Inspire 1 No Video Feed - Another Bug or Another Repair DJI?
3905 30 2015-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taylorellis11
lvl.2

United States

We have been flying our X5 for a few weeks now and have loved every second of it. Today, we showed up on location and discovered that our camera operator remote would not receive any video on startup. This has never happened previously.

The slave controller receives all telemetry data and can even control the camera. We were forced to fly with the camera operator watching over the pilots shoulder until we could figure out the problem.

We have now cross tested every piece of equipment and determined it is not the tablet or cord.

Firmware versions for both are as follows:
App 2.4.1
Aircraft 1.4.00.10+
RC 1.4.30
Camera 1.0.0.30+

The Master controller that still functions normally, will not receive video when it is rebound as the Slave to the failed controller. The Slave controller that gave us the issue today, also does not receive video when switched over to Master.

I'm not sure whether I should try binding these remote controllers to our other Inspire unit, or if this may corrupt the other unit as well.

Please advise DJI! We've got to get back in the air!
2015-11-17
Use props
Black Dragon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 734055 ft
United States

I had a similar problem! Long story short I sent it all in and Dji replaced both remotes and lightbrige? Week and a half turn around time!
2015-11-17
Use props
taylorellis11
lvl.2

United States

I will give them a call first thing in the morning if DJI doesn't reply here and ask if this will need to be the route we take as well..... Thank you for your response Black Dragon! Was this with the new X5 firmware or are you running the X3?
2015-11-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , taylorellis
Please confirm all your firmwares are latest . Have you tested that Slave RC on other inspires yet ?
2015-11-17
Use props
taylorellis11
lvl.2

United States

^ I have a hard time believing you read my post any further than the title. I listed all firmwares, they are all current. I was hesitant on testing it with our other Inspire unit until i was told it would be safe. I will go test the remote with our other Inspire right now.
2015-11-17
Use props
taylorellis11
lvl.2

United States

We have tried the remote with our other Inspire unit and it appears there is no video feed with it either. All telemetry comes through again, and full control of the camera/gimbal, but no video feed. I have tried it as both the Master and Slave for our other unit to no avail. I am more concerned now though, because after trading controller "roles" the once functional Master controller no longer receives video feed regardless of its role or aircraft. Simply put, the only functional remote controller is now bricked as well and we have 2 grounded Inspires.
2015-11-17
Use props
Cata
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1045220 ft
  • >>>
Romania

taylorellis11@g Posted at 2015-11-18 09:40
We have tried the remote with our other Inspire unit and it appears there is no video feed with it e ...

Same issue here!

Last time when i fly with my inspire pro, about one week ago, everything was fine.
Today i took it out and i only had video signal on the master remote, on the slave remote there was no video.
I've try to swap the remotes to see if the slave remote is broken.... turned off the master remote, re-link the slave remote to be the master / unique remote.
After linking process, the same issue, NO VIDEO signal.
Now i don't have signal on any remote.... i think this is a software issue from the last DJI Go app from 2 days ago.
I have the latest firmware on all devices, using a good / OEM apple cables....

Also i notice that i can't put the HD link into "Custom", is stuck on "Auto"...

Need a fast answer from DJI because i have to fly tomorrow! Can't do it without video signal.
2015-11-18
Use props
Cata
lvl.2
  • >>>
Romania

I've found the solution, seems like there is a bug in the 2.4.1 DJI Go app.

Try to follow bellow steps:

- Start with the master RC
- From RC Settings, put the master remote to "OFF" then put it back to "MASTER"
- Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (foto) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
- By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.

The controller will do a reset and the video link will be back!

You can do the same steps to the Slave conttroler aswell.
2015-11-18
Use props
taylorellis11
lvl.2

United States

^ Trying this right now! Thanks Cata!
2015-11-18
Use props
taylorellis11
lvl.2

United States

Any other suggestions? I tried the above with no luck, both with the aircraft on & off.
2015-11-18
Use props
taylorellis11
lvl.2

United States

Victory!! I just retried it, the camera (trigger) buttons BOTH need to be held down... C1/C2/Shutter/Record -Hold down all 4 while power cycling the controller like Cata said.
2015-11-18
Use props
tiagooliva
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1338622 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Cata Posted at 2015-11-18 21:58

Try to follow bellow st ...

Dude, you are a genius!!! hahaha! Thanksssss
2015-11-18
Use props
taylorellis11
lvl.2

United States

^ +1 I think you may have saved a lot of people a lot of time and hassle!
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Cata Posted at 2015-11-18 21:58

Thanks ,Cata for the solution of Taylor's  issue!
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry, i wasn't here yesterday, fortunately we have some great users with great knowledge of dji products
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Cata Posted at 2015-11-18 05:58

Yes, It is known as the 4 finger salute. This procedure resets the ouput board.
2015-11-18
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

taylorellis11@g Posted at 2015-11-19 01:05
Victory!! I just retried it, the camera (trigger) buttons BOTH need to be held down... C1/C2/Shutter ...

I also have a similar problem no video feed just on the Slave--

Should I do the 4 finger process just on the Slave or on Both the Slave and Master?

Thanks

Jack
2015-11-19
Use props
taylorellis11
lvl.2

United States

jackiedh Posted at 2015-11-19 09:31
I also have a similar problem no video feed just on the Slave--

Should I do the 4 finger process  ...

We were forced to do it to both controllers in the end, even though our Slave was the only one with the problem originally. It seems like the bug is particular to the slave remote, I think switching the Master to Slave infected it with the bug making us reset both controllers.
2015-11-19
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

taylorellis11@g Posted at 2015-11-20 04:18
We were forced to do it to both controllers in the end, even though our Slave was the only one wit ...

Did you do the Slave or Master first?

Jack
2015-11-19
Use props
Cata
lvl.2
  • >>>
Romania

jackiedh Posted at 2015-11-19 22:51
Did you do the Slave or Master first?

Jack

Master 1st
2015-11-20
Use props
jjsantry82
lvl.1

United States

Cata Posted at 2015-11-18 05:58

This works! I had the exact same problem 2 days ago after a firmware update mid job. To clarify.. "trigger buttons" means hold BOTH the record button on the left with the red dot, the photo trigger button on the right, and the C1 and C2 while powering the remote off then back on.

Why can't DJI give answers like this? I'm a dealer and even I don't get the level of support you would think a dealer would have.
2015-11-21
Use props
mogmen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4902 ft
United States

Cata Posted at 2015-11-18 08:58

This group is amazing!  Had the issue yesterday, searched here--bingo.   

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

2015-11-23
Use props
lennyschway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1708412 ft
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-18 19:55
Yes, It is known as the 4 finger salute.  This procedure resets the ouput board.

This is exactly what happened to me today after updating my Inspire 1 Pro to the new FW 1.1.0.40. My Slave controller shows No Video Signal and I can no longer see the image from the camera. The slave still functions as it normally does but not video image from the camera.

I guess i will try the 4 finger salute procedure.
From what was stated earlier, I have to do this procedure on both remotes even though it's just the slave giving me the problem ?

Does performing this procedure wipe out all my custom gains and configurations setting i have made? Or does this just reset the Video Output portion?
Also, Does the craft need to be on or off when doing this procedure?

Hopefully i'll get a quick response....

Thanks in advance.

2015-11-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

lennyschway@gma Posted at 2015-11-24 19:48
This is exactly what happened to me today after updating my Inspire 1 Pro to the new FW 1.1.0.40. M ...

Yes you need to do the master first and then the slave. Yes do both.

The procedure just resets the output board. So all of your settings should be fine.

You can leave the aircraft off wile doing this procedure.

Dave
2015-11-24
Use props
Dody
lvl.2

Pakistan

has anyone (with an x3 cam) attempted upgrading to the latest firmware even though they dont have the x5 cam yet ? apparently the latest firmware supports both the x3 as well as the x5. possible that upgrading to this new firmware will end this no signal nonsense.

i found a really stupid solution to my no signal issues.... shutting down the battery and then restarting it 5 to 15 times SOMEHOW magically starts giving  the signal. i usually wait for 10 seconds between each restarting attempt some 10-15 seconds into the no signal warning flashing on the top of my ipad.
2015-11-25
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Clearly the QA and testing process for firmware releases still has some room for improvement.
2015-11-25
Use props
lennyschway
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-24 20:39
Yes you need to do the master first and then the slave. Yes do both.

The procedure just resets t ...

Thanks Dave for the additional answers to my questions. I will give this a try.

2015-11-25
Use props
lennyschway
lvl.3
United States

Ok, I just did the reset procedure on both remotes.
IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!

I now have video signal on my Slave.

Thank you everyone!
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

lennyschway@gma Posted at 2015-11-25 09:27
Thanks Dave for the additional answers to my questions. I will give this a try.

My pleasure.
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

lennyschway@gma Posted at 2015-11-25 10:59
Ok, I just did the reset procedure on both remotes.
IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!

Good to hear it worked.
2015-11-25
Use props
Dody
lvl.2

Pakistan

taylorellis11@g Posted at 2015-11-18 21:57
Any other suggestions? I tried the above with no luck, both with the aircraft on & off.

me too. tried the same so many times but still no luck. it's killing me now

the only 'stupid solution' i found with my no signal nonsense was shutting down and restarting the battery at least 5 - 15 times and letting it run for some 10 sec before shutting down again (with some 5-10 sec wait after the battery's complete power offs)

what amazes me is how many possible solutions are 'out there' for this 'no signal nonsense' ; i guess a complete list should be made so that it may help everyone out. who knows what might work for someone.

i am sure it's just a darn 1.4.whatever firmware problem that should be solved with the latest firmware upgrade. turns out that dji has a new firmware for the inspire pro that apparently works for both the x3 as well as the x5 cams ... so people like me with the x3 are now reluctant because dji has still not seriously bothered to address the major no signal issue. it's either all hit n trial at users end or 'send it back'.
2015-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules