Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo Panorama Stitching Large Image?
10268 9 2015-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7861 ft
Indonesia

Hi there,
I'm wondering how to save a stitched large file Panorama processed by DJI Go / Osmo unit itself?

The resolution I got on phone is just around 3600x490, but if I checked the original shots, and restitch them using 3rd party application (I use https://www.dermandar.com/create/ ), I can have 11328x1300 or hoping to catch a maximum height resolution of 2250 (as seen of each photograph's resolution is 4000x2250).

Other thought is just feel 'weird' if I have to restitch them with 3rd party application because Osmo's panoramic function has been calculated in precise, so I assume the stitching process calculation and image projection should be similar on all situation.

Best,
Set
2015-11-17
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, since we keep the original size photo in sd card, plz feel free to use any 3rd party stitch softwares for ur desired pano output.

DJI GO uses down sampled pictures for pano stitching aiming at fast sharing.
DJI PC software for height solution pano generating will also be released.
2015-11-17
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Indonesia

DJI-ytao Posted at 2015-11-18 09:24
Hi, since we keep the original size photo in sd card, plz feel free to use any 3rd party stitch soft ...

Ah, interesting... thank you. Looking forward for the DJI PC software.
2015-11-17
Use props
jimpic
lvl.1

France

You can stitch your original shots with Hugin:
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
It's a free software that works on all platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux). Quite easy to use, it gives very good results.
For a 360° panorama, you can get 14500x2000 pixels pano (depending on how you crop it in Hugin to keep a rectangular image).
2015-11-18
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
United States

jimpic Posted at 2015-11-18 03:53
You can stitch your original shots with Hugin:
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
It's a free software th ...

Hi jimpic, thank you for referring hugin opensource software.

I have tried this, but got confused on which setting / template should I use, because the software think I captured low angle part and high angle part, and trouble on 'telling' the software that my panorama are composed only from left-to-right.
How to do it?

I will check again.
2015-11-18
Use props
Guderian
lvl.1

Hong Kong

setiawan3d Posted at 2015-11-18 18:03
Hi jimpic, thank you for referring hugin opensource software.

I have tried this, but got confused ...

Hi Set,

one of the best pano-tools is ptgui - is not free but not so expensive. If you want to make virtual walkings then the tool autopano from kolor is the best choice (not free).

For 360x180° Pano is maybe soon an additional app available - I hope this will coming very soon. Check www.osmopano.com. Manually is this working, but need a lot of time.

Best,
Steffen
2016-1-2
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Indonesia

Guderian Posted at 2016-1-3 10:36
Hi Set,

one of the best pano-tools is ptgui - is not free but not so expensive. If you want to ma ...

Greetings Steffen 'Guderian',

Interesting development on www.osmopano.com app. Looking forward for it.

Someone on another thread also mention ICE ~ Image Composite Editor, made by Microsoft Research Community Group. Of course, it is MS Windows only. Simple and fast one.
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/ice/

Set
2016-1-2
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

setiawan3d Posted at 2016-1-3 16:34
Greetings Steffen 'Guderian',

Interesting development on www.osmopano.com app. Looking forward fo ...

osmopano.com looks really interesting, I hope the app comes soon! Nice find! Who is behind it, are they on this forum?
2016-1-5
Use props
saulobelter
New

Brazil

I've just got PTGui Pro and would like to know which settings are you guys using on it ? Please share it if you can.
2016-3-11
Use props
FragCool
New
Austria

Please add an option, so that the rendering of the sample can be deactivated. I think many don't need the samples, it costs time during the OSMO and the mobile is "useless" and it costs power on the mobile.
2016-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules