Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android device won't connect!
18138 33 2015-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
berge.bastian
New

Denmark

Hello!

So, i've used my Phantom 3 pro for 3-4 months with no issues. But yesterday i was going to take a few pictures of the sunset, but when i opened the app on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy tap 4) It would not connect. It just shows the "How to connect" button in the app.

I tried to restart the p3 and the controller, but the same thing happened.

So I googled the problem and couldn't find any specific answer.

I put my tablet back to factory settings and reinstalled the DJI Go App - Still the same connecting problem.
I updated the firmware on the p3 to the lastest - Still the same connecting problem.

I'm not sure what to do??

And I just started my dronephotography business, but this problem keeps me from working :-(

Please help me!

- Bastian
2015-11-18
Use props
berge.bastian
New

Denmark

The  controller still works, I can move the camera and fly with it. But with no camera view.
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi, Berge
Please  reinstall the DJI Go APP  or try another compatible device . Check the list below:
iOS Version v2.4.1. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.1. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2015-11-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The first thing I would suggest is to try another USB cable between the RC and your Samsung.
2015-11-18
Use props
berge.bastian
New

Denmark

I will try my friends Galaxy S5 later today.
Can i use the cable that i got with the tablet?

Thanks for your answers
2015-11-18
Use props
berge.bastian
New

Denmark

Now I tried the Galaxy S5 with no luck.
And i also tried switching the cables, tried 4 different cables.

And i sent a email to the DJI Support team.

They wrote this :
Hello Mr Berge, we have absolutely no Problems with the App right now.
Did you tried it with different devices? Changed the cable?
Otherwise i fear the usb port of the RC is faulty and you have to return it via your dealer for a repair.

So i quess it's my controller.. But that doesnt make any sense to me.

I have been so carefully when handling the Phantom 3 and controller, like it was my own baby. So I really dont get why the hardware should be damaged.
2015-11-18
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

berge.bastian Posted at 2015-11-19 01:32
Now I tried the Galaxy S5 with no luck.
And i also tried switching the cables, tried 4 different cab ...

I have you enabled developer mode on your phone?
2015-11-18
Use props
elena.mannocci
New

Italy

I never had problem with Samsung s4 mini but my Huawei P8 doesn't find the wifi of my Osmo. It's very frustrating.
2016-3-27
Use props
perryqua
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've got the same problem I've got a Samsung s5 on the start up screen your supposed to go to the equipment screen on the phantom 4 but I can't select the phantom 4 camera it only allows me to connect to the inspire 1 camera but obviously that doesn't work. I've tried and tested the same on an identical s5 and that worked fine. Please help
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

perryqua Posted at 2016-6-4 02:02
I've got the same problem I've got a Samsung s5 on the start up screen your supposed to go to the eq ...

Have you downloaded the latest Android DJI GO app.
If not, then after connecting to the RC with the USB cable and powering on the RC, swipe down from the top and you'll see USB for charging, tap that and switch from charging to software installation. If that doesn't work then switch to MIDI devices.
2016-6-3
Use props
gwhan63
New

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-4 02:37
Have you downloaded the latest Android DJI GO app.
If not, then after connecting to the RC with th ...

HI I have the same problem with A Samsung Galaxy Tab A. I have tried all the suggestion but to no avail. My Galaxy S6 works fine but no joy on the Tab A
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

gwhan63 Posted at 2016-7-19 18:06
HI I have the same problem with A Samsung Galaxy Tab A. I have tried all the suggestion but to no  ...

Here's the list of DJI approved devices, compare the specs between your Tab A and S6 and if the Tab has much less processing power then that's probably the reason. If they are similar then it should work.
Have you tried swiping down from the top after powering up the RC and change USB for Charging to one of the other options.
iOS Version v2.8.4.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.2.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-7-19
Use props
Dr AJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9311 ft
United Kingdom

Many similar issues have been reported on this forum (check the previous 2 weeks), including by me using a P3 4K. Nothing has resolved it for me. DJI have a standard reply to everyone. And the questions are just annoying. I mean, of course, one would re-install the app, right?????
2016-7-19
Use props
Dr AJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9311 ft
United Kingdom

Many similar issues have been reported on this forum (check the previous 2 weeks), including by me using a P3 4K. Nothing has resolved it for me.

DJI have a standard reply to everyone. And the questions are just annoying. I mean, of course, one would re-install the app, right?
2016-7-19
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

Was the Marshmallow installed recently?

With the P3 and R/C on and your device plugged into the USB port, reboot your device. That was the only way I could get a S.S. T-713 tablet to work.
2016-7-19
Use props
NRJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27146 ft

I'm having the same problem with a brand new Android Samsung Galaxy Tab E. Installed new app 2.8.4 using Android version 6.01. Can't even get into camera mode. The RC is linked to the AC as I can fire up the motors. I even rebooted my new tablet to factory new condition but downgraded to Android version Lollipop 5.1.1. Still no luck with DJI Go app. I think it may not be the Android version. It may be the DJI Go app. My old Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (Android version 4.4.2) with DJI Go version 2.8.3 still works fine. I hope DJI comes out with a working app cause there are a lot of people all over the net with down birds.
2016-8-27
Use props
sr71afan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391654 ft
United States

My Galaxy S4 wifi drops out after 40 seconds so I fly the rest of the flight BLIND.  I see hundreds of others have the same issue. Will there ever be a fix for this?  This is very frustrating!  Can I get a refund?
{:4_142:}

2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

NRJ Posted at 2016-8-28 15:07
I'm having the same problem with a brand new Android Samsung Galaxy Tab E. Installed new app 2.8.4 u ...

What model unit do you have? Is the unit up to date with the latest firmware? Is your mobile device set to USB Debugging and MTP mode? If the device is not on the recommended device list, we can't recommend its compatibility.
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

sr71afan@yahoo. Posted at 2016-8-29 05:02
My Galaxy S4 wifi drops out after 40 seconds so I fly the rest of the flight BLIND.  I see hundreds  ...

The S4 is an older device that may not be able to run the DJI Go app effectively. I used to run a S4 myself, however, it proved to be not as effective after a couple app updates that needed more processing power.
2016-8-28
Use props
NRJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27146 ft

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-29 10:19
What model unit do you have? Is the unit up to date with the latest firmware? Is your mobile devic ...

That is an easy out for you. However, your list of recommended devices has not been updated in years. It has been so long that it appears that no person or department in DJI is reviewing any further devices. You need to fix this problem for your marketing devision to continue to sell world wide. I don't appreciate smug "I don't want to fix your problem" type answers. Yes, I am mildly upset as this is a new problem that effects many of your customers who have older tablets that have worked with DJI Go 2.8.3. Now all of a sudden, you are blaming Android 6.01. I don't think so because this just happened. Please pass this on to your DJI research and programming department as you have a massive problem on your hands. Most people are not gettting results.
2016-8-28
Use props
sr71afan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391654 ft
United States

I was finally able to get my Galaxy 4 phone to remain connected and now have awesome video up to one half mile away. I put the phone in airplane mode, turned on the wifi, and now it has been working perfectly.  I have no idea why airplane mode fixed my problem.  Why is my phone not on the list??%$#@?!
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

sr71afan@yahoo. Posted at 2016-10-16 12:28
I was finally able to get my Galaxy 4 phone to remain connected and now have awesome video up to one ...

To clarify, do you have the S4 or the Note4? These older phones do not have the processing power to keep up with the latest Go app processing demands. They will struggle to work, if not work at all at some point.
2016-10-15
Use props
snipes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5059 ft
United States

Hi - I can also control the gimbal from my controller, but can not connect to the camera via DJI GO. I can not get my PC to recognize my Phantom 4 via USB, but I am able to see files on the memory card if I plug that directly in to my PC. I'm using a Galaxy S6. The system works fine via iPhone.
2016-10-21
Use props
rsw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

Have you installed other flight apps? If so, uninstall them all then reinstall DJI Go.
2016-10-24
Use props
snipes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5059 ft
United States

rsw Posted at 2016-10-24 18:13
Have you installed other flight apps? If so, uninstall them all then reinstall DJI Go.

Hi - we ended up using the iPhone to revert back a few RC releases, then getting connected via the Android and updating the RC via Android. Pretty bogus, but whatever works...
2016-10-24
Use props
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-18 19:51
The first thing I would suggest is to try another USB cable between the RC and your Samsung.

I agree with this possible solution.  I had one cable that for some reason would not work.  Don't know why.  It was a real short one, only about 10 inches long.
2016-10-24
Use props
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

So what is happening with your problem?  Did you get it to connect?  I'm using a Samsung Tab A on my Pro without any problems.  I turn on the R/C first, then the Drone.  After they connect, I then turn on the Tab.  If for some reason it doesn't connect right away, I turn it completely off and then on again.  It has worked this way every time.
2016-10-24
Use props
Loafar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147530 ft
Australia

Hi all,
If the DJI Go App is such a problem, why don't you switch to the Litchi Ap???.
2016-10-24
Use props
Mike
New
Flight distance : 294446 ft
Australia

djordan2 Posted at 2016-10-25 14:12
So what is happening with your problem?  Did you get it to connect?  I'm using a Samsung Tab A on my Pro without any problems.  I turn on the R/C first, then the Drone.  After they connect, I then turn on the Tab.  If for some reason it doesn't connect right away, I turn it completely off and then on again.  It has worked this way every time.

Thanks djordan2. I was having the same problem as everyone else, however it seems like a Samsung thing where I restart the tablet every time I want to access the dji go app. I followed your way, and all seems fine at last!!! Its a pain to restart the tablet but better than buying another one when the Samsung SM-T713 is quite good. Typical Samsung software glitch.
2016-12-11
Use props
fansaac55393
New
Flight distance : 137907 ft
Canada

Loafar Posted at 2016-10-24 20:11
Hi all,
If the DJI Go App is such a problem, why don't you switch to the Litchi Ap???.

I just paid 1200$ for the P3 Pro.... I feel like a working software should be included
2017-3-28
Use props
fansc7491d45
New
Flight distance : 1349022 ft
United States

Ok so I have had my Phantom 3 Advanced for about a month now, bought every new including an inexpensive tablet, a Samsung Tab A... What I have found is that I have to plug and unplug the USB cable a number of times...might be 2 or 3 or 20 before the DJI Go App sees the remote controller...but... I say but because I don't think it is the DJI Go app or the controller or cable that is the problem. It is the tablet not recognizing the device properly. However, once the app sees the controller I'm good to go as long as the RC isn't turned off or the USB cable disconnected. I can turn the aircraft off, switch batteries but as long as the RC and tablet stay connected -- once I get them to "talk" everything is fine.

This morning, it's raining, I decided to do some troubleshooting... and I think someone else in this thread made the following suggestions:

Before doing anything make sure your android device is OFF.
Turn on the RC and aircraft, should have a green light on the RC.
Before turning on your android device, plug in the USB cable and then power on the device and let it boot up.
Should either be prompted to start DJI Go or DJI Go should launch depending on what you have set for the "USB Accessory " (the RC)

So based on the above there is something software related that prevents the tablet from communicating with the RC after the android device is started, I have no idea what that might be, could be something shipped with these tablets/phones or could be the Facebook app...anything that can access the USB port is fair game...Kind of surprised DJI hasn't done any testing, just pick up a cheap tablet from Wal-Mart or wherever on the cheap and I'm sure they can replicate the problem because doesn't seem like an isolated issue. Like I said, once the app sees the controller everything works fine, if in your case lose connection with the RC in the middle of the flight you would have something else going on (i.e. bad cable, etc).

I'm going to go app hunting, I just feel something 3rd party is causing the issue, I don't think DJI is fully at fault... Can't speak for Apple devices however... My advice would be to look at the stuff you have installed on your device, if you have your tablet or phone loaded up with crap like candy crush or whatever can very much play a role in why DJI Go and RC detection and other issues come into play. So my goal at this point is to find a way to NOT have to cold boot my Tab A every time I connect up to the RC...or have to plug/unplug the USB cable 20 times before it works... If I find an app or something in the background that corrected the issue I will post it here...
2017-4-23
Use props
ScottyMelvin
lvl.1
United States

Same here over the weekend,  using Samsung Tab A tablet.  Not connected.  So I did firmware update, changed cords,  reinstalled Go App, nothing.  Then I tried using my Samung Galaxy phone instead of the tablet, and it worked.  Glad to see that, but bummed my $200 tablet is now unusable.
2017-4-24
Use props
fansc7491d45
New
Flight distance : 1349022 ft
United States

ScottyMelvin Posted at 2017-4-24 10:49
Same here over the weekend,  using Samsung Tab A tablet.  Not connected.  So I did firmware update, changed cords,  reinstalled Go App, nothing.  Then I tried using my Samung Galaxy phone instead of the tablet, and it worked.  Glad to see that, but bummed my $200 tablet is now unusable.

Did you try turning the controller on first, connect the USB cable then power on your tablet? If not, try it in that order.... I have flown my P3A with the Tab A without issue other than what I pointed out above... I did not, however, at any point uninstall the DJI Go app.

On another subject, I do have Litchi on my S7 for using VR Goggles but haven't been all that impressed with that but that's another story for another time..

Do try the above... Make sure the tablet is off before connecting the controller - that's the whole key to it...
2017-4-24
Use props
fansda7cd9f1
New

United States

fansc7491d45 Posted at 2017-4-23 06:53
Ok so I have had my Phantom 3 Advanced for about a month now, bought every new including an inexpensive tablet, a Samsung Tab A... What I have found is that I have to plug and unplug the USB cable a number of times...might be 2 or 3 or 20 before the DJI Go App sees the remote controller...but... I say but because I don't think it is the DJI Go app or the controller or cable that is the problem. It is the tablet not recognizing the device properly. However, once the app sees the controller I'm good to go as long as the RC isn't turned off or the USB cable disconnected. I can turn the aircraft off, switch batteries but as long as the RC and tablet stay connected -- once I get them to "talk" everything is fine.

This morning, it's raining, I decided to do some troubleshooting... and I think someone else in this thread made the following suggestions:

Did you ever find any apps that were causing issues with the tab a? I have one myself. It never had an issue connecting with the old DJI app. I absolutely think it has something to do with the new app because ever since they got the separate apps for drones previous to 4 on my GO 4 app I almost always have to cold boot the tablet. S7 it works fine
2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules