Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Inspire Owner
689 8 2015-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
i002399
lvl.1

Canada

Hey all,

I've just purchased an Inspire and need to buy a replacement controller.  

Some advice if you please;    Does anyone know of third party controllers that perform well, or should i stick to the stock model?   Will i have any issues with "pairing" a new primary controller to the Inspire?

Many thanks for any guidance, and accept apologies if i've posted this in the wrong forum / subject.
Mike.
2015-11-10
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Welcome Mike!   You absolutely need to stick with the DJI Inspire remote.  There are so many functions you won't find on cheap 3rd party remotes, particularly when it comes to connecting a phone/tablet and the HDMI output.
2015-11-10
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome and I agree with Jim. You cannot substitute other companies controllers due to the features that need to be controlled with the Inspire. Mainly the DJI Lightbridge video and gimbal controls, sure Futaba and JR have fantastic products with many more control features, but they just will not work.

Save your money and use the DJI remote

Rich
2015-11-10
Use props
i002399
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks guys, I wasn't sure if there was a better one out there.  Coming from "toy drones" this beast looks like quite a change.  I appreciate the advice.

2015-11-11
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

i002399 Posted at 2015-11-12 01:48
Thanks guys, I wasn't sure if there was a better one out there.  Coming from "toy drones" this beast ...

No problem at all.  Out of curiosity, why do you need a replacement?  Are you sure it isn't warranty related if you have trouble?
2015-11-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Welcome to DJI Forum  buddy ! Enjoy your flight  !
2015-11-12
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stick with Jim's advice and I second his opinion. Using a third party controller is going to cause you a lot of grief and complications!  Most likely you will lose many important functions by using a third party controller.
2015-11-13
Use props
i002399
lvl.1

Canada

Oh, i should have mentioned - I bought the unit through an in-house employee auction (floor model).  It's missing the controller.    I wasnt sure whether OEM was the way to go or if there was a 3rd party unit that offered better control etc since I'm purchasing one anyway.

Thanks for the input folks.   I'll be buying the stock controller.  Does anyone know whether the pairing process is a difficult on, or if there is a hardware synch I need to deal with?
2015-11-14
Use props
i002399
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-13 04:20
Welcome to DJI Forum  buddy ! Enjoy your flight  !

Thanks!  Much appreciated
2015-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules