Birds
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I've been skeptical of all the talk of bird strikes on Phantoms.That is until recently...
I've been flying in a nice open spot, there are a few trees, river close by and when I check the surroundings all is good and quiet.
Take off and start flying and out of the blue there seems to be 10 or 20 birds all checking out my P3P.
It's like they are drawn to it! Couple of times I've had to get evasive actions to avoid bird on drone collisions.

2015-11-3
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

its surprising how many take an interest, i was flying I'm my garden the other day doing some low level testing, just 30ft or so and spotted seagull was flashing back and forth  a few times, then realised he was coming in close for a look and slowing down right above it.

2015-11-3
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2015-11-3 15:57
its surprising how many take an interest, i was flying I'm my garden the other day doing some low le ...

Believe it or not,  many birds are VERY territorial,  especially if they are nesting.  I have birds swoop on my P3 all the time.  Only thing to do is go low and fast back home and fly later.  Or let your Phantom get knocked out of the sky.
2015-11-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

i wonder does aircraft 's ultrasonic has something to to with birds attack
2015-11-4
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha DJI-Tim,

Yeah, the 40 kHz signal from the two stereo sensors on the VPS may speak loudly to the birds.  Someone who gets this level of interest should test it by shutting down the VPS for a flight or two and see what happens.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-4
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

I wonder if it would be possible to automatically turn off the VPS when the P3 is too high for the VPS to be useful.
2015-11-4
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2015-11-4 12:17
I wonder if it would be possible to automatically turn off the VPS when the P3 is too high for the V ...

it does already going into hibernation i bereave but with does it shut down the sensor or not is unknown, that also stands for turning VPS off, may do some tests with this,
2015-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules