Pro vs Advanced....video feed bitrate...
1793 6 2015-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BillyRay
lvl.1
United States

I just bought a Phantom Advanced a couple of weeks ago.  Flown it a few times and love it!! It flies great, and takes great video and pics.  But I was a bit unimpressed with the clarity and resolution of the live video feed on my Ipad Mini 2.  It wasn't awful by any means, but it just wasn't as sharp as I expected.  I guess I my expectations were a bit high in thinking the video feed would be the same clarity and resolution of what the camera was capable of recording to the SD card.

Well...I posted a thread about it in another forum, and I learn that there is a difference in Mbps bitrate between the Advanced and Professional versions of the Phantom.  It was posted that the Advanced is fixed at 2Mbps, and the Pro can go up to 10 Mbps.  Is this correct??

If that's true, then I'm pretty disappointed in DJI.  If I had known the Professional had a higher quality video feed to my Mini 2, then heck I would have spent the extra cash for the Professional!!!  But all I could find prior to my purchase was the Professional had a 4k camera and a 100W charger for faster battery charges.  I never saw anything about having a faster bitrate for higher quality video feeds.  
2015-11-13
Use props
AK Eagle
lvl.2

United States

I'm with you on that!! DJI advertised the advanced as EXACLY the same as the professional with the exception of the 4K camera and the 100W charger. Don't get me wrong cause I love DJI products but it seems really sneaky. They should offer the people that got the advanced the opportunity for a trade in for a professional. I'm pissed BIG time because with a pair of googles there is a huge difference between the two phantoms.
2015-11-13
Use props
BillyRay
lvl.1
United States

AK Eagle Posted at 2015-11-13 20:41
I'm with you on that!! DJI advertised the advanced as EXACLY the same as the professional with the e ...

Well glad to know I'm not the only one that feels that way.  If DJI allowed people to trade their Advanced in for a Professional due to the error in advertisement, I would GLADLY pay the difference in cost between the 2 models.  I would do it in a heartbeat!!  
Don't get me wrong, I do love my Phantom3 Advanced.  But at the same time I feel like I got jipped a little bit since a VERY KEY difference between the 2 models wasn't clearly advertised that would have steered me into buying the more expensive model.
2015-11-13
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Video bit rate was increased to 10mbs for the advance in the latest update.
2015-11-13
Use props
Noodle
lvl.1

Australia

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-11-14 17:05
Video bit rate was increased to 10mbs for the advance in the latest update.

I read somewhere people have the option to adjust the FPV video bitrate between 2Mbps and 10Mbps, but it makes no difference to the quality of the video on Advanced, the video still looks like fixed on 2Mbps. Only works on Pro.
2015-11-13
Use props
BillyRay
lvl.1
United States

Noodle Posted at 2015-11-14 00:35
I read somewhere people have the option to adjust the FPV video bitrate between 2Mbps and 10Mbps,  ...

I read this elsewhere as well.  That is shows the slider is adjustable between 2-10, but the Advanced is still fixed at 2 Mbps.

If the slider was changed with the latest firmware, then I guess we can hope that DJI is planning on bumping the maximum bitrate for the Advanced up to par with the Professional in the near future.  Unless it's a hardware difference that cannot be changed with software alone.
2015-11-14
Use props
Noodle
lvl.1

Australia

I am still running the old firmware 1.3.2 and I cannot find this slider option on my Go app for my P3A. I am guessing this slider option is only available in the newest version of firmware 1.4.3, which other users commented made no difference to the video quality for their P3A. So it could be a hardware difference between P3A and P3P. I only plan to fly my P3A with either my iPhone 6 or Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet, so I am not too worried about the reduced FPV video quality, as opposed to other users who fly with FPV headgear or HDMI video out to a big TV screen where the pixellation will be more obvious to them.
2015-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules