Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo with very odd behaviour
4542 27 2015-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
heuzeroth
New
Flight distance : 166844 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Since the last firmware upgrade (6th of November) my Osmo behaves very strange. The gimble just stopped working. I can not move the camera with the joypad, no reaction from the front trigger. Record button works. What I tried: I put the Firmware v1.2.1.60 on the sd-card. No change after rebooting and updating. I even can not activate the Osmo in my DJI One App. I get the error message: "Activation Failed, Please Try Again. Invalid Device." Can anyone help?

2015-11-16
Use props
sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Think this is an activation issue as the gimbal does remain unresponsive until activation is done.. Not see the invalid device message before, hopefully a DJI rep here will give you some solution..
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Where did you buy the osmo, from the dealer or the store? Can you provide the SN number by the way?
2015-11-16
Use props
richsibley
New

United States

I'm experiencing the same thing.

Operating fine. Upgraded firmware.

App then asks to activate device.

Click on activate (with my login details) and it says

'Activation failed. Please Try again. Invalid device'

So I try again. same thing. So I disconnect from the Osmo and when connected to 3G. Same thing. So I connect to WiFi... same message.

Uninstalled app and reinstalled. Nope, activation still failed.

Tried reinstalling firmware on the Osmo. Activation Failed.

Any ideas? Can I roll back the firmware as it was working fine?
2015-11-28
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

richsibley Posted at 2015-11-28 21:57
I'm experiencing the same thing.

Operating fine. Upgraded firmware.

Where did you buy the osmo, from the dealer or the store? Can you provide the SN number by the way? This kind of device is the factory testing OSMO, so it can't be used.
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, heuzeroth, where did you buy this OSMO? If it's from the dealer, please return this unit to the dealer and provide the dealer contact. Thanks.
2015-11-29
Use props
heuzeroth
New
Flight distance : 166844 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-30 08:47
Hi, heuzeroth, where did you buy this OSMO? If it's from the dealer, please return this unit to the  ...

I sent it in and got a new one. Thanks for your help.
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

heuzeroth@googl Posted at 2015-11-30 20:24
I sent it in and got a new one. Thanks for your help.

Where did you buy it? If it's from the dealer, please give me their contact, I just want to help them cope with the factory version OSMO.
2015-11-30
Use props
danieljameswork
New

Canada

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-30 23:17
Where did you buy it? If it's from the dealer, please give me their contact, I just want to help t ...

Same issue. Bought it at VISTEK in Mississauga ON CANADA. I was told as well that I won't be able to return it or exchange it. Only DJI can help. Spent 5hrs with Tech support with no out come. No one knows anything online chat or on the phone. Very little help. Really concerned I bought a $1100 brick. Really begging for any help.
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI Adela 001
DJI team

Hong Kong

danieljameswork Posted at 2016-1-22 15:43
Same issue. Bought it at VISTEK in Mississauga ON CANADA. I was told as well that I won't be able  ...

Hello~ Sorry for the trouble! based on your info, you'd better pls contact to DJI US support directly for replacement or any solution. If you still have any problem, we'll try our best to help. Thanks~
2016-1-22
Use props
daramccoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same issue with my new Osmo, activation failed going between Cosmo wifi and home wifi activation failed. It lets me enter my username and password but as soon as I click activate :
Activation Failed, Please try Again - Invalid Device.  Im using an iPhone 6 and have re-installed the dji go app. Any solutions?
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daramccoy@mac.c Posted at 2016-2-6 03:39
Same issue with my new Osmo, activation failed going between Cosmo wifi and home wifi activation fai ...

During the procedures of activation, at the beginning, you need to connect the Osmo to the Phone via Osmo WiFi, enter the DJI GO App, after entering your DJI ID, you need to connect to the Internet and send your ID information to the DJI server. And then, you need to re-connect to the Osmo WiFi network and click "Activate" to finish the activation. So are you sure you follow all the steps correctly?
2016-2-5
Use props
daramccoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-6 04:21
During the procedures of activation, at the beginning, you need to connect the Osmo to the Phone v ...

yes i have tried everything, installed the latest iPhone updates, reinstalled the dji go app. it keeps saying invalid device.
2016-2-6
Use props
daramccoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

2016-2-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

daramccoy@mac.c Posted at 2016-2-7 00:53
yes i have tried everything, installed the latest iPhone updates, reinstalled the dji go app. it k ...

Hi, in this situation, i'm afraid you need to contact the dealer for help. If your Osmo is a new one, you may ask for a new replacement. If you still need help. please let us know.
2016-2-11
Use props
jaimellaca
New

Mexico

Help me  I have this problem with my osmo  and I just bought it   I already tried everything   And I call the tech and he told me he was gonna send me a email and I'm still waiting  
image.png
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jaimellaca Posted at 2016-6-11 11:35
Help me  I have this problem with my osmo  and I just bought it   I already tried everything   And I ...

Hello.
Our staff just resume work from the Dragon Boat Festive today, if you still don't receive any response in this two days, please let me know.
Hope your case will be fixed soon.

Thanks.
2016-6-11
Use props
dirk.leisenberg
New
Flight distance : 1348 ft
Germany

Same problem with my new osmo bought online directly at DJI.
No activation possible.
Additionally one of the included Battery seems to be defect as it does not start charging in the charger (Light stays green).
2016-7-7
Use props
dirk.leisenberg
New
Flight distance : 1348 ft

I just found a workaround:
While activation kept failing on my iPhone, I managed to activate the Osmo via my iPad without any issues. So I guess that the DJI GO App is a little buggy...
After cooling down the battery seems to charge, also. I will check that later again.
My advice:
If you encounter activation-Problems, try it on a different device. The problem does not seem to be the Osmo itself!
2016-7-7
Use props
david8704
New
Flight distance : 1629846 ft
Sweden

I have the sam problem... tried on 2 iphones, and 2 ipads.... no success...
2016-10-12
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

david8704 Posted at 2016-10-13 05:25
I have the sam problem... tried on 2 iphones, and 2 ipads.... no success...

Hi, do you have a compatible android device to try?
2016-10-12
Use props
david8704
New
Sweden

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-10-13 01:45
Hi, do you have a compatible android device to try?

I tried on a Ace 4 and a newer model, and there I can activate, but can't start the camera-mode. And next time I have to activate it again...
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

david8704 Posted at 2016-10-13 03:32
I tried on a Ace 4 and a newer model, and there I can activate, but can't start the camera-mode. A ...

Sorry but Ace 4 doesn't support DJI Go, it only has 512MB RAM. Please try a more recent model. Thank you.
2016-10-13
Use props
david8704
New
Sweden

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-13 12:07
Sorry but Ace 4 doesn't support DJI Go, it only has 512MB RAM. Please try a more recent model. Tha ...

I give up this device. Returning it to the reseller as defect. Can't buy a android unit just to activate it...
2016-10-13
Use props
Vandu
New

Netherlands

Having the same problem; cannot activate "invalid device".
Cannot connect to the drone; out of reach. also not found by using direct wifi.
serial number 08QDDB2012020W
bought in our local store-dealer who has no drones in stock.
tried 2 android phones and android tablet.
2016-11-26
Use props
vel oliver
lvl.1

Malaysia

Same issue activation failed. what should i do?
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

vel oliver Posted at 2017-10-13 10:47
Same issue activation failed. what should i do?

Would you please post the serial number and the error screenshot here for further assistance?
2017-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules