Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Who is confident in their Inspire 1?
12Next >
7807 61 2015-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JapanDave
lvl.1
Japan

So, how confident are you all in your DJI Inspire. Maybe this poll can be used to get DJI to listen to its customers and future customers who happen to read this.
Single SelectVote, Total 279 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-11-5
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.1
Japan

20 views no votes. Pussies.
2015-11-5
Use props
Hterag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

I've flown a lot of R/C aircraft and have been into the more advanced quadcopters/drones since last year. I've been through a few different manufacturers and have to say I have a lot more confidence in the Inspire 1 than any other product I've used. Aside from simple quads with no GPS etc., which can't really go wrong unless you tell them to, I haven't had a more reliable drone.

That said, I'm not 100% with it, there have been a few times where it did weird things like drifting (with no wind), suddenly over-reacting to wind or disconnecting for no obvious reason at different distances (within 500m) out in fields with little to no interference... It has always come back but it doesn't, "Inspire" total confidence.
2015-11-5
Use props
dgmultimedia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 216526 ft
United Kingdom

Hterag Posted at 2015-11-5 17:50
I've flown a lot of R/C aircraft and have been into the more advanced quadcopters/drones since last  ...

Try logging all your Flight Logs on "www.healthydrones.com"
There is data available that will show Signal problems overlayed on a map of your flights, GPS and Compass issues are also shown...
Problem Battery cells ( yes - Individual Cells, logged with the Battery serial numbers and detailed discharge anomalies
The Site is Great - its a tool that DJI should have released to all owners...
2015-11-5
Use props
daver/m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

JapanDave Posted at 2015-11-5 05:09

Ok then, I've flown rc aircraft on an off 40 years +. I owned a few GoPro cameras etc, when the first phantoms came out a few years ago I bought one, in less than a month a new main board was available
for purchase which you installed yourself , I did so then wired the internal hub plugins making up my own fpv harness, the h3 2d gimbal was still preorder then which I purchased for $700.00.
Everything worked excellently not ever a problem.a few months later the version two phantom with the smart battery came out which I purchased , then transferred all of my fpv gear gimbal and GoPro to it...
Excellent again ! Not one complaint never a fly away , crash , or performance problem one ..
The inspire arrived preorder in January 2015 as well I've not one bad or even near fail whatsoever !
It has performed again excellently . The phantoms I don't fly much anymore but I do pull them out now and then for a demo or when my 10 and 13 year old grandkids are over .. Both have flown with my supervision several times taking off, landing, and even an rc disconnect fail safe test ... Neither one had ever flown any other rc planes or copters.  I realize not everyone will have as good luck as I have with all three units but this is my experience with DJI products to date.  My vote # 2. = 90%
2015-11-5
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

JapanDave Posted at 2015-11-5 14:09

Vote does not work. But I give it 90% I hate the limits and speed cuts and firmware problems but I dont  think it will fall down.
2015-11-5
Use props
Sir Shepherd
Second Officer

United States

To be honest I LOVE the inspire 1.

I think it's a great product and tool. I do feel there is some room for improvement. But no one has twisted our arm to make a purchase. I think this.... If someone is that unhappy with the inspire 1, then place an ad up and sale it. It's that simple.

There is so much negativity on this forum that it scares off the newbies. I almost didn't purchase after reading horror stories but knock on wood I have not had a single issue with flying. It could go wrong but thus far all is good.

It's not a toy it's a tool. You want a toy? Purchase a UAV for about $500-$800 and have fun. There are risk with everything. Could DJI pump up the customer service and kick it in gear? Sure! But it aint that bad.
I've updated everything to current versions. It crashes it won't be an error on my part it will be the inspire 1. I am confident when I fly but not over confident. I respect the inspire 1 and I don't take it for granted. I do a pre-flght check list each and everytime I take her out.

2015-11-5
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.1
Japan

Machoman Posted at 2015-11-6 06:25
Vote does not work. But I give it 90% I hate the limits and speed cuts and firmware problems but I ...

Why not? Maybe it is a post count sort of thing???
2015-11-5
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

JapanDave Posted at 2015-11-5 23:01
Why not? Maybe it is a post count sort of thing???

2015-11-5
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.1
Japan

Machoman Posted at 2015-11-6 07:40

Sorry, I did not set any restrictions and I have no idea why you would get that message.
2015-11-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

In 20+ years of flying RC the Inspire is the best & most amazing aircraft I have ever had the privilege to fly!!! By far!!!

Dave
2015-11-5
Use props
Capt_M
lvl.1

United States

Great aircraft, love some engineering ideas behind it and execution. Although there are few things that need improvement.
2015-11-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great aircraft and really has excellent flying characteristics, then couple that with awesome video electronics this is a winner.

DJI has done a great job and as with anything they will continue to improve the product.

I like it!

Rich
2015-11-5
Use props
Hterag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

dgmultimedia@me Posted at 2015-11-6 02:13
Try logging all your Flight Logs on "www.healthydrones.com"
There is data available that will show ...

Thanks for that, I'll check it out. Just to be clear, the issues were certainly not game-enders but it keeps that (probably healthy) fear tickling away in the back of my mind.
2015-11-5
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

The Inspire hardware appears to be pretty much bombproof - it's a craft I enjoy flying very much.

Luckily I have not had to deal with the service and repair aspects which others have written many pages about on the forum.

Where DJI falls flat again and again is in the execution of it's firmware/flight software development.
Over the past 9 months, the flight capability and performance of the inspire has been reduced, useless 'features' added to the flight app, second operator video feed is broken and with the last couple of updates a serious flaw in vertical stability. This takes what was an excellent platform and significantly devalues its appeal and safety.

At each stage DJI is completely silent on these issues and we get little in the way of support nor communication that fixes will happen.

Don't get me started on the DJI implementation of autonomous Nav and waypoints....
2015-11-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Inspire is a great aircraft! I completely  trust my bird , but never forget to fly safe!
2015-11-5
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

Ive been flying mine for nearly a year, I have never updated firmware so I don't experience many issues that most people do. By all accounts recent firmware updates do nothing but cause problems. And
2015-11-5
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

Ive been flying mine for nearly a year, I have never updated firmware so I don't experience many issues that most people do. By all accounts recent firmware updates do nothing but cause problems. And
2015-11-5
Use props
intheairimages
lvl.1
Flight distance : 801099 ft
United Kingdom

I too think the Inspire is a great tool.

I normally stay well clear of forums as they generally seem to generate so much negativity, as a result I have only posted here a couple of times. And I also probably wouldn't have purchased my Inspire if I had only taken on opinions and views from forums. But I was fortunate enough to have had one demonstrated to me in what was pretty much a 15mph wind. It took off, put its shoulder into the wind and just sat there. The footage from the camera was rock steady, I was sold!

Mine has performed perfectly and all software updates have been carried out with no issues. When running two controllers I have had a couple of occasions where the picture has been lost on the second controller for a couple of seconds, but that's the only issue I've experienced. Yes, it would be nice to have a higher bit rate camera, but it is what it is, and I think for the money it performs fantastically. By the way, I'm not trying to stir up the bit rate complaints on this thread, I think that's been more than done on other threads!

I know maybe it's a lot of money for what is still only a quad (especially the Pro) and the redundancy of a hex would be nice, but we just have to fly safe, sensibly and resposibly.

I'm in a posistion where I get to see people flying multi rotors with a goal of making money from them. I have to say that the lack of knowledge and skill some people are bringing to this can be quite shocking. It's therfore not a surprise that some people take to forums to vent their frustration when they can't get something to work how they want it to. I'm not saying that's what happens on this forum - I know there are people on here that have a great deal of experience (way more than me) and regularly show just how fantastic the Inspire is, these are the people I listen to - Jim Hare.

So what I am trying to say is that, in my opinion, the Inspire as a package is great. Don't be put off by the opinions of people you have never met and if you are thinking of getting one, get out there and meet people that have already been using them, there's plenty of us now!

2015-11-6
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.1
Japan

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-6 12:20
In 20+ years of flying RC the Inspire is the best & most amazing aircraft I have ever had the privil ...

I have no complaints about the concept, it is the implementation that puts me off. I choose this machine b/c of all the great features, speed, connectivity, camera + gimble and options. But, buying this thing in the middle of the OS9 update has been a nightmare. Also documentation is not that good.

I agree when this thing flys the way it is supposed to, I could not fault it, it is just that it does not always fly the way it is supposed to do.
2015-11-6
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

The Inspire has never given me any reasons not to trust it.  I'm guessing one day I might have an incident of some kind, but so far it's been 100% perfect. I voted 90% because I'm always ready for anything so I try to keep frosty.
2015-11-6
Use props
SimplePanda
First Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

JapanDave Posted at 2015-11-6 06:22
I have no complaints about the concept, it is the implementation that puts me off. I choose this ma ...

I was an OS9 beta tester and never had an issue with DJI Go. Maybe your issues were hardware specific?

At any rate, I've never had a flight issue with the Inspire 1 (and I've had several multirotors). I'm always a little concerned about the QR prop locks and am looking to upgrade to the new Pro motors and props but I just inspect them carefully before each flight (as you always should anyways) and things have been fine.
2015-11-6
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-5 22:20
In 20+ years of flying RC the Inspire is the best & most amazing aircraft I have ever had the privil ...

I totallly agree with you Dave. It is a work horse.
2015-11-6
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.4

United Kingdom

intheairimages Posted at 2015-11-6 09:20
I too think the Inspire is a great tool.

I normally stay well clear of forums as they generally se ...

Well said, totally agree with all your comments!
2015-11-6
Use props
homedad
lvl.3
United States

If anyone was to look back at my original posts you would see that I was really on the fence about buying this Quad. Much like life, you will find what you are searching for. I was searching for problems and boy did I find them. This forum contains an abundant amount of complaints like any other forum. It scared the crap out of me. I eventually bought one but only from a company that offered me crash insurance for 2 years. It has transformed my opinion of Chinese products. The Inspire has exceeded all of my expectations. Every time I fly I follow a check-list and only fly in open un-populated areas. It is incredibly stable and I trust it. I think that spending the previous 9 months flying a Syma x5c is the reason I have so much confidence in my Inspire. It's like a flying robot. It just does what i want it to do and has never let me down.
2015-11-7
Use props
retret66
lvl.3

United States

I had never crashed mine...the issue is faulty components which I returned for a refund and not deal with constant repairs while you pay for shipping yoursself..
2015-11-8
Use props
Kenrwi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47674 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am at 90% though I have had no problems with mine this is a machine and it is electronic and nothing with this kind of control can ever be 100% IMO. All updates have went perfectly I always recalibrate IMU after update and my compas at new locations I check sensor numbers before each flight. I always follow a check list before I put it in the air and I fly safe as can be expected for each location. I think that this is pretty much all that is expected of us as pilots. I feel that the phantom series is at the same level of trust with me. I have never had a situation that I left saying "well that shouldn't have happened" with either of my machines.  
2015-11-9
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.1
Japan

jimhare Posted at 2015-11-6 20:46
The Inspire has never given me any reasons not to trust it.  I'm guessing one day I might have an in ...

What firmware are you on?
2015-11-12
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

JapanDave Posted at 2015-11-12 20:44
What firmware are you on?

I'd have to check.  I haven't updated for a couple of months so I'm a bit behind.
2015-11-12
Use props
nilsblix
First Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have owned a Phantom and now a Inspire 1
The Phantom did not course me any trouble at all and I fly it for about 300 flights

Inspire 1 has been very very good and liable for 427 flights now - not one incident except from pilot errors

Have made all the FW and SW updates  - all good
2015-11-13
Use props
dave.encoremult
lvl.1

United States

Here's my 2-cents worth.  So far, we have enjoyed our Inspire 1 very much.  The X3 camera shoots nice video and the craft, in the air, is rock solid thanks to the gimbal.  I voted 90% mostly because of all the bad stories I've read of guys having trouble.  I have had none.  However, I would never say something is perfect and we live in a world filled with "signals" and other oddities so, you never know what can happen.  Like Jim Hare points out, keep your cool.  Don't get too confident, do all your pre-flight checks, be smart and be careful but most of all, enjoy the flying experience with your I1.
2015-11-13
Use props
rjs21989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2858701 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was 100% until I put on the X5. Now Im at 30%. Fresh batteries 100% charged T48, I get 3 minutes of flight and the I get the low Voltage Error Landing. I do not feel safe flying with the X5 on board. I have never had a batteries problem since the day my Inspire arrived in March. I feel like I just wasted $2500.00.
2015-11-13
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

rjs21989 Posted at 2015-11-13 14:37
I was 100% until I put on the X5. Now Im at 30%. Fresh batteries 100% charged T48, I get 3 minutes o ...

Do a deep discharge of your pack, down to 8% then recharge and try again.
2015-11-13
Use props
arunmehta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

i voted 90% .. i love my inspire...it is by far the best Rc plane i have flown..Good job DJI!!
2015-11-20
Use props
RBirtles
lvl.3

Australia

I cannot place a % yet as I only have 1 hour of flying time with my Inspire and that has been in beginning mode in a big open field.  I am taking it carefully as this is my first ever remote controlled flying vehicle and I am just concentrating on practicing smooth maneuvers, landings, takeoffs and getting the feel for it.  Been very happy with it so far.  I have not even looked at the filming and photography side of things yet - which it the reason I purchased the Inspire.

Cheers from Canberra.
2015-11-23
Use props
ericrudd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133944 ft
United States

I've had nothing but positive experiences with my Inspire 1. Any problems I've had are pilot error. My only observed negative is the stock camera is a little noisy at higher ISOs.

2015-11-24
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.1
Japan

Well guys, I am out. Just sold the Inspire on Ebay and good luck to the guy who bought it. I am going to take my business elsewhere. Thanks everyone.
2015-12-3
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.1
Japan

Honestly, I just was not confident in it. I would have hated for it to fall from the sky and seriously hurt someone.
2015-12-3
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

JapanDave Posted at 2015-12-3 16:53
Honestly, I just was not confident in it. I would have hated for it to fall from the sky and serious ...

Good luck to you JapanDave.....  just remember the grass is not always greener on the other side (this is the shorter version of what Paul said).

Nothing is 100% all the time! You need to be mindful at all times when you are a pilot in command of a UAV. Just keep in mind that things will keep improving at a very fast pace to make this a better hobby / sport or professional tool.

Rich
2015-12-4
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-3 18:22
That's sad.

My little parody of your list had a serious side to it.

"(if DJI finally get to grips with the idea that they're not making webcams for social media but aircraft)"

Wow that was a dig! We take this seriously Paul! We know full well we are making aircraft!

Dave
2015-12-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules