Is there anyways to change the ARM LED'S?
2266 3 2015-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

It is very confusing to have the front arm LED's red and the back arms green. I know this has been talked about in the past but is there any way to chnage the color and put the green up from and the red on the back?
Is it possible to have it changed or an option to change it in a future firmware update?
2015-11-12
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

WTF?
Why would you?
You can however turn off the front red arms in the GO app (good for night video and this will stop the red bleeding into the video).

Anyways, it should be left as is. You should be looking at the rear of the quad more then the front. Battery status, correct orienteering and common flight direction involves you looking at the rear.

And on a side note, I wish DJI spent a little time with avionic navigation lights and followed the standards. They should have places Red on the left/port and Green on the other side. This really helps with orienteering and is an international standard.
2015-11-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI was doing it for years, most of the users already get used to it, and i also find it pretty convenient...
2015-11-12
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-11-13 00:54
WTF?
Why would you?
You can however turn off the front red arms in the GO app (good for night video  ...

Once the thing gets more than 200 - 300 yards away, it doesn't seem to matter to me - I can't distinguish the colors very well after that.

When I get the thing a good distance away from me (but still actually visible) I tend to rely on what shows up in my display to get it oriented again - generally by having it point to where I'm standing/sitting.

With my 71-year-old eyes, the front light would have to be a bright flood-light for me to tell the orientation. In the middle of the day I can't tell if the lights are even on, much less what color they are! I generally fly half by the seat of my pants and the other half by glancing at the display (on my S5). Quite often, I fly using the right stick forward and use the YAW control to go left/right to identify orientation/direction, then fly it back towards where I want to be.

I've gotten sufficiently proficient with those techniques that I can now fly several hundred yards away without having my heart in my throat!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules