When is the Osmo X5 adaptor going to become available?
12345Next >
12466 181 2015-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Dear DJI,

I am the proud owner of a Zenmuse X5, and an Osmo handle kit (the latter of which will be with me in the next couple of days, i'm assured), and i would really like to produce some of that good stuff i got hooked onto in your promo campaign. It looks BRILLIANT, and when I saw underneath where it said,
'The Osmo is also compatible with the all-new X5 series of cameras, bringing you highly stabilized imaging with all the benefits of a large M4/3 sensor'

I immediately ordered.
But the statement is not strictly true, is it?

As I paid for the X5, I noticed it said,
'Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adaptor for use with Osmo that is sold separately. This adaptor will be available soon.'

It has been a month now, yet the site still says,
'Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adaptor for use with Osmo that is sold separately. This adaptor will be available soon.'

Can somebody PLEASE tell me when 'soon' is?

Soon means nothing without context, and to me it really makes no sense sitting on over £2000 worth of equipment, dependent on an adaptor with no clue as to when it will be available.

This is ridiculous.

Can somebody from DJI please advise me as to WHEN the Osmo and X5 will become compatible, because they are not now, and quite frankly, for the money I have spent on the dream I have been sold, the VERY LEAST you can do, is let me know when it can become a reality.

Frustratedly yours,
Chuba.

2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

The R&D are preparing for the compatible firmware, since I can't give you the exact date of release, I can only tell you that it will be available next month. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2015-11-18
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-19 07:00
The R&D are preparing for the compatible firmware, since I can't give you the exact date of release, ...

Thank you. That is a start, at least.
2015-11-19
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-19 07:00
The R&D are preparing for the compatible firmware, since I can't give you the exact date of release, ...

Is the X5 adaptor still being released this month?
2015-12-20
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2015-12-21 14:23
Is the X5 adaptor still being released this month?

Hi, I am afraid that it will not be released recently, since not only the adapter needs to be ready, but also the firmware of X5 needs to be fully tested and developed.  
2015-12-20
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

So it will not be available this month. Do we at least know if we are close to a solution, or are we waiting indefinitely for the advertised Osmo X5 compatibility?
2015-12-21
Use props
iphilms
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-20 23:59
Hi, I am afraid that it will not be released recently, since not only the adapter needs to be read ...

How did you guys make it work in your commercial? Can't you guys just replicate that?  Its halfway through December and we have no news on an update for this adapter. DJI-AMY???  
2015-12-21
Use props
smallcirclellc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103376 ft
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-20 23:59
Hi, I am afraid that it will not be released recently, since not only the adapter needs to be read ...

This is not cool, why tell us next month and not deliver?
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

iphilms@gmail.c Posted at 2015-12-22 02:25
How did you guys make it work in your commercial? Can't you guys just replicate that?  Its halfway ...

Sorry for the late release of adapter, since I can't decide the release of the adapter or firmware, what I can is report your complaint and need to the engineers. Your patience will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
2015-12-21
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Do we have a choice?
I do not understand how your information can be so inaccurate, month after month. The osmo and x5 have been advertised as compatible since the 8th of  October. Then we were told it would be available November, then December and now we are back to having no clue again. This is false advertising, with false claims that have boosted the sales of both the handle kit and the x5. There are no new steps to the process that did not exist before, so all the R&D and testing is what should have done BEFORE making claims of compatibility.

Please - find somebody in a position to give us some REAL information, as all of these false dawns are making all of us look stupid!
2015-12-21
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

As usual, DJI talk....talk.. talk.... but nothing. !!!!
Fortunatly, other otpions are coming form other serious compagnies. I have sold my osmo and my X5..... upsted of this situation.
2015-12-23
Use props
I1d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291634 ft
  • >>>
Canada

A dealer said it was to ship in Jan. Time will tell...
2015-12-24
Use props
capalvch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71125 ft
United States

The new dji store display says nothing about the adaptor when you look at the X5. The old text explaining the need of the adaptor and the release of it in the future has been removed.
2015-12-24
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

capalvch@gmail. Posted at 2015-12-25 06:40
The new dji store display says nothing about the adaptor when you look at the X5. The old text expla ...

That's as maybe, but the Osmo page still says it is compatible with the X5 series.
2015-12-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2015-12-25 02:47
That's as maybe, but the Osmo page still says it is compatible with the X5 series.

I dont think it will ever be ready because theres no way that little osmo battery is going to handle that x5 camera i think we are going to have to wait for the osmo 2
2015-12-25
Use props
eric.mercier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184741 ft
  • >>>
Canada

X5 camera adaptor ?? When DJI ?

When is the Osmo X5 adaptor going to become available?
The Osmo is also compatible with the all-new Zenmuse X5 series of cameras, bringing you highly stabilized imaging with all the
benefits of a large M4/3 sensor.
*Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adaptor for use with Osmo that is sold separately.

I Bouth x5 série for this raison !!!!!!!!!!

what happen dji ???
2015-12-26
Use props
eric.mercier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184741 ft
  • >>>
Canada

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2015-12-25 02:47

Do you have more info about the adopter for X5 séries ? Mister Chubauk
thank you for for replay im from montréal Canada
2015-12-26
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

Hong Kong

eric.mercier@do Posted at 2015-12-27 15:34
Do you have more info about the adopter for X5 séries ? Mister Chubauk
thank you for for replay  ...

No, my friend. I am in the same position as you.

I also bought the handle kit and the X5. DJI are saying that the adaptor will be available 'soon' (whatever the hell that means), but cannot give a date.
They make claims on adverts, but the DJI people we can actually speak to are not in a position to give you any information that means anything, and now the latest information from DJI, as our wait fast approaches its third month, is to keep checking the DJI website until it appears.

2015-12-27
Use props
mmoses00
lvl.1

United States

I am in the exact same situation.. I have the X5 and the handle kit + all accessories sitting on my desk... I sold my MoVi M5 to get into this more portable system.  You have at least 20,000 Twitter followers that will hear about this if it fails to make it to market.  
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

mmoses00 Posted at 2015-12-31 04:23
I am in the exact same situation.. I have the X5 and the handle kit + all accessories sitting on my  ...

It will not fail to market. it's coming.
2015-12-30
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

Singapore

mmoses00 Posted at 2015-12-31 04:23
I am in the exact same situation.. I have the X5 and the handle kit + all accessories sitting on my  ...

Thankully, i've held on to my Ronin-M - GH4 combo, but it all just feels big and cumbersome, knowing i have the x5, handle kit and the whole shabang's worth of accessories. It's taking waaaay too long.
2015-12-30
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

mmoses00  .... I ll be happy to had my 15 554 followers to yours... DJI-Ken .....it s coming .... BUT WHEN  ????? DJI always plays with there clients ! ......
2015-12-30
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-30 20:41

Edit: Looks like it's coming soon....
2016-1-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-30 15:41

So is Christmas 2016. "it's coming" tells us nothing
2016-1-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-1-1 07:49
DJI you need to give information about this. Many folks have bought X5/Osmo because you've adverti ...

I don't think we are ever going to see the x-5 on the osmo, it's just too much camera for the osmo tiny battery, I think there working on I different handle for the x-5. It will be a 500 dollar "adapter"
2016-1-1
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-1-1 18:09
I don't think we are ever going to see the x-5 on the osmo, it's just too much camera for the osmo ...

They had a prototype on a DJI video. It was an X5 on the OSMO handle. Maybe they will release a better battery =D
2016-1-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I've been told it its coming, and soon.
2016-1-1
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-2 05:45
I've been told it its coming, and soon.

We've been told that since October 8th.
I don't know how you can still be offering that to people. It is purposefully abstract, and doesn't offer a shred of comfort to those of us that have bought into the BS.

We all know you would not have sold anywhere near as many handle kits or X5s without the falsehood.
2016-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-2 05:25
We've been told that since October 8th! I don't know how you can still be offering that to people. ...

I am not in the engineering department so I only relay what thy tell me. I'm sorry I don't have more answers.
2016-1-2
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

DJI-Ken ....... "I am not in the engineering department " ,"I am not in the  sales or marketing department" ... Where R U ???? bla bla dpt ???
2016-1-2
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-2 15:35
I am not in the engineering department so I only relay what thy tell me. I'm sorry I don't have mo ...

You represent DJI. You are the word of DJI to its paying public. You are all we have, so if you have no information, then there is none.
2016-1-2
Use props
mmoses00
lvl.1

United States

Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adaptor for use with Osmo that is sold separately. This adaptor will be available soon.
2016-1-5
Use props
mmoses00
lvl.1

United States

Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adaptor for use with Osmo that is sold separately. This adapter will be available soon.
2016-1-5
Use props
mmoses00
lvl.1

United States

Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adapter for use with Osmo that is sold separately. This adapter will be available soon.
2016-1-5
Use props
mmoses00
lvl.1

United States

CES is underway.  Hoping for an X5/OSMO adapter announcement... which is a weird thing to hope for.  Can we be put on a mailing list to be auto-notified?  Can we pre-order the adapter?  Coming back here to check and see is getting cumbersome... I want to return my product.  Not angry, I just need a stabilizer now.
2016-1-6
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

mmoses00 Posted at 2016-1-6 16:55
CES is underway.  Hoping for an X5/OSMO adapter announcement... which is a weird thing to hope for.  ...

What you just said!
2016-1-6
Use props
osmo1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105 ft
United States

It's on the way folks. Just have patience
2016-1-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

osmo1 Posted at 2016-1-6 17:53
It's on the way folks. Just have patience

Im getting sick of " its coming soon" or " its on its way be patient" you know i dont even want the damn thing anymore, my x5 isnt much better than my x3 anyway.
2016-1-6
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

What's the flippin' deal with pictures, and showcasing it at a bloody event????
Give us a damn date, or shut up!! You've been playing that tune since October, or was the one in the video not real?

They showcased it on a video on the 8th of October last year, with all this 'coming soon' crap. I bought the handle kit and the X5, 3 months ago......well I paid for them then, anyway - the handle kit just got here a fortnight ago!!!

I already own every item they have there, but can't use it. They've sold the expensive parts for months - so now they're effectively showcasing an adaptor.

Now.....3 months later, and we are supposed to be getting excited and checking a bloody website everyday, like junkies!!

I don't know how they get away with this BS!

2016-1-6
Use props
benmoyle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4180036 ft
  • >>>
Mongolia

come on DJI,
2016-1-6
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced