DJI OSMO Problem
4267 13 2015-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

After using the Osmo very successfully last week - as well as getting a lot of positive feedback from colleagues at BBC Wales - I switched on the unit this morning and saw two green steady lights from the base unit.
I could connect with an iPhone via wifi as normal, and even control the unit from the screen as usual, but there was no picture showing on the screen. Neither could I change any of the camera settings. Last week the camera was set to PAL, today it was NTSC - with no way of changing!
Any help would be gratefully received. I have emailed DJI Support EU, so fingers crossed that it isn't serious and that it is just a resert...
2015-11-9
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

I would try the following:

1. Do the WFI reset procedure on OSMO  (Hold down the Trigger and Shutter Button at the same time then turn on the Power Switch until the system status lights come on. Release the Power Switch before the Trigger Button).
2. Closed all the apps on your phone and reboot your phone.
3. Connect OSMO WIFI.
4. Open GO APP and see if you can see video.
2015-11-9
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BayArea99 Posted at 2015-11-9 22:32
I would try the following:

1. Do the WFI reset procedure on OSMO  (Hold down the Trigger and Shutte ...

Thanks, but I tried that.
I think it's something more major than that.
The camera status LED on the left is a solid colour. I think it's yellow, anyway, it's not as green as the LED on the right.
According to the manual, this is a Micro SD card error. I've tried changing the cards, but the LED is on constantly.
2015-11-9
Use props
dji-bengz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8225 ft
Hong Kong

Hi robind_r,

Could you take a picture of the Osmo, the camera screen on the DJI Go after connecting the Osmo, and also the screen cap of the about page under setting/general, then send PM to me.  Thank you.
2015-11-11
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

dji-bengz Posted at 2015-11-12 05:01
Hi robind_r,

Could you take a picture of the Osmo, the camera screen on the DJI Go after connectin ...

Thanks for the help, but I've just returned the camera to the UK suppliers to be looked at or even replaced.
2015-11-13
Use props
dji-bengz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8225 ft
Hong Kong

robind_r Posted at 2015-11-14 07:02
Thanks for the help, but I've just returned the camera to the UK suppliers to be looked at or even ...

OK.  Thanks for informing.
2015-11-15
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

dji-bengz Posted at 2015-11-16 06:51
OK.  Thanks for informing.

Very pleased to hear from UK supplier (ProAv) today, that DJI are replacing my faulty OSMO, and a new one will be with me next Tuesday.
Many thanks to all concerned!
2015-12-4
Use props
agusdellano
New

Argentina

Hello! I am having a problem with my osmo and really need your help!! The mini sd card wont lock ir stay in! Has this ever happend to you? What can i do?
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

agusdellano@gma Posted at 2016-6-1 00:47
Hello! I am having a problem with my osmo and really need your help!! The mini sd card wont lock ir  ...

Hello.
It sounds like that the SD card slot is broken, in that case, you'll have to send it in for repair.

Thanks.
2016-5-31
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-1 11:15
Hello.
It sounds like that the SD card slot is broken, in that case, you'll have to send it in for ...

Adela the design of the sd card slot on the osmo is set at an awkward angle and if not inserted with a degree of care could easily damage the slots mechanism.Maybe a future re-positioning would be worth a mention to the tech guys.Its this IMO thats the cause of many of the sd card problems being reported,cant recall this ever being reported on any other dji product.Not complaining just an observation.
2016-6-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2016-6-4 21:19
Adela the design of the sd card slot on the osmo is set at an awkward angle and if not inserted wi ...

Well noted.
Thanks for your kind reminder.
2016-6-5
Use props
sshtrikul
New

Ukraine

hi. a problem with osmo.
when osmo starts the green button lights up, but all the time Osmo beeps and does not fulfill the initial position, trying, jerks, then just puts the camera down ... when double  trigger is pressed to re-center osmo swith off, then revived after a few seconds.
the joystick does not respond to commands.
video here

2016-8-29
Use props
H DRONES
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

sshtrikul Posted at 2016-8-29 12:52
hi. a problem with osmo.
when osmo starts the green button lights up, but all the time Osmo beeps an ...

Check the connection pins under the gimbal ? Maybe some got misalligned ?
2016-8-29
Use props
sshtrikul
New

Ukraine

H DRONES Posted at 2016-8-29 17:11
Check the connection pins under the gimbal ? Maybe some got misalligned ?

no, everything is ok ((
2016-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules