DJI Assistant Software - Virus Warning
4280 9 2014-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

hi, when i open the DJI assistant software and click on updates i get a virus warning from my Bitdefender software. It says basically the DJI Assistant software want access to the ijnfected web ressource http://upgrade.dj2006.net/upgrade/firmware. Bitdefender blocked this attempt, your PC is save. I cant update my gimbal because of that i think because it says Version 1.0.0.0.8 and no updated found all the time. So maybe i have an old H3-3D that cant be upgraded or its because of the anti virus program. Why i get those messages from my anti virus software?

2014-12-23
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

Every time I go on DJI software site, and try to open a file, I always get virus warnings (Norman security suite)
2014-12-23
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.2

Germany

b.w.j@joergense Posted at 2014-12-24 05:13
Every time I go on DJI software site, and try to open a file, I always get virus warnings (Norman se ...

Never had this message on mine. (Avira) Maybe Bitdefender isn't accurate enough.

Happy Landings
2014-12-23
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

kamikaze Posted at 2014-12-24 05:18
Never had this message on mine. (Avira) Maybe Bitdefender isn't accurate enough.

Happy Landings

bitdefender is the best ! Avira is junk, i wouldnt trust avira at all. In Tests bitdefender and kaspersky are top notch.
2014-12-23
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

You gotta love the Mac, no problems here
2014-12-23
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.2

Germany

Daninho Posted at 2014-12-24 05:43
bitdefender is the best ! Avira is junk, i wouldnt trust avira at all. In Tests bitdefender and ka ...

Of course: Best Virusscanner is naturally the one which don't let you go to any site. LOOL

Happy Landings
2014-12-23
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

b.w.j@joergense Posted at 2014-12-24 05:13
Every time I go on DJI software site, and try to open a file, I always get virus warnings (Norman se ...

I get that on my Mac. It's because the software author, presumably DJI, doesn't have a registered security certificate. It installs anyway, although I do have to grant a security exception manually.
2014-12-23
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

MacCool Posted at 2014-12-24 06:46
I get that on my Mac. It's because the software author, presumably DJI, doesn't have a registered  ...

thats normal and i know more programs without such a license but in this case here its not because of the license. It said the server is infected
2014-12-23
Use props
Skep
New

United Kingdom

I also get a warning from Norton Mobile Security advising that the DJI software update tries to install some additional software - which may be safe but why no explanation from DJI if this as common as it seems?
2016-12-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Windows 10 Defender also popped up a warning with 1.0.8 midway through the installtion.

Something about trusting some outfit called Fouzou Rocksok or something (I forgot the spelling, but it was Asian.).  Apparently the company makes drivers (I searched online before allowing the install to continue.) and they must be making them for DJI now, albeit unsigned.  I allowed it to install after learning what they do (Seems they are popular over there.), but I have a Macrium Reflect 6 image as well as a SSD clone drive that I can fall back on and go back to 1.0.7 if needed.

2016-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules