Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Not the best experience
1088 20 2015-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andresdelc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1060171 ft
Uruguay

Good evening

I had bought a phantom 3, and I've found impossible, to use it. Maybe I'm a kind of fool, or I'm misunderstanding something, but, the aircraft seems unnable to fly without chrasing all the time. I do read the kickstart, the user manual, Ind I have followed instructions step by step. Calibration, safe to fly indication, batteries, etc. And I never get a good experience, even with a 20 seconds fly. Of course I'm a noob, but it looks easy when you said "use P mode, autostart, and return home mode" It does not work. Also the aircraft does not mantain the position, it goes with the wind, even in interiors it moves crashing with walls. Return home never returns, even with gps, and vp.

I do know that this message can be erased very quickly, because it has bad opinions about the product. I do know, that a lot of people enjoy the product, and I have seen the amazing videos an pictures taken, but it does not apply to my own experience.  I Also shot a video with the phantom 3. It has the worst compression quality I had seen.

How can you sell it without blades protections? I know it has several security warnings, but a high percentage of injuries and crashes can be prevent by a 19 usd proteccion. It is a must that provide it with original package. Yes, I do know because my own arm is hurt by the aircraft now. It could be easily ovoided with protections. How if the plane hits a child? Have you ever considered it?

Does my aircraft has fabrication fails? Am I the worst pilot, even using auto start and auto land?

Sorry for bring my bad experience, if you have some tip, that can help, It would be apreciated, because now I have to sell it, in order to mantain my own health, and surrounding people. Not to mention my money, here it's worth 1700 usd.

Thank you
Andres

2015-11-8
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241706 ft
United Kingdom

Do you get satellite lock and home point set?
There is the basic calibration of compass and IMU you should be doing.
If it has had multiple crashes already something could easily be damaged.
The behaviour you describe is not 'normal' in a correctly set up, undamaged Phantom.
2015-11-8
Use props
CFM01
lvl.3

United Kingdom

No, certainly not normal.
Sounds like you are flying it indoors?
It's not a drone really to be flown indoors because p mode, most of the time will not work as you will not get gps, you would certainly need prop guards.
If you are flying it outdoors this not normal - I've only used auto takeoff one and auto land one.
If you are too close the the P3 the RTH will not work and it will auto land at a safe distance from the controller.
Have you taken the plastic cover off the camera?
2015-11-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Considering all your issues with the aircraft, I would sell it try and try something less harmful, like knitting.
2015-11-8
Use props
andresdelc
lvl.2
Uruguay

Thank you for the aswers.

Geebax, I really apreciate your sense of humor. Actually I do knitting as well. I can make you a mini skirt. You will love it.

4wd, thanks, and Yes, I did imu calibration, over a table, and compass calibration. Satellite lock? you mean satellite position; the green text box says "safe to fly (gps and vp)". I'm not sure about the damage, it crashe s always hiting blades, only twice it falls to the floor, altitude was 1.5m aprox. I think it can't damage the aircraft. But I don't know.

Cfm, thanks. I was fyling in outdoors and indoors. It's a big room 6m height and 7x7mts. The aircraft is made to use it in outdoors and indoors. Maybe first fly I need a big empty indoor room, like a basketball court. I will fly it taking distance. Yes, plastic cover was removed in camera.

2015-11-9
Use props
tdrussell1
lvl.2

United States

Here is what i would recommend at this point.
  • Change all your props if you haven't already as they are likely damaged.
  • Perform a new IMU calibration on a perfectly flat, stable surface with no vibration
  • Go to the middle of a field somewhere with no trees, people, metal objects for at least 100m in every direction.
  • Turn the turn everything on.  Perform a compass calibration.
  • let the phantom warm up until it says "Safe to Fly".
  • Start recording video BEFORE you take off so you have a recording of what happens.
  • Fly around very slowly with gentle inputs for 60 seconds or so.
  • Land, stop the video recording.
  • Upload the video recording to youtube and post it here, and upload the flight log to HealthyDrones and post a link here.
  • Remember to take the video recording directly off the SD card, not the low-resolution preview that's stored on your phone or tablet.

You might also try disabling VPS.  If the phantom drifts even with a solid GPS lock (8+ satellites), i almost wonder if there's an issue with the VPS system that is causing drift.  

The phantom is so, so incredibly easy to fly i have to assume there is a technical issue somewhere.
2015-11-9
Use props
andresdelc
lvl.2
Uruguay

Thank you, tdrussell.

At the las point, you are right. I was an idiot, I was using the preview stored in my phone. You helped me.

*I did it
*I will do it again
*I will do it, but we don't have a lot of empty fields in the city
*ok
*ok
*Video is ok now
*ok
*ok
*ok

I will disable Vps. I will post results, as soon as I can find an empty field. Thanks for the help, partner.
2015-11-9
Use props
DJI.Terry
DJI team

Hong Kong

Andres, I feel sorry for your experience. I suggestion is that you could try simulation in the App and practice more. Don't mount props when use the simulator. After you are confident, try test fly in open space and keep the drone insight within 30m. There are prop guard available as option in DJI store. It's the pilot's responsibility to fly safe. If you still have trouble in flying, you can take a video on how you fly so we can help decide it's pilot error or product damaged.
2015-11-9
Use props
andresdelc
lvl.2
Uruguay

Ok, thank you Terry. How can I use simulation? I can't find it in the App. The props, once installed, are hard to remove. There is no way to grab the engines to avoid rotation, when you are trying to unscrew blades.

I don't have in the city an empty field to practice. But I will find it.

The prop guard? I am a thousands of miles of your store. Maybe some day can include it. Maybe you can provide the resellers with prop guards.

I know It's my responsibility to fly safe, buy we dont have cars withouth security belts, airbags. Security must be included.

I will post results, thanks.
2015-11-10
Use props
andresdelc
lvl.2
Uruguay

Good night

The solution was finding a big empty outdoor space. Now it works like a charm. The aircraft maintains the position, it is easy to fly, and no injuries. Thanks for the help.
I bought protections.
But I will never use it in indoors, I believe.

2015-11-18
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

I am dizzy now.
2015-11-18
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.4

United States

my advice for every time that you have issues is to check you tube for a tutorial video. Even if the manual was good (which it isn't). Having something visual can often help.
2015-11-18
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Captain
United States

You've always been dizzy.
2015-11-18
Use props
andresdelc
lvl.2
Uruguay

lol. Sorry, it was just a test.
2015-11-19
Use props
andresdelc
lvl.2
Uruguay

toddf.perkins@g Posted at 2015-11-19 00:38
my advice for every time that you have issues is to check you tube for a tutorial video. Even if the ...

I'ts a great idea. But, this time, I was helped by a friend who has a P2. Thank you Jose.
2015-11-19
Use props
bhowe56
lvl.1

United States

I'm glad you got it sorted out!  I've never flown mine indoors but have really enjoyed using it outdoors and never had an issue, was easy to fly from day one!  Enjoy it now!
2015-11-19
Use props
andresdelc
lvl.2
Uruguay

you can fly it in indoors. but, you need to pay attentio and correct it all the time. because gps never works in indoors
2015-11-21
Use props
Dipolo
lvl.1
United States

Que tal Andrés, yo también soy de Montevideo y tengo un Phantom 3 Standard.  Si vos estás intentando volar en interiores presumo que tenés un Advanced o un Professional.
Si no lo hiciste ya te invito acercarte a la A.U.D. (Asociación Uruguaya de Drones) en su página web www.aud.org.uy o su facebook. Tratamos de ayudarnos entre nosotros y se promueven algunas actividades entre las cuales reuniones para tratar los mas diferentes temas.
saludos
2015-12-2
Use props
Paniza
First Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

tdrussell1 Posted at 2015-11-9 10:10
Here is what i would recommend at this point.
  • Change all your props if you haven't already as th ...

• I totally agree with you!

And on:

•Perform a new IMU calibration on a perfectly flat, stable surface with no vibration

Please add, do it indoors, preferably a not so hot room.

Andres, sorry to hear for your troubles.
    Once you pass the initial setup, you will love it! Btw, do try the simulator in the GO app. It will give you a very good idea of how it should work.
    One thing to keep in mind... once in the air, if you let go of all controls, it should hover... steady... in the same place. If doesn't working is wrong.

Good luck.
    2015-12-2
    Use props
    Paniza
    First Officer
    Flight distance : 1411801 ft
    Canada

andresdelc Posted at 2015-11-18 21:08
    Good night

The solution was finding a big empty outdoor space. Now it works like a charm. The aircr ...

ah... glad you got it working.

Cheers.
    2015-12-2
    Use props
    andresdelc
    lvl.2
    Uruguay

Dipolo Posted at 2015-12-2 12:04
    Que tal Andrés, yo también soy de Montevideo y tengo un Phantom 3 Standard.  Si vos estás intenta ...

Gracias Dipolo, me voy a unir seguro, muy interesante la asociación.
    2015-12-2
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules