Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
This might be a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyways.
5157 10 2015-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikey14
lvl.4

United States

Whether I'm practicing, crusing or filming something I always want the camera rolling just incase I catch something good. So my question is when I hit record, does it record on both my phone and memory card in the camera? Most of the time I use my phone when flying and I don't have unlimited space on my phone so when I record it takes up a lot of memory that is needed for pictures of my 7 month old.  
2015-11-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The primary recording is always on the SD card in the camera, not your phone. So if you have a good sized SD card, then just put the camera into record before you take off and stop it when you land. It is possible to record onto your phone, but there is no point when a better file is on the aircraft's SD card.
2015-11-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

it is recording  to the SD card but also cashing photos to your phone memory
2015-11-3
Use props
Ulysse
First Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

The stock SD card is enough to record full 4K videos for 2 "standard" flights (17-18 minutes on each battery)
2015-11-3
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-3
Use props
gongml
lvl.3
Flight distance : 595413 ft
Canada

Rebel Posted at 2015-11-3 09:26
It depends on your settings. If you have it set to "cache" video....then yes it is recording to your ...

Could u please let me know where the cache video setting is?  I don't remember seeing it...

Also can we cache the whole flight regardless whether the record button is pressed?  It can be useful for analyze crushes when they happen...
2015-11-3
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-3
Use props
gongml
lvl.3
Flight distance : 595413 ft
Canada

Rebel Posted at 2015-11-3 21:47
General settings / scroll down until you see "Video Cache" Choose either disabled or recording.
Th ...

Thanks a lot!

I take photos most of the time when flying, so keeping the recording on won't work for me.  I think DJI shall implement the video cache option in GO app regardless whether the camera is recording.  After all, the video is already streamed to the phone.  All need to be done is to save it locally...
2015-11-3
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.4

United States

I am definitely going to turn OFF the cache recording to my phone because I do not need it recording in 2 places unless I'm going to edit a video in the DJI GO app.
2015-11-3
Use props
philipbi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1029032 ft
United States

just a followup note to the Video Cache.  I believe the video that is being recorded to your smart device is actually the 720p resolution that you are viewing on your device and not the higher video resolution you have asked the DJI App to record your flight in to your SD card.  I found this to be true after my SD Video was corrupt but was able to salvage my 720p version off the iPad after syncing with iTunes.  
2016-3-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

philipbi Posted at 2016-3-3 04:15
just a followup note to the Video Cache.  I believe the video that is being recorded to your smart d ...

Yes, that is correct. The video processing chip in the camera gimbal unit has a down-scaled output of 720p that is linked back to the RC unit for viewing. This is also recorded on the phone/tablet.
2016-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules