Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Possible to write custom app to control Ronin M?
1274 3 2015-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zeitecht
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

Thinking about buying a ronin M. Would it be possible to write a custom mac/pc or ios/android mobile app to control the ronin M using the datalink? (http://www.dji.com/product/2-4g-bluetooth-datalink)

Alternatively, if it is not possible. Is there a known solution using other remote control/receiver systems connecting to the s.bus/d-bus input on the ronin M?

Would also appreciate any leads to other solutions or existing software control apps for the Ronin M.

Thanks in advance,

best,

Daniel
zeitecht KG, Vienna, Austria

2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

The Ronin-M APP "DJI assistant" is used to set the parameters, the ronin-m can not be controlled through datalink
2015-11-16
Use props
zeitecht
New

Austria

Hi Cathy,
Thanks for the reply. Allow me to specify my question. We do mainly live productions and the Ronin M is supposed to be part of a mobile camera set. I thought it would be a great addition, if we could also put the ronin on a tripod and use it as a remote controlled camera, similar to a PTZ-camera with the Ronin functioning as the pan&tilt-head. As I understand this should be perfectly possible with the RC-Remote that comes with the Ronin M. Additionally I would like to be able to create pre-programmed pan/tilt-positions that I can create and trigger through a custom app. AFAIK the DJI assistant does not support that feature. Furthermore, the DJI-Assistant connects to the Ronin via bluetooth, which would be too limited in range to make it useful for us. Hence the idea to write an app for Mac or iOS, use the DJI datalink as an interface and transmitter, connect the receiver that comes with the datalink to the free d-bus port on the Ronin M and so control the pan&tilt functions. Would this be possible? Thanks again, Daniel
2015-11-17
Use props
mdelrossi
lvl.1

United States

That would be a great addition to the Ronin M.
Being able to store camera moves for repeat takes.
iOS and android apps would get a thumbs up.
2016-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules