3 camera may work with the Osmo handle (as some here have said) but it is not currently supported. DJI is working on a fix.

Dave
2015-11-9
Use props
sallen9735
New

United States

I've order a handle from dji a month ago I guess there's no sense in asking why they haven't shipped yet as they haven't got the firmware ready! Any one have any idea when they'll have this resolved? Some say the end of November, dji has been evasive in there answer's to these questions. Seems odd to sell handles for the X3 when they're having compatibility issue's.  Really like the products just wish they had there act together BEFORE they start advertising a product is ready to sell.
2015-11-12
Use props
sallen9735
New

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-11-8 12:41
Why else would you buy the handle?  I cancelled my order last night, this is ridiculous after the  ...

I'm with you if I don't get any answers I'm going to cancel as well. I'm pissed.
2015-11-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

sallen9735@aol. Posted at 2015-11-12 14:48
I'm with you if I don't get any answers I'm going to cancel as well. I'm pissed.

Please note, that after I cancelled my handle only kit, I did order the complete OSMO. I changed my mind and decided I would like to keep my Inspire 1 complete and ready to go. This way I don't have to worry about firmware compatibility issues and I am always ready to go as needed.

It was more money than I wanted to spend but ultimately, I think this will be a good thing in the end.
Rich
2015-11-12
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

This is what DJI wants....costumers have to pay.. more and more....
In the same time....the 2 X3 are supposed to be compatibles with the osmo .. WTF ???
2015-11-12
Use props
rajbhag
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

Westwoodfilms.c Posted at 2015-11-9 04:33
lol i already posted about this and the inspire X3 works fine on the Osmo just no video signal yet ...

well I tried what you are saying that is 180 degrees but can't lock. you have to use force which I do not want to do
2015-11-13
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

You have to push it a bit to lock! I tried several times and no issues! Its the only way to do it
2015-11-15
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Westwoodfilms.c Posted at 2015-11-15 03:36
You have to push it a bit to lock! I tried several times and no issues! Its the only way to do it

Upside down Inspire 1 video?  I put the inspire 1 x3 camera on the inspire to see how well it worked, and while it did connect and power up, wasn't getting a video feed to the iPad/go app, but was able to take a picture.  When I put the inspire x3 back on he inspire, now the video feed from the inspire x3 to the go ap is upside down.... The telemetry data is displayed correctly, but the image behind it is flipped.  I tried to reload the most recent inspire firmware on the camera, but no change.
How is the firmware update coming along DJI?
2015-11-15
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

So any update on the firmware?
The handles get shipped out on  the 25th.
2015-11-24
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been lied to so many times by DJI Sales I'm getting ill over it.  I placed my order on the handle kit on October 14.  They keep on pushing the date back.  The latest information I had was 11/25.  I checked last night and they said the end of the month or the beginning of December.  Each time I check, they keep on pushing the date back.  This is quite disappointing and I'm losing all of my faith and trust in their sales department altogether.
2015-11-24
Use props
Richardrambone
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-11-24 15:23
I've been lied to so many times by DJI Sales I'm getting ill over it.  I placed my order on the hand ...

I heard not till late january 2016!!
2015-11-26
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-11-26 19:44
I heard not till late january 2016!!

If my order does not ship during the 1st week of December, I'm cancelling my order.  I will not wait until late January 2016.  The ONLY way I will wait is if DJI refunds me for my current order and does the right thing by charging me when it ships.  I'm still hoping that they come through and ship the first week of December as PROMISED.
2015-11-27
Use props
darmino
lvl.2
Flight distance : 615230 ft
United States

I suspect that DJI will not be shipping the OSMO handle until after Christmas.  They have a lot of OSMO's with the camera sitting on the shelf that they need to liquidate.  The OSMO is not selling well due to the numerous problems and terrible reviews (look no further than this forum for conformation).   Many people plan on using the OSMO handle with their Inspire 1 camera to video the Christmas holiday,  DJI knows this and will force Inspire owners to purchase the OSMO with the camera to do this.  I hope I'm wrong, I have zero faith in DJI at this point and would be surprised if this wasn't their motivation for the after Christmas release date.
Ok, now lets hear from the fanboys about how wrong I am.
2015-11-30
Use props
kneverett
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I received a DJI e-mail today indicating the Osmo Handle Kit will not ship until LATE December.  I'm looking seriously at getting a new full frame camera body in January or February.  The only thing holding me back has been the cash flow.  If the Osmo ship date slips again you can be certain I'll cancel the order and invest that money in an actual shipping product.  I don't like having my money working for anyone but me.
2015-11-30
Use props
Richardrambone
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

kneverett Posted at 2015-11-30 16:43
I received a DJI e-mail today indicating the Osmo Handle Kit will not ship until LATE December.  I'm ...

They took everybody's money to pay for the manufacturing processes.
2015-12-1
Use props
Richardrambone
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-11-27 09:25
If my order does not ship during the 1st week of December, I'm cancelling my order.  I will not wa ...

Now there saying end of 2nd quarter 2016 so that could possibly be June? They can grow tomatoes on Mars but can they grow them on Uranus???
2015-12-2
Use props
juansantiuste
lvl.2

Spain

I've just recived a mail from DJI saying there is a new firmware update for the Inspire that makes the X3 compatible with Osmo and other improvements...
2015-12-7
Use props
rogerkapsalis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1340610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tim, is there a way to fit the X3 on the X5 gimbal? I own a Inspire Pro and want to buy the Osmo. Can I use the fit the OSMO x3 onto my X5 mount?
2016-3-19
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
  • >>>

rogerkapsalis Posted at 2016-3-20 12:38
Tim, is there a way to fit the X3 on the X5 gimbal? I own a Inspire Pro and want to buy the Osmo. Ca ...

negative, the black OSMO x3 (with lacking gimbal motors) does not work if hooked up to an Inspire 1..... Let's hope that the Thermal XT will work on the OSMO....
2016-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules