Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Some GOOD news about the DJI Phantom V2
1892 12 2014-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonyphantom147
lvl.4

United Kingdom

2014-12-22
Use props
insitb
lvl.4

Singapore

Another great quad application. Add that to the SAR copters out there.

I've seen a copter in Holland, modified to carry a defibrillator. It's summoned to heart-attack victims by an on-the-scene medical operator on the basis of that location's coordinates. It flies right over all traffic, over all obstacles in its way, as the crow flies, arriving within minutes. This medi-drone will be saving lives too.
2014-12-22
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.4

United Kingdom

insitb@singnet. Posted at 2014-12-22 22:42
Another great quad application. Add that to the SAR copters out there.

I've seen a copter in Hollan ...

WOW, fantastic.
2014-12-22
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

On the face of it I would say, a good job!!.  Digging deeper I can see more legislation and restriction if all the emergency services use it as standard.  I dunno I have no evidence - but if its anything like the internet !!!

You see way back when - when everyone used BBS and the internet was not widely available, there were little restrictions. When business started to use it, and 'ordinary people' - it started to get policed.  Now you get spied on, cant do this - can't say that etc. etc. etc.

So now we have essential services using prosumer equipment - not their own but OURS on our frequencies, find it invaluable - a must have !!!

Next thing you know - were banned !!!!!

A little licence has been used here - lol but you never know !!
2014-12-22
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.4

United Kingdom

umpa Posted at 2014-12-23 03:09
On the face of it I would say, a good job!!.  Digging deeper I can see more legislation and restrict ...

Your probably correct. I have already looked into CAA recommended courses and licence to fly in a public place, Just in case.
2014-12-22
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

tonyphantom147@ Posted at 2014-12-23 03:24
Your probably correct. I have already looked into CAA recommended courses and licence to fly in a  ...

Have you seen the prices for the caa course?! £1600!! Would like to do it just to show am serious about the phantom as a hobby but not at that price. It's a shame they wasn't a foundation course then build up on it like modules etc.
2014-12-22
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

And you might fail if its has an exam.  

I had no idea it was that expensive.  I thought half that amount at most.
2014-12-22
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Between a rock and a hard place, springs to mind.
2014-12-22
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

umpa Posted at 2014-12-23 03:44
And you might fail if its has an exam.  

I had no idea it was that expensive.  I thought half that  ...

Would love to think have been misinformed at that price but don't think i have. I understand a 90 page manual is to be learnt and remembered as well. @tonyphantom can you expand on the caa course anymore please??
2014-12-22
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Like everything these days, it's core is health and safety. If you have  a good Common sense, you will ease through. Some technical stuff has to be learned and a moderate demonstration of control, including head on(nose front). Assessments of risk in the flying zone, etc. Having a flight plan, and back up plan, all what we should all be doing  at the moment. No fancy aeronautical acrobatics is required. In fact quite the opposite.
2014-12-22
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.3

Germany

umpa Posted at 2014-12-23 03:09
On the face of it I would say, a good job!!.  Digging deeper I can see more legislation and restrict ...

Agree 100%
2014-12-22
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.3

United States

thanks for sharing
there are, of course, many scenarios where drone usage is very valuable...
2014-12-22
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

Have heard it for long but it's jut my first time to see a video record.
I know some fire brigades in China got Phantoms for the search-and-rescue operations in areas of flood risk, and the construction of cables.
It really makes me happy, for knowing those great quad applications can be really helpful!
2014-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules