Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The E310's active braking settings, How does it get turned on?
1384 3 2015-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

So I bought the E310 propulsion system for my F550 but there is no active braking like there is suppose to be. There are no settings for it nor some type of gain setting to adjust it for different air frames.  I've looked in the propulsion systems assistant software and even naza's assistant software and nothing.  I know it's not turned on cuz I don't hear rapid rpm changes I should hear and when I land my F550 the motors still naturally slow to a stop just like my E300 motors did.  I own a Phantom 3 Professional so I have gotten to experience what active braking is.  I hear sudden rpm changes when using the throttle, I see how much better the craft stops, and when I land the props pretty much stop turning immediately after the motors are powered down.  There is also a gain setting for the active braking in the p3's settings..  You can set it from 0 to 100 with 0 being off.  Do where is the gain settings for the active braking on my E310 propulsion system?
I bought the E310 system mainly for the active braking feature it's suppose to have because I love what it does for my P3.   If it's something that will never work I would have rather got myself the E305 system..  I couldn't decide which I wanted and active braking tipped the balance of the 2 propulsion systems and that's why I went with the E310 system..  So if anyone knows how to turn it on and adjust it, please tell me!
2015-11-6
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
United States

Anyone? Am I in the wrong place?
2015-11-13
Use props
q
New

Austria

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-11-13 18:57
Anyone? Am I in the wrong place?

not sure if this is helpful because I'm a newbe myself. just answering because no one else does.

I think having active braking on the F550 is bad because the props are just screwed on and they may be get unscrewed when reverse tourque is applied.

I don't know however how the p3's props are connected to the motors. perhaps I am wrong and that doesn't matter :->
2015-11-14
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
United States

They are connected the same way as on my f550. And it's not reverse thrust, it's just the esc braking the motor which allows it to control the motors rpm more precisely ...  Except all 6 motors and esc's aren't braking like their suppose too..   The naturally stop spinning..  Go to the dji online store and click on propulsion systems, then go to E305 and down at the bottom of that page is a demo of how it should work but it doesn't...
2015-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules