12Next >
4297 47 2015-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

PLZ DJI make me a tester.. this has so much potential in it.. is it real? is it the really close future??

SKy
2015-11-3
Use props
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

Soon come. Conceptual promo for DJI.
2015-11-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I noticed when the aircraft is in the people's hands they have no propellers? Yet they throw it into the air and suddenly it grows propellers and flies?
2015-11-3
Use props
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

obstacle avoidance or as DJI calls it guidance is the next step on whatever the next inspire and phantom drones will be called. Plus new  government laws may require drones to have such a system fitted as standard.
2015-11-3
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

This is cool and great ideas, but let's get the software right first... Kind of putting the cart before the horse.
But a cool video!!!
2015-11-3
Use props
gongml
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595413 ft
Canada

ajinop Posted at 2015-11-3 20:17
This is cool and great ideas, but let's get the software right first... Kind of putting the cart bef ...

The software is already available (e.g. Google car), just cannot run on the drones' CPUs yet.
2015-11-3
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

gongml Posted at 2015-11-3 18:36
The software is already available (e.g. Google car), just cannot run on the drones' CPUs yet.

Gongml
I know text is not great for sarcasm.
When I speak of software I mean the updates referring to our Phantoms the app, all the errors and issues.
I have noticed that dji has a case of short attention span, they move on to the next big thing before they have fixed issues with the product that people buy from them.
We are all essentially investors in this company we all put our hard earned money into this purchase of a dji product ,this gives them cash and profitability to continue on with the next great idea.
How ever if you don't take care of your customers then word travels fast 1 unhappy customer tells ten, then ten tells 100, and 100 tell1000..so on and so on

I just hope that dji can make our product a bit more stable before moving on to the next idea!
I personally have become less comfortable of flying my bird after each update.
I worry more about a problem then enjoying flying my P3P.
I actually didn't fly it a few days because of signal issues, so at some point and time when your hobby becomes more stressful then enjoyable you lose business.
I hope dji is listening because I really did enjoy this quad..... Please put the fun back into it and take away the worry.... Thank you.

2015-11-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ajinop Posted at 2015-11-4 14:14
Gongml
When I speak of software I mean the updates referrin ...

You say talk as if you are being abandoned by DJI. They will work on the issues, and they will solve them. This promo has no bearing on that,  it is not even connected, it is the marketing department coming up with an idea of where the development will go.

(Even if it has no propellers!!)

2015-11-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I really like the multi-cam idea with 4 quads and video down link on 1 iPad.

DJI is working on some cool stuff.
I wonder what we will be talking about 10 years from now.

Dave
2015-11-3
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-3 21:26

DJI is working on som ...

Mr Dave
Do we have any idea or hope of fixes to the issues around the P3P?

I don't want corner you on time and dates, but does dji listen to us.
Are they at least looking into things ?

I love the innovation you guys have put forth but I want to enjoy what I have now before the next best thing.
Thank you for listening in advance..
2015-11-3
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-3 21:20
You say talk as if you are being abandoned by DJI. They will work on the issues, and they will solv ...

Geebax, I don't feel abandoned it just looks like the are taking on a lot.
They have the P3P
The new osmo
The new zenmuse lens
That new interface module
Ronin gimbal
All the intelligent sonic detection stuff for quads.
That's probably half of what we know about.

Just a lot on the plate and thenwork out iOS / android software
And multiple device platforms...

Lots and lots of stuff
2015-11-3
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Will it walk my dog?
2015-11-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ajinop Posted at 2015-11-4 14:38
Geebax, I don't feel abandoned it just looks like the are taking on a lot.
They have the P3P
The  ...

That's OK, how much do you know about the size of the DJI company? How many people work there? How many are involved in R&D, software engineering, etc?

Personally, I don't know the answer to any of those questions, but it will probably reflect how many products they can conceive, design and bring to market. I used to be involved in R&D and product development, and it is surprising how few people need to be assigned to a given product, particularly if you don't follow the often bloated Western ideals of having too many people on a given task.

DJI, like any company, needs to be dreaming ahead, constantly re-inventing themselves and creating new products if they are going to succeed in this business. I really think they are doing very well in most areas, except perhaps support, but even there they seem to be trying to improve on that.

2015-11-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

How high can your dog go?
2015-11-3
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-4 11:26

DJI is working on som ...

My guess would would be the two month wait for repairs.
2015-11-3
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-3 21:20
You say talk as if you are being abandoned by DJI. They will work on the issues, and they will solv ...

... most likely... bad FPV... when will they fix it... fly aways... and where are the operator manuals... what do you think?

Butch
2015-11-3
Use props
Othan1
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-4 12:51

Depends on the strain of edible I feed her...oh, wait, wrong kind of high.

(yes, I'm joking)
2015-11-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

oh yeach... DJI future of possible!
2015-11-4
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, and when the TSA (FAA) requires these features, will there be a retrofit for the now useless P3?
2015-11-4
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I love this video. Nice job DJI.
2015-11-4
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-4 12:51

Not a back to the future fan eh?

http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Automatic_dog-walker
2015-11-4
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

ajinop Posted at 2015-11-3 19:31
Mr Dave
Do we have any idea or hope of fixes to the issues around the P3P?

I fully understand your frustration.
I have been a DJI customer a lot longer than I have been a DJI employee.  I was using DJI products for about 3 years before I was hired. However the statement should be modified. It's not that I was a DJI customer and now I am a DJI employee. I am still both. I do have empathy and sympathy for our customers.   And I need to make sure I always stay in that frame of mind. That way I can be better connected to you guys, and that will help me provide better support.

As far as a date or a timeline...
I can not say. One of our other forum support guys on a different forum made a claim on when a new propulsion system was coming out. He was wrong by several months, and had users asking him and reminding him of what he had said all the time. It was a mess.  DJI had told him a date, but he was the one that looked bad on the forum because he was the one that made the promise.
I decided right then and there, that even if I have a date I will not share it. There is too great of a chance of being wrong about the date because of unforeseen things that I have no control over.
Personally I belive in the old saying " it is better to under promise and over deliver".  I don't think the marketing guys in China know of that saying.

So I am sorry, we will all just have to wait and see. It will happen though!
2015-11-4
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-3 20:49
That's OK, how much do you know about the size of the DJI company? How many people work there? How  ...

Very well said. Thanks.
2015-11-4
Use props
headkumquat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16060 ft
Canada

Lots of cool stuff here! Love the idea of using a glove to control the quad (LOS only, though!). But flying four quads with one tablet?! I have enough problems keeping track of ONE!
2015-11-4
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2015-11-4 04:22
Yeah, and when the TSA (FAA) requires these features, will there be a retrofit for the now useless P ...

By the time the FAA or TSA does something like this we will be on the Phantom 7 or 8 and your P3 will be a fun toy for your 10 year old son.
2015-11-4
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-11-4 09:49
Not a back to the future fan eh?

http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Automatic_dog-walker

That is what I was thinking when I saw your post about walking the dog. Love Back to the Future, one of the best movies.
2015-11-4
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2015-11-4 04:22
Yeah, and when the TSA (FAA) requires these features, will there be a retrofit for the now useless P ...

Hey spiderbot, not trying to pick a fight, so please don't take my question that way - just curious what you meant by "now useless P3".  As far as the platform goes, the only thing I find somewhat annoying is the manual way-point mapping vs. offline mapping.  But the manual way-point does work perfectly.

Look, I'm not afraid to call DJI out whenever needed, and if something comes along that's better for the same price, I might just go for it.  But from a useful platform perspective at this price, I've checked, and there doesn't appear to be anything better.  Check the other manufacturer's support websites and forums, they all have their own problems - this actually is rocket science.

In the end, this is a software-driven growth platform that will continue to get enhanced over time.  If we all had to wait for the very last feature to get added to the P3 before being able to purchase it, we'd all still be flying our P2's wondering when the P3 was going to be launched.   
2015-11-4
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

ajinop Posted at 2015-11-3 19:14
Gongml
When I speak of software I mean the updates referrin ...

Hey ajinop, I feel your pain.

Question, just curious what problems you are having. sounds like signal loss only.  I ask only because when I first started reading this forum, I was getting almost depressed, like "look at all the issues my P3 is having; fly aways, gimbal issues, IMU errors."  But then I realized that I actually wasn't having any of those issues; mine has been perfect.  I was reading a handful of other people's issues and getting caught-up in all the negative hype.  It's very easy to do, and you can become very negative very quickly without even realizing it.

So, if signal loss has been your only real issue, then focus on that problem only; research, find solutions from others, check other forums, etc.  Just try not to get caught-up in the mob.  You'll start to feel a lot better about your purchase, and enjoy flying again.
2015-11-4
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-4 15:00
I fully understand your frustration.
I have been a DJI customer a lot longer than I have been a DJ ...

Dave I totally understand and I appreciate the up front and honest reply
It's nice that you answered mt text with that I at least know you are reading what we put here.
Thank you again and we will all just have to be patient and hope on the best.
I still like my P3P
2015-11-4
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-11-4 18:45
Hey ajinop, I feel your pain.

Question, just curious what problems you are having. sounds like sig ...

Hey I appreciate the kind words Hunter thank you! I'm not trying to be too negative and I still like my P3P
Just am a lil nervous with the updates and the seemingly new set of challenges.
I still fly I'm just nervous to now I really would be upset if my bird was to perform a flyaway.
But not much else I can do about it right now.
I'll have to hope that another update will come and resolve some worries.
Again thanks for the nice and polite manner hunter and thanks Dave for reading and replying.
2015-11-4
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-11-4 18:28
Hey spiderbot, not trying to pick a fight, so please don't take my question that way - just curiou ...

I think you didn't understand my point.  Someone above stated that the govt may require obstacle avoidance.

There's nothing better than the P3 now, sure.  There are no real rules in place.  If the FAA (or whoever) mandates that UAVs need to have collision avoidance to be legal in USA skies, the P3 would then be (legally) useless.

DJI thinks the $1800 I just spent should just be passed on to my non-existent child so I can pay another way too much for their next marketing strategy.  Did you notice that the quads in the video are composited?  Did you notice the high-dollar acting talent?  I'll believe this video when I see the actual product and if the product is actually released, I'll bet the price will be sky high.

2015-11-5
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

the problem with having lots of quads controlled by one ipad is....i can probably only afford one quad...
2015-11-5
Use props
robinangered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 870177 ft
Sweden

i hope the next phanton 4? will have camera with zoom, both digital zoom and optical? i want to be able to zoom into object i dont want to fly to near.  I would also have it waterproof to be able to fly outside rainy days maybe a waterproof case/body for the drone also being able to land into the sea and take off from the sea, maybe even be able to film with the camera underwater even if there is not much to see.
2015-11-5
Use props
robinangered
lvl.2
Sweden

Michael M Posted at 2015-11-5 19:41
the problem with having lots of quads controlled by one ipad is....i can probably only afford one qu ...

i was thinking about this to, i think i had bought 2 anyway and just be living on biscuits and water for about a year and having alot of fun outside.
2015-11-5
Use props
robinangered
lvl.2
Sweden

i wonder if some1 will make a drone that will land exacly at its take off point for recharging and working stand alone for security / observation over a object or area you have set it to control over watch, taking videos everytime its in the air and you should be able to check live feed from your smart phone or computer whats been going on in the area.

or maybe a drone thats connected to some companies alarm so when some1 tries to break in the drone till auto launch and will record around the area maybe also it could follow moving objects in the area if it "knows" how it should look like before and that no movement is in the area when its hovering over area to check if all is clear, also it would automatic record. this is future right ?
2015-11-5
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2015-11-5 04:51
I think you didn't understand my point.  Someone above stated that the govt may require obstacle a ...

Hey spiderbot, I see your point now.  Yeah, I guess it would depend on how the technology could be implemented - like a forward facing VPS-type sensor on steroids that could be bolted onto the existing platform.

But I don't see a mandatory obstacle avoidance requirement being implemented anytime soon.  I see no stories in the press around drones hitting things.  The hype is really around privacy, as well as being able to track down the owner of a drone that just did a bad thing.

But you're right, at some point the Government could mandate something in the future that could cause an existing platform useable without some sort of modification.
2015-11-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Yeah that was my point also, mandatory obstacle avoidance requirement will not be implemented anytime soon! So your P3 will be extremely outdated when it does become mandatory.   Spiderbot, please do not take this wrong, but if you are not willing to pay to upgrade as new tech comes out you are in the wrong hobby/business.
2015-11-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

robinangered@li Posted at 2015-11-5 11:46
i wonder if some1 will make a drone that will land exacly at its take off point for recharging and w ...

Those are some great ideas!!!
2015-11-5
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

robinangered@li Posted at 2015-11-5 11:46
i wonder if some1 will make a drone that will land exacly at its take off point for recharging and w ...

a drone that recharges itself by harvesting electricity from the spinning motors!
2015-11-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Michael M Posted at 2015-11-6 14:53
a drone that recharges itself by harvesting electricity from the spinning motors!

Otherwise known as perpetual motion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion
2015-11-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules