Battery problem..?
1133 8 2015-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Hi, i just noticed today one of my batteries went down to 88% life.
Its been sitting last week since i did not fly it.
It has about 35 flights and i have it since July. Should i sent it to service for replacement?
Should i trust and fly with it?

Roi

IMG_0069.jpg
2015-11-10
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Yes but only one time it self discharged. I usually dont let it more than 1-2 days.
Anyway i think 7 days is not much for a lipo.

I think tomorow i will do a flight and discharge it below 8% , maybe it will calibrate and save it...
2015-11-10
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.2

United States

Battery Life refers to "charges remaining". From what I have read here, the batteries are good for roughly 300 charges. Your screen grab shows 34 times charged, based on that and 88% battery life remaining,  math dictates you can expect to get 249 more charges. Charge, discharge and store properly and that could very well be achieved.
2015-11-10
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,Roi
Don't worry about this . The battery life declines with filghts . Just remember to keep your baterry properly .
2015-11-11
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Thanks, i always treat lipo well, because i come from 10 years of rc helis
Maybe i will change the 7 days for 2 or 3.

I will keep an eye on that lipo, and will not fly the difficult and far away flights with this one

Roi
2015-11-11
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Hi Roi,

I've had something similar happen to me, but at the same time, I got relatively high differences in the voltage between the first, and the other three cells (~0.05 to 0.07v difference). My battery life went down to 91% at a given point. Now, after seeking advice here, what I did to improve the cell differences was perform five charge-discharge cycles going from 100% to 30%. That helped a lot, and now healthydrones says that I have  minor differences with one or two major ones, which I have been told is ok. As for the battery life, it looks like the sensors in the smart battery need to get re-calibrated after a while, hence the recommendation to go to down to 8% every 20 cycles. After doing that and IMMEDIATELY charging, my battery went from 91% battery life to 99%, which I would say is quite acceptable after around 50 cycles.
I hope this helps
2015-11-11
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Hi Rincewind,

my 1st cell also is the one with the difference in voltage. I did today a flight and discharged it till 7%. I charged it and i see some diffrence on the first cell , but i will do some flights and some cycles, i hope it gets better.

Thanks for your advice, i will do the same
2015-11-11
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Phantom_Film Posted at 2015-11-12 09:23
Hi Rincewind,

my 1st cell also is the one with the difference in voltage. I did today a flight and  ...

Glad to hear IT, AMD glad to be helpfull. Keep us posted, tell us how the battery is behaving, pleas!
2015-11-13
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Hi, after 2-3 cycles, the battery life is 99 to 100% again.
I still see the 1st cell 0.03v or something, less than the others but nothing strange.
I guess even on storage, the batteries do not like sitting arround for days, weeks...  

2015-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules