Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone else having their OSMO shut recording off by itself after 4-6 sec's
10202 15 2015-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rain1dog
lvl.4

United States

of recording?  It seems a few OSMOs that we sold have the issue of just randomly shutting recoring off by itself.  The screen on the iphone will go blank and crack up to.  I have one customer who just tried upgrading to the latest firmware before going to a wedding to shoot and now he is calling me from the wedding that the Osmo is shutting off and will not record.  

How many others... if any... are having this issue?  Is there a fix, if its a known issue?

Thanks.

2015-11-7
Use props
paulhuby
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes mine appears to be faulty, when recording in video it will lag then crash and stop recording, the screen goes all flickery and it wint record. Ive contacted my retailer via email this morning. Waiting for a reply.
2015-11-8
Use props
zubiate.javier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 193570 ft
United States

hmm thats weird I hope you guys get it figured out, I have been using mine everyday since I got it, havent had an issue yet, hopefully never
2015-11-8
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

Ours did that the very first time we tested it. It stopped all other times, yet now the gimbal is dead. We were told by DJI-Tim "you have a defective pitch axis". So now we are waiting patiently for their reply so we can get an RMA...which seems to be taking a long time.
2015-11-8
Use props
mikewbragg2
lvl.1

United States

I had the same exact issues. I would get a recording or two to work and then 5-10 seconds in and the video would glitch and my screen would turn blue. It happened on all frame rates not just 4k. I bought from multicopter warehouse in colorado so they had me send it in for testing. They tested it for a while and said they couldn't reproduce the problem and they were ready to ship it back. That day they tried it one more time and the error presented itself. They send me a brand new unit that day. Haven't had any problems with the recoding. Had a couple of gimbal glitches with panos but everything seems to be working great. I definitely had a defective unit.
2015-11-8
Use props
gottfried
New

Austria

I just received it and tried it for the first time. After 5 seconds of recording there was this "blue screen". I updated the firmware to the latest version - no change. Display freezes, Osmo shuts down, "blue screen",..

This is rather frustrating. It could be avoided so easily: DJI, just try it once before you ship it!!!

2015-11-21
Use props
luke.thedronefa
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey guys! I run a DJI Dealership called The Drone Factory!  I've actually encountered the problem too.  But for me, I've found a way to fix it.

First of all. Make sure you have your correct PAL / NTSC settings set in the camera menu to suit your area. For example, it was set to NTSC for me, but I switched to PAL.
The issue with me, was that I switched to PAL from NTSC but didn't reselect the correct frame-rate in the resolution settings. (So it was still set to 29.7fps even though switching to PAL replaces this option with 25fps)

Furthermore, the Micro SD card supplied with X5 appears to be Class 10 / UHS 1 . For running in full 4K mode, this isn't actually fast enough for the highest resolution. You need a U3 SD card. HOWEVER, the UHD 4K works fine!

BUT REMEMBER: 4K (4096 x 2160) and UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) are VERY DIFFERENT. 4K IS NOT 16:9 such as 1080p & 720p. Only UHD 4K is. So basically, it's probably gonna be quite rare that you want to use the full 4K feature anyways since you'll have to crop the footage in post unless you want to have black bands at the bottom and at the top when playing on a UHD 4K screen.

If you want to Film in "4K" in the same Aspect Ratio as 1080p, then select 3840 x 2160 (UHD 4K) and not the larger one. It's a misconception because one would assume that 3840x2160 is not 4K because it's not larger than 4000 pixels. That is incorrect.

Anyways, this means you probably won't need to use anything above UHD 4K - Which actually works with the native SD card without have to buy a new one.

Key Points to fix crash / blue screen:
1. Make sure you select the appropriate PAL / NTSC setting and THEN reselect the wanted resolution & frame rate!

2. Don't use 4K - 4096 x 2160 unless you have a SD card with UHS3 (U3) - Instead, use UHD 4K - 3840 x 2160 since that is the correct ratio for most tv's anyways, especially if you will be uploading this on internet and downgrading the quality to 1080p or 720p.

3. Any lower resolutions than UHD 4k should work fine!

4. Yes, just always check for app updates and firmware upgrades. DJI are good at fixing things!
2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

luke.thedronefa Posted at 2015-12-2 01:21
Hey guys! I run a DJI Dealership called The Drone Factory!  I've actually encountered the problem to ...

Thanks for all the information! That's right, for customer , you can choose UHD 4k settings before we fix the bug.
2015-12-1
Use props
Maplins
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-2 04:12
Thanks for all the information! That's right, for customer , you can choose UHD 4k settings before ...

Tried this fix and it stopped the power cut off and blue screen for the other resolutions but for all the resolutions in video recording the screen now goes fuzzy when the camera is moved in any direction and becomes clear when the camera stops.
I did not any problems until i upgraded the firmware earlier today.
Any one else got this secondary problem? and found a temporary fix?
2015-12-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Maplins Posted at 2015-12-5 23:00
Tried this fix and it stopped the power cut off and blue screen for the other resolutions but for  ...

Hi, would you please shoot a demo video of your problem?   About the blue screen, what resolution did you choose? Did this occur at other resolutions?
You mentioned that your video feed went fuzzy when the camera was moved.
1) Please check that if the gimbal lock ring was moved to lock.
2) Please check if the original files in SD card was fuzzy or not.
2015-12-6
Use props
luke.thedronefa
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Maplins Posted at 2015-12-5 15:00
Tried this fix and it stopped the power cut off and blue screen for the other resolutions but for  ...

Just in case you have the wrong settings:
It could be your shutter speed set too low on the OSMO! (or too high on that matter - but that usually causes a flicker). This would cause "fuzzy" motion or motion blur.

Switch to Manual exposure mode, open the aperture to it's brightest (lowest setting) and set the shutter to 50 or 100. If the footage is too dark indoors, ramp up the ISO. The footage should be fine after this.
2015-12-15
Use props
ZMCF
New

United States

No blue screen, mine just shuts off automatically after 5 minutes of use. Battery still shows "power", although light flickers. Product is less than a month old, not impressed. Our device is not used as a "toy" or as a "hobbyist", I would definitely caution any buyer looking to use the device as more than a toy. Will be looking at other options at this point.
2017-1-8
Use props
Manny-pr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZMCF Posted at 2017-1-8 02:21
No blue screen, mine just shuts off automatically after 5 minutes of use. Battery still shows "power", although light flickers. Product is less than a month old, not impressed. Our device is not used as a "toy" or as a "hobbyist", I would definitely caution any buyer looking to use the device as more than a toy. Will be looking at other options at this point.

I have the same issue. See the video. DJI repair center can not detect the issue.
2017-1-9
Use props
djiuser_6AieNHG9VDjr
New

Yup. And I'm pretty mad. That or it just cuts off at the end of clips.
2019-9-14
Use props
djiuser_6AieNHG9VDjr
New

luke.thedronefa Posted at 2015-12-1 09:21
Hey guys! I run a DJI Dealership called The Drone Factory!  I've actually encountered the problem too.  But for me, I've found a way to fix it.

First of all. Make sure you have your correct PAL / NTSC settings set in the camera menu to suit your area. For example, it was set to NTSC for me, but I switched to PAL.

Okay, lowering it form 4k yo UHD is not a solution for the price of the camera. But I will try it. I guess it doesn't really shoot 4K then. Grrr.
2019-9-14
Use props
earthstream
lvl.1

Ireland

Just bought my Action 4 in December and only used it properly recently. It records for around 2 minutes and then shuts down.

Tried 4k, and after thinking this was the problem, I tried just running 1080p (16:9 @24fps) and its the same.... 2-3 minutes max. Definitely not using in any warm environment.

Checked the return policy and its 15 days , which I'm obviously  over. Really annoyed as I watched numerous reviews and went with this over the GoPro as it was repeatedly reviewed as not having issues with overheating/shutting down prematurely.

Any advice would be appreciated.
1-25 00:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules