Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should there be a progress bar while the Phantom 3 Pro Updates It's Firmware?
1612 12 2015-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matt.nnhood
lvl.1

United States

Haven't flown yet, updated my controller and then put the latest firmware update file on a memory card and put it in the aircraft.

I didn't know what it was doing when I turned it on, it was just four beeps in a row.
It also said safe to fly but everything needed an update.
After about 10 minutes now the only thing saying it needs and update is the camera.

Now there are just 3 beeps... beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep beep beep, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep beep beep.

Is this normal?  Should there be a status bar on the updating?

Also can you plug the aircraft into a computer directly and update the firmware that way?
Like instead of using the camera card to do it?

Thanks for any help!

Matt

Phantom PRO.jpg
2015-11-8
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I would maybe try formatting the sd card and trying to update again.
2015-11-8
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a fresh SD Card and a fresh Flash Drive. Fresh meaning never used. Any files on the card never really go away. I do the above and I have never had a problem. All I can say  is that it works for me. Are you new to the Hobby?
2015-11-8
Use props
nnhood
lvl.1

United States

Thanks, I rebooted the Phantom once and now everything is fine, no updates to do.
Should there be a progress bar though?

Yes this was a brand new Sony MicroSD, freshly formatted.

Yeah just got my drone yesterday, first flight today, ironically had a huge structure fire nearby at a battery plant.
www.nnhood.com/inmetco.mp4

Can't wait to visit our state park...

I only went straight up and back down, moved left and right a little.
Do you need line of sight to maintain remote control, or can you just use your tablet to watch where it's going?
I'm using an iPad Air 2, probably best practice to maintain view of it.  Very cool device.

Thanks,
Matt

2015-11-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Depends on whether you want to be legal or not.  It will fly by FPV, but FAA says you must maintain visual sight of it at all times.
2015-11-8
Use props
nnhood
lvl.1

United States

Gotcha... I'm using an iPad 2 Air Wifi Only... should I use my iPhone 6 when flying it away from home?
My first flight was within my home Wifi range.

Or does the remote control communicate with GPS itself and then relay the info the iPad?

Thanks!
Matt
2015-11-8
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-8
Use props
tassanilla
lvl.1

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-11-8 19:13
You really should read the instruction manual.

Might want to toss in that PDF file that comes with the updates  "How_to_Update_Firmware"
2015-11-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The OP questions asked are very basic, and can be answered from reading the online flight manual/s.
Any MISUNDERSTANDING, can be verified or clarified by specific questions in the forum.
Please get a knowledge base of your new aircraft before you take off to fly.
Or you may experience rougher than expected landings. In places that you never meant to go.

The Phantom 3 is an incredibly easy quad copter to fly, and so I suggest you be buying a small inexpensive drone to really practice with.
Or a sim program like www.realflight.com may be helpful as well. If you read plenty and watch many of the instructional YouTube vids you will be much better prepared.

Have fun, fly safe, and happy landing.

RedHotPoker
2015-11-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-11-9 10:05
The OP questions asked are very basic, and can be answered from reading the online flight manual/s.  ...

Absolutely agree with Poker, The more you educate your self (reading manuals, forums, watching videos)
the less issues you have with your aircraft
2015-11-8
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-9 10:24
Absolutely agree with Poker, The more you educate your self (reading manuals, forums, watching vid ...

Within this forum, members have posted excellent guides that can be found by searching the forum. Here are examples you may want to take a look at also:

Pre-Upgrade Info by Sploodge:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 3&fromuid=44480

Upgrade Guide by Sploodge
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 7&fromuid=44480

Upgrade Support Thread to view member issues and possible resolutions:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 1&fromuid=44480

Best of luck with your new P3 and safe piloting!
2015-11-8
Use props
rwilliamsjr1971
New

United States

I have tried this but I still get those three updates stating they are required
2015-11-15
Use props
nnhood
lvl.1

United States

rwilliamsjr1971 Posted at 2015-11-15 06:45
I have tried this but I still get those three updates stating they are required

It says it can take up to 30 minutes I believe to complete... I let mine sit there for about that long before turning it off and back on again.  The beeps have meaning as do the lights, but mine never changed.  Luckily it did update though it just took a reboot to realize it...  just a quirk I guess.
2015-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules