P3A overrites files
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisslemke
lvl.1
Germany

Hi all, I've had my phantom for 3 months and it's been a real blast. There's just one issue that really makes me go crazy. When I do several flights on one day, it sometimes happens that the P3 overrites files that I have created before. It's like when I fly three times and make 3 recordings, there's only one file available: DJI_0001.MOV. It only happens when I turn the Phantom off. What I do to safe my stuff is that I always carry a laptop with me (which is a pain) and move the files after the flight without turning it off. Is that a known issue? Am I doing something wrong?

THank you for your help

Best

Chris

2015-11-12
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Not sure why it would be doing that.  As a workaround I would suggest you have several SD cards so you can swap after each flight.  Make sure they are Class 10 or better!
2015-11-12
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-12
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have never had that happen. When I enter the DCIM all of my videos are there as separate files. Could it be that the card is full?
2015-11-12
Use props
IMI193 (RI,USA)
lvl.3

United States

There is a continuous option somewhere, instead of always staring with 001, it remembers the name of the last file and numbers from there, eg instead of 001,002,003   does   064,065,066.
2015-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules