Macao

This is pretty good news.

Mandatory no fly zones to change
2015-11-17
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

I think that's fair news! Not bad at all in my opinion.
2015-11-17
Use props
RBirtles
lvl.2

Australia

Looks ok but will need more details to make a more informed decision.

edited text - learned more from FAQ:
DJI FAQ on announcement:  http://www.dji.com/info/news/dji-fly-safe-system
PC World link: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3 ... rom-its-drones.html

Anyhow, time will tell whether this initiative has greater benefits than disadvantages.

Cheers,
Birty
2015-11-17
Use props
RBirtles
lvl.2

Australia

edited to above first post...
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Some guys will need to make some adaptions ..
2015-11-18
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Im all for it.
I used to live in Manassas, VA (about 28 miles from DC) the no fly zone used to be about 10-15 miles away and did not have to worry about it. well.. with the recent events in France, the no fly zone now passes Manassas by about 10 miles. (I think its now a 75 mile radius?) If I still lived there, I would not be able to fly anymore. Good thing I moved about 3 months ago.
But with this coming from DJI, If im to need to fly in a no fly zone (with permission) I can do so. I like it.
2015-11-18
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Linolens,

this is good news. Finally a bit of common sense. I first raised this in a thread back in April.......

http://forum.dji.com/thread-12081-1-1.html

Back then, DJI basically said that it was here to stay so this turn around hopefully means that they do listen or.... these NFZs were just getting too hard to maintain!

Looking forward to seeing the final outcome of this.
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

oh boy, that's going to be interesting, just hope it will not get messed up, after restrictions are cancelled
2015-11-18
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-19 10:58
oh boy, that's going to be interesting, just hope it will not get messed up, after restrictions are  ...

Tim

I think we will see occasional incidents, hopefully nothing major like an airport/airplane accident, but let's hope for the best.

We are all passengers on this boat.
For now, I'm enjoying the breeze.
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Linolens Posted at 2015-11-19 11:25
Tim

I think we will see occasional incidents, hopefully nothing major like an airport/airplane ac ...

Yeach, totally!  We are all passengers on this boat....
2015-11-18
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Linolens Posted at 2015-11-19 11:25
Tim

I think we will see occasional incidents, hopefully nothing major like an airport/airplane ac ...

Why would you think that? Haven't seen any to date even when there were no restrictions at all.  Unlikely you would see them now especially considering uavs have been around and in the news for a while.  More people are educated about them and where is acceptable to fly or not now than ever before.
2015-11-19
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think this is a step in the right direction. Although as a commercial user I really hope it doesn't conflict too much with areas we are allowed to fly in under my CAA permissions.

DJI-Tim Do you know anything about the live portion of the NFZ? I'm guessing they are drawing data from VFR NOTAM's? Will this also now mean you HAVE to be connected to the internet before flying? How will this work if I have a NOTAM in place? Will I have to disable the NFZ area in the map to fly in my own NOTAM?

Another concern is if they are going to pull DMZ data in too. I feel this will be a good addition to the NFZ as long as the data is as it is on the VFR chart area size wise. Please don't start adding additional area to these as small countries like the UK will become almost unflyable.
2015-11-20
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-20 11:04
Why would you think that? Haven't seen any to date even when there were no restrictions at all.  U ...

You you rely only only on what's on the news...yes I agree with what you say.
I live in Asia.
10% of what happens, make it to the news.
A few months ago, a P3 flew into the MGM facade but didn't make it to the news because there are people out there trying to control the situation by "other" means rather then education or training.
The number of UAVs out there is growing exponentially.
It's just too easy to go buy a P series and fly.
It worries me that the first question out of newbies mouths is "how far can it fly".
But I hope you're right and common sense wins.
2015-11-20
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Linolens Posted at 2015-11-20 18:42
You you rely only only on what's on the news...yes I agree with what you say.
I live in Asia.
10%  ...

fair enough, however im in the usa and over here if some podunk pilot sees a plastic bag floating in the wind 200 yards away from a plane its on the news as a "drone interferes with aircraft" story.  there have been many such "news" stories in the last year or so about drones invading aircraft airspace but interestingly enough there are never any photographic evidence of such events even though virtually everyone in the world has easy access to camera/video capable cell phones and can record something within seconds of seeing it, so forgive my skepticism.
2015-11-22
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-22 19:33
fair enough, however im in the usa and over here if some podunk pilot sees a plastic bag floating  ...

I hear you and you're spot on.
Sounds like sasquatch stories.
HAHA
2015-11-22
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-11-23 19:17
I've said it before but I think it bears repeating.

UFOs have historically been regarded as angels ...

I agree....
Specially because P series and Inspire have a white top and it's not reflective enough.
Perhaps a S900 or 1000 or an Alta.....

2015-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules