ipad ground station and ios 9.1 does not work
1762 9 2015-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hans.baele
lvl.1

Belgium

I have an ipad 4. I 've upgraded the ipad to ios 9.0.1 then to ios 9.0.2 and now to 9.1
At ios 9.1 i've checked ground station and it chrashes when it's scanning for the ground controller.
When I switch off bleutooth on my ipad it does not crash but ofcourse it does not find my controller!
I have removed ground station and downloaded the last version a couple of weeks ago and again it crashes.

When will dji develop the solution for this problem?

On the internet i've read you need to downgrade to ios 8.4 to get a working ground station.Is that right?
2015-11-12
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

any news from DJI for the IOS9.1

we are customers from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how long ?????????????????????
2015-11-12
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Be patient, dji is busy working on new product, it should work again by February according to how things been going...  I've learned once the dji app works don't change anything.. Don't upgrade the tablet until you see a app update from dji first.. Same with firmware.. Don't update the firmware on dji products until there are at least 2 new versions or the ability to go back to previous firmware in case new firmware don't work
2015-11-13
Use props
hans.baele
lvl.1

Belgium

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-11-13 17:58
Be patient, dji is busy working on new product, it should work again by February according to how th ...

is it a new product on ipad or PC?
2015-11-13
Use props
ghirla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39728 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Finally GS si ok with IOS 9.... Alleluya!!
2015-11-14
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Yippie!  No it's not new.. Couple years old but stopped working for over a month due to no being compatable with ios 9.. Pic ground station won't work next year though unless dji integrated a map other than google earth...  Or someone who knows software coding to fix it for us since dji said they wont
2015-11-14
Use props
MrJoshua
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Can anyone confirm the new version of the app is working on 9.1? I'm still on 9.02.
2015-11-15
Use props
leo
New

United Kingdom

MrJoshua Posted at 2015-11-15 16:22
Can anyone confirm the new version of the app is working on 9.1? I'm still on 9.02.

GS App update released on 14th November. With the new version, App connects to platform and no longer crashes on iOS 9xx, but I haven’t tested it in flight yet.
However, I noticed that when selecting the grid template (for photogrammetry) the app crashes most of the time. This does not happen with other  templates, circle, rectangle, triangle…
I’m disappointed particularly because DJI was testing this update for some time. Obviously not thoroughly enough :-(
Considering that this tool is mostly used by professionals and people who invested thousands of pounds, such flaky after sale service by far below expectations!
Come on DJI sort out customer support. Is it not clear that the secret to stay on top is to keep customers happy and returning to spend more? Relying on technical excellence alone is a short-sighted policy if you ask me.
2015-11-16
Use props
buildum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29249 ft
United States

Cannot find the APP update on DJI Support Center.  The date of the APP states  22 AUG 15.  Is it showing on the UK Site?
2015-11-16
Use props
leo
New

United Kingdom

buildum@msn.com Posted at 2015-11-16 17:52
Cannot find the APP update on DJI Support Center.  The date of the APP states  22 AUG 15.  Is it sho ...

I got it from the UK Apple App Store. Released on 14th November v1.4.63.
2015-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules