Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire one PRO flickering in dark
2242 13 2015-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brain
lvl.2

Hungary

Hello guys!

We went out with our new Inspire one pro to make some test footages and realized that we have small flickering at the dark areas on the video at night.
We thought that its from the flashing lights but it is not. Its random.
Is anybody has some same problem?

I uploaded to show you guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Hb3msLScXYE

Please turn on HD and watch it on a desktop computer
Hard to see because youtube conversion, but there is it.
Also on the raw footage it is worst.

thanks
Andrew

sorry for my poor english

2015-11-13
Use props
brain
lvl.2

Hungary

Anyone? only i have this pronlem?
2015-11-13
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

I wish I could help. I apologize that no one has responded but I have an inspire 1 (non pro). Maybe me posting will bump the threat to get you some help?
2015-11-14
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

There is an anti flicker setting on an Inspire 1.  I would think the Pro has the same. .   You might try changing that setting.  I believe your electric in Hungary is 50HZ.  Try setting for 60HZ, and see what happens.  I'm at work, and away from my Inspire, so you'll have to hunt for the setting.
2015-11-16
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The anti-flicker setting I believe is for video being output over the HDMI port; it doesn't affect the recorded video to the SD card.
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry, Brain, this is an existing problem which will be solved in the next FW version
2015-11-16
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-11-16 10:54
The anti-flicker setting I believe is for video being output over the HDMI port; it doesn't affect t ...

You could be right...... it's hard to remember all the setting when your Inspire is 25 miles away.
2015-11-17
Use props
domidragon90
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hm I have this flickering too, but on heaven. This flickering on your footage looks like frequenzy problems. On what settings did you capture this one?
30fps? If so, I think youre lights there are 50hz. You need to capture in 25fps.

@Tim
Cool, thank you for this information. When does this firmware goes online?
Thanks!
2015-11-18
Use props
brain
lvl.2

Hungary

domidragon90 Posted at 2015-11-18 18:55
Hm I have this flickering too, but on heaven. This flickering on your footage looks like frequenzy p ...

I have flicker on daytime too:
(test footage)

2015-11-20
Use props
domidragon90
lvl.2

Switzerland

Uw, I have blue rings
Did you shoot in auto mode? Auto mode is really bad, the ISO is going up to 17k for nothing.
2015-11-20
Use props
domidragon90
lvl.2

Switzerland

Today at a colorgrading session I reagnoized this lines in the picture (have a look on the right orangish tree):

What the hell is that? I have in most footage something like a flickering on daylight. May it be this lines?

Is that the flickering correction in the settings for 50hz and 60hz?
I think I had it on "auto"
Everthing else is manuelly. ISO 100, F 9, Shutter 100.
Resolution:4096 at 25fps
(I'm from Europe)
2015-11-21
Use props
woodyjamesdp
New

United Kingdom

domidragon90 Posted at 2015-11-21 23:11
Today at a colorgrading session I reagnoized this lines in the picture (have a look on the right ora ...

Did you ever fix your flickering issues?  I bought an Inspire 1 pro a couple of weeks ago- and yes indeed I have the same problem.  I have the latest firmware, I only ever shoot in fully manual mode, and it seems to be slightly changing exposure in random frames, giving a flickering effect.

Starting to worry that this might just be how they are- with only 60mbps for 4K.

A couple of times I have found it literally doing an auto exposure shift on its own, despite being fully in manual mode - (locked ISO, shutter speed, aperture) so this makes no sense to me.

One time as I reframed for a shot I panned across the sun, and it literally stopped down a full stop at least, although no settings had changed.

Anyone experienced these similar issues? I absolutely love it as a machine, but it's no good to me if it produces flickery images..

DJI please HELP asap

Woody
2016-3-16
Use props
theocarter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

woodyjamesdp@gm Posted at 2016-3-16 11:09
Did you ever fix your flickering issues?  I bought an Inspire 1 pro a couple of weeks ago- and yes ...

Hi, I am having the exact same issues on my new Inspire Pro - terrible flickering images, also shooting on manual. Don't suppose you have found any solutions to this?
2016-3-27
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will always flicker, it always has.  It's due to the compression method used to store the videos.  It's largely effected by the amount of data on the screen.  If your shooting a lot of moving trees, it really stands out.  If your shooting landscapes without a lot of motion, it's less pronounced.  I can't imagine a firmware fix can do anything unless it's specifically directed at the compression algorithm.
2016-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules