Starts badly: Wifi problem
3707 8 2015-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdhp
lvl.1
Germany

I got the Osmo and was excited. After 5 minutes of testing and changing some settings it became a big disappointment.

I do not have access to the Osmo-Wifi anymore.
After I switched the Wifi-Settings GHZ in the DJI-Go-App I have not longer access - and I don't know how to change it back.
Anyone know how to reset the Osmo without access over the DJI-Go-App?
That really should not be possible without a warning. Really not.

Any help appreciated.

2015-11-3
Use props
sdhp
lvl.1
Germany

I found it myself, if anyone stumbles upon that problem, here is the solution:

Manual - Page 25 Troubleshooting 1 > See "Key Combination" (sorry I can't copy, they locked the manual-pdf).

Right now I don't feel comfortable that I bought it, the battery was fully charged but died after 15 minutes, that is not enough...
But the good thing is: I was planning to buy the Phantom III professional, and now at least I am pretty sure that this will not happen directly - IF it will...
2015-11-3
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

You change the wifi to 5.8 Ghz, right? Find an ios device which would help you find the OSMO wifi.
2015-11-4
Use props
sdhp
lvl.1
Germany

The only IOS-device at my hands is an Ipad Mini 4 and that did not find it after the change.
I had to reset the settings as I mentioned above.

My suggestion is that there should be a warning that you could lose all connection and possibility to control it if you do not check in advance that your smartphone is capable of 5.8 (if that was the reason in my case...). The frustration not to be able to control your device because you are not save to change settings without something that dramatical possible to happen takes a lot of confidence to the product itself.

Overall I am very disapointed of this product, it feels like it's a good idea that you brought to market - unfinished.

Here is why:

- You ask for registration which needs an internet connection which you do not have when you are connected to the osmo - and if you switch to internet it asks you to connect to your device. I suggest to change that part of the process soon, because that is a really frustrating moment
- The sound issues are terrible, the fan is that loud that you even hear it on a lav mic at an arms length away. That is unacceptable, and makes the gained mobility as for vlogging pointless.
- Panning with the joystick gives notably choppy/stuttering results on video
- The battery dies after 15 minutes which is way too short to use it in the field. In addition to that you even could not deliver a second one in time as I was ready to pay for it anyways (good that I did not throw more money at it)
- I had some expectations to the video quality from the ad-footage that you showcase on YouTube, yet it seems that you have to postprocess it a lot to get there

So every point that makes you buy this item underperforms in a way that makes me feel I lost a big chunk of money, because this really is not worth 749 Euro at all.
Would I recommend it to friends? No way.

Sad thing, I was about to buy a Phantom III professional, but know I am really hesitant to do so.
At least one thing I will never do again: Buy directly from your shop.
Buying it online from a store in Germany at least gives me the opportunity to return it within 14 days without a hassle.

My actual opinion so far: This product has the serious potential to damage DJIs overall good image and you should do something about it as soon as possible.
2015-11-4
Use props
Ventuza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71726 ft
Canada

Welcome to the club sdhp.
I don't think we are grumpy complainers.
The issues raised put in question quality control and logic of software.
My local store hit me with a 48h deadline for a DJI Ronin M return, when their policy is 14 days. I was let to know that it's a "DJI deal".
I managed to return the half baked Ronin-M, with a lot of sweat, there were a few very very tense days for me. Got charged a restocking fee.
So be careful even with your local shop. Double check.
2015-11-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdhp Posted at 2015-11-4 17:36
The only IOS-device at my hands is an Ipad Mini 4 and that did not find it after the change.
I had  ...

1) About the activation problem, you can try to use iphone devices and turn the mobile data service on, that can spare you from the switch network back and forth. The android device haven't have this ability, the reason is that it can't support the mobile data and wifi at the same time. Instead, iphone have this function. We will try to make the activation process more clear by making some tutorial videos or files. Sorry for the inconveniency caused.
2) The internal mic did record the noise from the fan, so we provide an external MIC port which can enable you to use an external MIC. We should've given the customer an explanation about this problem. We will improve this in the future.
3)The battery can be used for about 1 hour if the gimbal is still. The movement of the gimbal can consume a lot of power. So the recording time will be reduced accordingly, this is limited by the capacity of the battery, it's 980mAh.
4)About the video quality, the max resolution is 4K definitely. It's the same of the inpire 1 X3 camera. Sometimes, uploading to the website, it will decrease the quality due to the website. But if you check the video in the sd card. The quality should be good.
If your OSMO have quality issue, you can contact our technical support for help.
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

If you're using android device and change the wifi settings accidentally, you can try the following method to reset to 2.4GHZ:
1)Please try an iphone to conncet the OSMO , ios device can support 2.4G and 5.8G at the same time. Then you can go the wifi setting and switch back to 2.4G.
2)  Hold down the Trigger and Shutter button at the same time. Then, pull the power switch down until the System Status Indicator blinks green. Release the power button before releasing the Trigger. Then the wifi will be reset to 2.4G, your device can search it again.
Sorry for the no warning problem. Yes , it doesn't make sense, we will definately improve this in the future.
2015-11-16
Use props
deedeedee
lvl.2

Macao

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-16 17:12
If you're using android device and change the wifi settings accidentally, you can try the following  ...

doesnt work for me... i tried many times. any other way to reset wifi?
there really should be a waring when you change the setting....
2015-11-21
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

deedeedee Posted at 2015-11-22 09:17
doesnt work for me... i tried many times. any other way to reset wifi?
there really should be a wa ...

What is your OSMO problem? Can you provide more details? All of the mehods of resetting wifi has been provided above.
2015-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules