DJi OSMO... SOUND?
4422 9 2015-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EsaSulkanen
New

Finland

I have new Osmo in my hand and first impression is good! I have made tests in various lighting situations and I´m very pleased. But now, what about the SOUND.
I understand that OSMOs own mic is only for referens sound only and it is NOT ment to be for professional use. ( fan and motor noises )
I´m using this camera for professional purposes, news, raports etc.  How can I be sure that the sound I´m recording with external microphone really works or don´t have
any problem. How can I fix sound level if I don´t have vol meter etc.
Can you fix this asap. Vol meter or vol bars in DJi Go -app will certainly give solution on my problem. I think that many of your professional customers have this same problem.
Headphone output would be nice, but can you really do that.
After these small emprovements your product OSMO will be the best camera ever, of course with x5R

2015-11-11
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The volume meters wont do much good unless there was audio gain controls. Right now the automatic gain can still cause problems with some mics.
2015-11-11
Use props
dji-bengz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8225 ft
Hong Kong

Hi EsaSulkanen,

We are working on a new release of DJI Go to add the Vol meter and gain control.  To provide the headphone output need a new accessory.  We will definitely investigate it later.  Please stay tuned.
2015-11-11
Use props
EsaSulkanen
New

Finland

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-11-12 04:52
The volume meters wont do much good unless there was audio gain controls. Right now the automatic ga ...

You are absolute right!
2015-11-12
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I returned my Osmo. Sound is terrible. If you add an external mic then it picks up the cameras fan. Also it will only hold Iphone type phones. First time I am disappointed with a product from dji.
2015-11-12
Use props
scottjwong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9902 ft
Malaysia

Hi. Could you pls inform me if there's an auto audio levels control on the DJI Osmo.
I've recently recorded a concert with the DJI Osmo (with an attached Rode VideoMicro mic), and found that the auto levels were at certain times way too loud that caused massive clipping.
kindly advise.

Thank you.
2016-1-26
Use props
lacommuneweb
New

Canada

scottjwong Posted at 2016-1-26 10:16
Hi. Could you pls inform me if there's an auto audio levels control on the DJI Osmo.
I've recently r ...

I have the same problem! It is very Sad... i did put the audio control to 5 insted of 30 and it still clipping big time.

have you find a solution?

thanks!
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

lacommuneweb Posted at 2016-4-9 00:50
I have the same problem! It is very Sad... i did put the audio control to 5 insted of 30 and it st ...

Sorry about the issue!
What kind of Mic did you use? If possible, please use the recommended Mic in our official website.
2016-4-10
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

lacommuneweb Posted at 2016-4-8 17:50
I have the same problem! It is very Sad... i did put the audio control to 5 insted of 30 and it st ...

How did you feed the audio signal into the Osmo? What microphone  (if you used a mic)?
2016-4-11
Use props
eric.zucker.ema
New

Switzerland

Is it possible to output the audio through the phone’s jack? Would help monitor the sound quality while recording.
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules