Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Drift Left & Right Firmware v1 0 1 19+
4780 16 2015-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ei4jr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1890640 ft
Ireland

Has your OSMO got gimbal Drift.I have noticed if you leave your Osmo On and check your screen and see if it is slowly drifting backwards and forwards.
here is a speeded up video of the problem I have.

It may be just mine or a possible BUG in the firmware.

Thanks for reading
2015-11-6
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

Have you tried re-calibrating your gimbal? Trying to do the same test as you right now
2015-11-6
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

ei4jr, I have it too even after gimbal calibration... it drifts a little to the right in the 1st minute or so of my footage then it stops for a couple of minutes before slight left/right movement

I'm using medium gimbal settings... maybe  some other settings would help but I won't be surprised to see some drift on a pure gyro/non-encoder system like the Osmo
2015-11-6
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

Did more testing... the drifting doesn't seem so pronounced when using slow setting. Probably a good idea to lock the gimbal when taking time lapse...

Actually in hindsight, this problem reminds me of the oscillation problem we see when we mount camera with OSS/OS/VR  lens on a tripod
2015-11-6
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.3

Canada

Calibration is key my friend! after every update its a must
2015-11-7
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.3

Philippines

After calibrated it is still drifting!
2015-11-8
Use props
job.genders
lvl.3

Netherlands

I even see with the naked eye the roll axis is slightly off, so something goes wrong with calibration and i see this drifting as well. Hopefully they can get this bug out. I am asking myself, why does the osmo have these problems and inspire users dont?? Or maybe this isnt this obvious when the camera is located 100meters above ground....
2015-11-8
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, if the floating is large, you can try to do the gimbal auto calibration in the gimbal setting. If the float is very slow and small, then it's normal because the precise of the sensor, we will try to improve it in the future. Thanks!
2015-11-17
Use props
phillipbeebe
New

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-18 02:29
Hi, if the floating is large, you can try to do the gimbal auto calibration in the gimbal setting.  ...

No offense but the gimbal is worthless if it cant even stay centered on a single focal point without drifting. I am a professional videographer  and although im realistic and i dont expect a professional steady cam or even a ronin i still expect the Osmo to operate in the way that DJI has advertised it. Nothing towards you personally Amy but saying hopefully you guys will fix the issue in the future is prob not what most Osmo users want to hear considering the implications this issue is causing. Im not going to shoot with gear i cant depend on. I own a number of your products and i am more than happy with them... I really wish i would have known this before buying it.
2015-12-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

phillipbeebe@gm Posted at 2015-12-6 13:17
No offense but the gimbal is worthless if it cant even stay centered on a single focal point witho ...

Hi, I understand you, I will report your need to the R&D. Thanks.
2015-12-6
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

Great to say this has been fixed in the latest v1.4.1.80 firmware!
2015-12-25
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183891 ft
United States

sdchew Posted at 2015-12-26 14:27
Great to say this has been fixed in the latest v1.4.1.80 firmware!

the drifting problem has not gone away for many users unfortunately even after updating to v1.4.1.80
2016-3-7
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15233940 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yeah, mine slowly, but constantly drifts to the right. Have done countless calibrations on perfectly level surfaces and yet it drifts.
2016-12-3
Use props
MaxFilm
lvl.1

United States

My Osmo+ drifts so much that I can't even use it for any time lapse functions.  That is why I purchased the device and I am very unhappy with the product so far.  I am a professional DP and can't accept a piece of equipment that kind of works.  It either works or it doesn't.  The OSMO+ doesn't work.
2016-12-16
Use props
SIP4Stock
lvl.1
South Africa

You are not alone!! My X5R on the OSMO dose exactly the same. Timelaps shots are impossible. very misleading specs! Cannot get any feedback from DJI on the problem.
2017-1-14
Use props
urix
lvl.1
Russia

The problem still exist! :-( (Osmo Mobile)
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

urix Posted at 2017-9-20 03:06
The problem still exist! :-( (Osmo Mobile)

Have you balanced the gimbal before powering on? What mobile device are you using?
Have you tried locking AF/AE by long pressing the APP screen?
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules