DJI Gimbal for FLIR Vue Pro
3579 2 2015-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adamastor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

The FLIR Vue Pro has just been released... and FLIR's promotional materials shows it mounted on a Phantom!  But no gimbal unfortunately...
http://www.flir.com/vuepro/

The all in one design, like the DJI cameras and comms similar to the Go-Pro... mmmm

Now with the beefed up Inspire 1 Pro (motors, props, camera)...
I just need to find a way to mount the FLIR Vue on a gimbal that will fit my 1st generation Inspire - or perhaps I'll sell that one and get 2x Inspire 1 Pros.
One for thermal imaging and one for video and still images - this is a lot better than changing payloads when you are in a hurry to complete an assignment...

I see on the DJI Inspire accessories page you can buy a complete aircraft without camera... it's getting better all the time ;-)

I will put my S900 wish on the back burner for now... it is clear that a large payload carrier like the S900 is no longer required for my purposes. The X5 is doing what the GH4 was going to do for me and the FLIR Vue has eliminated the A65 + recorder + heavy 12V batteries + plus + plus + plus...

Question:
Can any of the existing gimbals be modified for the purpose of carrying the FLIR Vue Pro?
Or is there DJI plans that I am not aware of...

But I can be missing something too...

2015-11-11
Use props
TheBionicGroup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4520958 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Did yiu get anywhere with sourcing the FLIR camera and likewise integrating with the inspire 1?

2015-11-24
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

TheBionicGroup Posted at 2015-11-24 16:24
Hi

Did yiu get anywhere with sourcing the FLIR camera and likewise integrating with the inspire 1? ...

Hello

No... unfortunately not.
Looks like I will have to still go for the S900.

It also looks like the FLIR Vue cannot record full radiometric data streams and the 30Hz versions will not leave the US shores.
Therefore I will go for the Optris from Germany... better price, 80Hz and full radiometrics.
2015-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules