Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Reimagine bad sound...
1365 9 2015-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kalle.lindbeck
Flight distance : 52238 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hello dear friends!
Where in the advertising of the OSMO does it say that the recorded sound sounds like a vaccum cleaner in the background. DJI i want to return my OSMO!

/Kalle
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry for the fan noise, we will  try to improve it later, thanks for the feedback. Please understand that this is not common camera, instead it's a gimbal camera, fan is very important for the heat dissipation In order to get high quality sound without noise, you can make use of the external MIC. Thanks!
2015-11-18
Use props
jgrober21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11575 ft
France

it is said that DJI will sell its own external mic. Can you confirm? if yes when?
2015-11-18
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7861 ft
Indonesia

Someone is making a DIY Rode Mic attachment:

(Video courtesy of Peter Homer)
2015-11-19
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

setiawan3d Posted at 2015-11-19 16:33
Someone is making a DIY Rode Mic attachment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X351ThuXQdc

Wow, impressive!
2015-11-19
Use props
adoannie6
New

United States

The statement below is from their FAQ page on the Osmo.

....although I am pretty sure that it was updated to say this after they started to get widespread complaints about the audio.

"""Microphone

Why is there noticable noise when using the built-in microphone of the Osmo? Also the audio volume being recorded seems to be very low.

The built-in microphone is used for reference recording or when audio is needed in a hurry, however to get the highest quality audio, it's recommended to use an external microphone."""
2015-11-20
Use props
kalle.lindbeck
  • >>>
Sweden

Hello DJI!

I bought the OSMO to film my kids on vacation and I don't want to carry round an external mic etc. I want to return the OSMO because it doesnt deliver as stated in the adverts. On dji website it says "also getting the sound". Nothing that the sound is only for reference . PLEASE tell me how to return my OSMO.

Best Regards

Kalle
2015-11-21
Use props
adoannie6
New

United States

If you ordered through DJI.com it is going to be extremely difficult to return.

I agree, nowhere did they it mention this until people started getting them and realizing how bad the sound is and complaining about it.  The external mic is an option but again, if you are not using it in a professional manner, it is a bit of a hassle to HAVE to use a mic.  Not to mention that you are going to spend probably another $50ish or so for a mic, a lot more if you want a Rode Video Pro or something of that quality.
2015-11-21
Use props
kalle.lindbeck
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI I just return the OSMO to my reseller or how should I do?

/Kalle
2015-11-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

kalle.lindbeck@ Posted at 2015-11-25 02:22
DJI I just return the OSMO to my reseller or how should I do?

/Kalle

If you purchased it from DJI online store, please contact the onlinesales@dji.com.  If you purchased it from the dealer, please contact the dealer. Thanks.
2015-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules