Suggestion: Balanced stock propellers
1625 14 2015-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alokbhargava
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131135 ft
United States

I noticed that I need to rework on 25-30% of stock propellers to properly balance them before using them.

DJI is charging considerable amount per set of plastic props. Millions are produced per month (my guess). Why can't DJI cut down some profit margin and sell props only after properly balancing.

Most of us have crude balancers and we do the best balancing as per our experience and that may not be enough for good life of P3. I strongly suggest that DJI supplies fully balanced props so that we don't have that extra step of balancing before using them.
2015-11-17
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

If using the DuBro balancer, what adapter rod are you using?

The rubber hub bushing nor the cone on the DuBro rod does a poor job of centering the rod to the hub. Remove the rod and re-install and you'll probably get a different result.

If the threaded hub has any casting flash, it will throw the balancer rod off center. I've marked the supplied rod and tested this many times. Purchase one of the aftermarket rods with the 6mm l-r threads and try again.

I'm not a DJI apologist, but the out of the box 9450 props are very close to being perfectly balanced

2015-11-17
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131135 ft
United States

I have the DuBro balancer but I use aftermarket rod. I bought few rods and all give the similar results. I get about 75% pass rate on stock props without making any changes.
2015-11-17
Use props
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-11-17 12:11
I have the DuBro balancer but I use aftermarket rod. I bought few rods and all give the similar resu ...

75% balanced props is much better than the industry norm.

Props for my RC planes 100% of them need both blade and hub balancing. Granted these are bigger so it is easier to tell if they are out.

But I must say all my DJI props are very high quality and very well balanced compared to all other brands. Even my S800 CF DJI props are better then the norm, and those are 15" props.

Anyone serious about RC flying weather fixed wing, helicopter or MR knows you always have to balance props for smooth operation. Even $40-100 high end wooden props need a lot of balancing.
2015-11-17
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

gregg1r Posted at 2015-11-17 10:37
If using the DuBro balancer, what adapter rod are you using?

The rubber hub bushing nor the cone on ...

I bought the after market threaded rod. Using the rubber sleeve is a waste of time if you want a good balance
2015-11-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Dear Sir ,
Thank you for your suggestion . And sincerely apologize if that troubles you .  We'll make efforts to improve our production progress for batter balanced propellers .
2015-11-17
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-18 00:49
Dear Sir ,
Thank you for your suggestion . And sincerely apologize if that troubles you .  We'll ma ...

But hey,  I don't balance my props,  don't have any issues at all.   I sure don't want a price increase to cover the minority of the folks who want better balanced props than the 75% rate.  There's trade off.  More post production work on props, more money.   75% is pretty good for the price.
2015-11-18
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-18 01:49
Dear Sir ,
Thank you for your suggestion . And sincerely apologize if that troubles you .  We'll ma ...

Patrick,   Easy on the batter, it's fattening don't you know.

I've tested a lot of DJI props. All come out of the wrapper so close to being bug nut on that it isn't worth sticking a piece of tape on to finalize. For the price, it's hard to go wrong.

Aftermarket props are a different story. They range all over the place and they usually cost twice the DJI price.

I dread balancing the blades for my nitro copter as it usually takes hours to get them right. Then again the blades are almost 3 feet long each.
2015-11-18
Use props
jesolins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2169 ft
United States

Gents,
Laser balancing props is quick and easy and works well to dynamically balance the props and motors for the best vibration free results.  Use a cheapo laser pointer and a 1/2 inch bit of cd rom.  Do one motor at a time using hover throttle wiith he model firmly tied down.  Easy!

Cheers,
Jim
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-11-18 21:05
But hey,  I don't balance my props,  don't have any issues at all.   I sure don't want a price inc ...

Hi, CaveDrone
You don't need to worry about the price .  Take Phantom 2 as an example , now we get better and cheaper Phantom 3 . Better production progress doesn't always mean price increasing. It's the result of technical development .
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

gregg1r Posted at 2015-11-18 23:08
Patrick,   Easy on the batter, it's fattening don't you know.

I've tested a lot of DJI p ...

Thank you for your support ,Gregg !  Hope you enjoyed our products !
2015-11-18
Use props
alextsampas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 774603 ft
Greece

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-18 08:49
Dear Sir ,

I bought 2 unballanced set of props from a physical store.But they did not agree with me for too much vibration and abnormal flight i had.Is there any warranty , so we can get a new ballanced set ? Who can guarantee for the new set?
Thanks.
2015-12-4
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

alextsampas Posted at 2015-12-5 06:21
I bought 2 unballanced set of props from a physical store.But they did not agree with me for too m ...

Hi ,
Did you bought the DJI Props ? And did you tested the aircraft with other props ?  
2015-12-7
Use props
alextsampas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 774603 ft
Greece

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-7 16:31
Hi ,
Did you bought the DJI Props ? And did you tested the aircraft with other props ?

I bought a Dji Set of props (2+2) and i compared them with the two sets included in the box.
I also noticed that the silver ones have not the same fasten feeling as the 2 black
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

alextsampas Posted at 2015-12-8 04:48
I bought a Dji Set of props (2+2) and i compared them with the two sets included in the box.
I al ...

Sorry about that . But please negotiate that with your dealer .
2015-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules