1279 5 2015-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have bought the X5 and as expected it is not a out of the box camera.

jimhare - you have been ( and are ) of a tremendous help for us video newbees - sure a lot of Inspire pilotes have got theire footage a lot better thanks to you. You are a professional but still you are taking your time to educate us hobbyist.

Do you plan to get a X5 ? and make us some very nice tutorials ?

Please

I am writing this as a thread as I am sure I have a lot of new X5 owners with me in my whises.
2015-11-12
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Heh, thanks Nilsblix!

I'm waiting to see what happens with the X5-R.

I'm not planning to invest in one at the moment but this could change with the Osmo.  If the X5-R does an amazing job then it might be worth getting for use on the Osmo for business purposes.  If that's the case then I'll have it for my Inspire as well.

Would love to get my hands on one to test.  If anyone in Sydney has an X5 and wants to get together sometime, let me know!
2015-11-12
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

jimhare Posted at 2015-11-12 19:38
Heh, thanks Nilsblix!

I'm waiting to see what happens with the X5-R.

DJI - send jimhare a X5 " for testing"

( I was a bit afraid of that answer - that you probably would go for X5R - and most of the X5R users will not need basic education. I hope you see I am saying all this with a kind of humor. I know you have other to do than dealing with flying newbies )
2015-11-12
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-11-12 23:13
DJI - send jimhare a X5 " for testing"

( I was a bit afraid of that answer - that you probably w ...

Heh, even if I get an X5-R the fundamentals of the camera will be the same so I could still make tutorials useful to X5 owners!

Yeah, totally take the comments in the manner intended, all good!  

2015-11-12
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Hey Jim,  How you doing mate.

Any signs of CASSA relaxing the UAV rules yet in Oz.  I was informed by them some time ago that they were looking at possibly accepting the UK CAA trained Pilots such as the BNUC-S Pilot certification.  Just wondering if you had heard anything on the grapevine ??
2015-11-14
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

GB44 Posted at 2015-11-15 05:51
Hey Jim,  How you doing mate.

Any signs of CASSA relaxing the UAV rules yet in Oz.  I was informed  ...

Hey GB, doing great my friend!

No progress on the new rules.  The belief is they will exempt drones under 2KG, like the P3, from the requirement to license for professional use.  I know of a few companies that invested in a large number of P3s just on the expectation that this would be immediate.  That was a few months ago!

So we're all waiting.  I have a P3 and would LOVE to be able to fly it professionally.  We shall see and I'm sure it will be instant news on the forum the moment it comes through.

Jim
2015-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules