Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Questions
702 6 2015-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Hey guys - Hope everyone is well.
I haven't flown in a little while and obviously haven't updated in over a couple months.

I've read some users have essentially an expensive leaf blower due to the latest Firmware Updates if they live anywhere near an Airport. Living in San Diego, not only do we have SAN INTL Airport but we have multiple military air fields which barely would allow any flying in the city at all if these firmware updates are now strictly not allowing flight in NFZ (5 miles outside an airport)

Any help would be great.

Thanks again everyone!

-Scott
2015-11-8
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

Bump, Anyone?
2015-11-9
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

Scot to be honest I have had to trouble flying with the newest update firmware. However, I live far enough from airports that I haven't had an issue. I wish I could be of better help. But as far as the updates no known issues thus far but not tested near an airport.
2015-11-9
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2015-11-9 18:19
Scot to be honest I have had to trouble flying with the newest update firmware. However, I live far  ...

Thanks. I'm hesitant to upgrade as I live within 5 miles from the airport and have been filming an ongoing construction project for my real estate marketing.
2015-11-9
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

@ scooter - Id' hold off just a bit until the gig is over then do the upgrade. I have had no issues but I am also not airborne near a airport so I'm not certain what the limitations are. Wish you the best!
2015-11-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not had any trouble with the firmware updates, but I cannot comment on the no fly zones since the last App update.

If the weather is better this week, I will let you know if the ATC area has changed from one mile to five miles. If this has changed then I will not be able to fly at my home flying area.

Rich
2015-11-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Scooter,

Hope you keeping well mate.

I am much like Rich,  have done all updates and never had any issues.  
I do think it wise though to hold off for a few days after the release of any update, but can't say I have experienced any updating issues - all went well  up to now.

2015-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules