Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When is the Osmo X5 adaptor going to become available?
12454 181 2015-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-15 01:52
Ya, when they are available to ship, wonder when he'll get his delivered
Just kidding Thanks  ...

I know when they will ship after they become available, " 30 to 40 days after payment is confirmed "
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-1-15 21:28
I know when they will ship after they become available, " 30 to 40 days after payment is confirmed ...

I am really sorry that SOON is not working and that's what you guys have been told for a while now.
I will not say soon anymore, I will try to post an update as correctly as I can as I get information.
2016-1-15
Use props
galearic
lvl.2
Malta

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-15 15:26
I am really sorry that SOON is not working and that's what you guys have been told for a while now ...

So now we can bid you farewell, until we hear from you again.  Who knows when we’ll have an update!  All we need is DJI to gives us a date.
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

galearic Posted at 2016-1-15 16:01
So now we can bid you farewell, until we hear from you again.  Who knows when we’ll have an updat ...

I'm sorry it's not available and DJI does not have a release date. It definitely will come but I will not say "soon" anymore until I have more info from DJI.
2016-1-15
Use props
Derek Spear
lvl.1

United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-15 01:30
The problem was with the advertising. For those of us that bought in early October, there was no ta ...

I agree with what you're saying.  I suspect that the sales and marketing teams may have been a little overzealous with the X5/Osmo just before the holiday shopping season, which is causing some headaches for the engineering/development teams.  I certainly know what that's like as well. ; )
2016-1-15
Use props
galearic
lvl.2
Malta

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-16 00:45
I'm sorry it's not available and DJI does not have a release date. It definitely will come but I w ...

So now DJI-Ken, when do you think we will have an update?  without mentioning soon!
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

galearic Posted at 2016-1-15 18:39
So now DJI-Ken, when do you think we will have an update?  without mentioning soon!

I'm sorry to say but probably not this month.
2016-1-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-16 02:13
I'm sorry to say but probably not this month.

Its easy for a company to do this to loyal customers when theres no compitition against there products , they know you dont have any other options so they just dont care but that never last long first thing you know these cameras will be everyware from many different companys,its things like this that have gopro in a death sriral
2016-1-16
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-1-16 12:47
Its easy for a company to do this to loyal customers when theres no compitition against there prod ...

So true.....and we've bought the hell out of the handles, gimbals and accessories so much that they know it will be awkward to get rid of them.

That's it....I'm grinding down the handle!
2016-1-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-16 08:03
So true.....and we've bought the hell out of the handles, gimbals and accessories so much that they ...

Im pretty sure i know what DJI is up to now and time will tell if im right but what i predict is sometime in march you will see the adapter, x5 raw released with the osmo pro version with a bigger,better battery that will handle the x5. Just as they did with the inspire 1, pro version. The x5 will work with the original osmo but not very well, just as the x5 works with the original inspire 1,not very well. And one more thing, whats going on with these firmware updates? Anyone who reads this forum knows what im talking about, its just one screw up after another!!!!
2016-1-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-16 08:03
So true.....and we've bought the hell out of the handles, gimbals and accessories so much that they ...

I ground mine down then took a little black paint to the top it looks factory and the x3 still mounts fine. It's only like 2.5 mill. Just take your time and tape it up good will grinding. I used my electric sander with fine sandpaper and got it close then I did the rest by hand. The x5 on osmo is not perfect but very functional.
2016-1-16
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-1-16 15:50
I ground mine down then took a little black paint to the top it looks factory and the x3 still mou ...

I'm doing it by hand.....about another millimeter to go...
2016-1-16
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

pocketpc_ebay@h Posted at 2016-1-15 03:41
@teamnest1  ..... like chubauk  said : all this srtory started with dji's advertising..... they put  ...

Then simply say that. No need to attack or insult someone who is only trying to help and has NO CONTROL over the release date.
2016-1-16
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-1-16 10:50
I ground mine down then took a little black paint to the top it looks factory and the x3 still mou ...

@R&L Aerial and chubauk, that is awesome, please post pics of vids when you are done!
2016-1-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-16 09:44
@R&L Aerial and chubauk, that is awesome, please post pics of vids when you are done!

I'm glad you guys are figuring out a way to modify it yourselves to make it work. But I think if it were that easy, DJI would have done that long ago. Since "shortly & soon" has not been the case, I'm sure there's more to it than what you guys are doing to get it to work.
And I'm not aware of what they are doing to hurry and get it released. All I am told is that it's coming shortly.
I really wish I knew the exact reason why it's not hear yet, but I don't.
2016-1-16
Use props
Derek Spear
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-15 08:26
I am really sorry that SOON is not working and that's what you guys have been told for a while now ...

You could always use the phrase that Id Software (makers of Doom/Quake) is famous for when referring to a release date:

"When it's done."

2016-1-16
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-16 12:38
I'm glad you guys are figuring out a way to modify it yourselves to make it work. But I think if i ...

Well, its always fun to make wild guesses about the hold up.  My guess is a mix of time required for the firmware programming and manufacturing of the adapter.  Up until, CES there weren't even any pictures of the adapter, so I am guessing manufacturing has just started.  The current DJO go app and Osmo firmware already has specific X5 only code integrated, so it was either added for beta testing or to help with the short that was created for marketing.  It's buggy as all heck, but there are workarounds for most of the issues.

Based on my few tests, I can definitely see an Osmo Pro being released relatively soon with a larger battery and mounting options as the X5 just feels way to heavy for the handle.
2016-1-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-16 12:38
I'm glad you guys are figuring out a way to modify it yourselves to make it work. But I think if i ...

No there's not more to it, it's easy.
2016-1-16
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Derek Spear Posted at 2016-1-16 12:46
You could always use the phrase that Id Software (makers of Doom/Quake) is famous for when referri ...

sorry to get off topic but I am now planning on downloading Quake later today =D thank you for the Nostalgia
2016-1-16
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-1-17 08:24
No there's not more to it, it's easy.

Have you guys already paid for this accessory? if so it looks a bit like crowd funding to enable development. A great way to finance your business!
2016-1-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-16 16:34
Have you guys already paid for this accessory? if so it looks a bit like crowd funding to enable d ...

A lot of people have.
2016-1-16
Use props
Derek Spear
lvl.1

United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-16 14:59
sorry to get off topic but I am now planning on downloading Quake later today =D thank you for the ...

Glad to help.  
2016-1-16
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-16 17:38

I wish I had the same confidence in them as you!

The options (as i see it)  are to have it working, albeit with limited functionality, or go crazy checking a website for months on end for a hint of when it may potentially be available.

If the very worst case scenario is another handle - i'll take that for peace of mind, and put it down to experience.

It's been to long.
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-17 04:22
I wish I had the same confidence in them as you!

The options (as i see it)  are to have it working ...

I actually tried to pull some strings for you since you are probably the only one who has an Osmo/X5 only and no aircraft, I asked some people if there was a way for you to return them for refund and I was unable to get it done.

2016-1-17
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-17 16:41
I actually tried to pull some strings for you since you are probably the only one who has an Osmo/ ...

That was never going to happen. Can you imagine the floodgates you would have been opening?

I appreciate you trying to help. Really I do, and I may get the Inspire at some point, but as of now  - I'll get this chapter closed first before throwing good money after bad.

Thanks again, though.

2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-17 12:59
That was never going to happen. Can you imagine the floodgates you would have been opening?

I appr ...

Ya, probably right. Edited my post
I really do you it all works out for you.
2016-1-17
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

A couple of more tests showed a few things.

The 14-42 zoom does not have zoom control programmed in DJI GO, but you can manually turn the zoom ring and get the zoom to work.
Manually turning the focus ring on autofocus lenses does not change the focus under any setting.  That is not surprising since they are focus by wire.
Modes above 30p are full of horrendous artifacts.  No slo mo.  
120fps 1080p just resorts to regular speed 1080p.
Manual white balance and Kelvin presets are broken, just like on the Inspire 1.  I really wish that DJI would fix this, as it is a huge oversight that the Kelvin correction on the X5 seems to be changing the tint more than the actual color temperature.
Unlike with the Inspire, a base focus calibration seems to already be built into the Osmo so that you can use the DJI GO app to control the focus without first calibrating the lens.  It even corrects for the changing focus of the 14-42 while zooming.  
The App is very buggy when trying to get proper exposure.  Sometimes it just has a mind of it's own.  Selecting the auto exposure point doesn't seem to do much.  Also, in AUTO, the iSO is not changed.  Instead, the app just changes the aperture.  The only way to change the ISO is to go into manual first.  Currently my method of getting exposure is to first set the ISO in manual mode, then switch over to S mode and choose the shutter, exit out of the manual and wait for the exposure and f stop to get to the desired value and hit exposure lock.
Battery life is shorter with the X5.
2016-1-17
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-1-18 10:59
A couple of more tests showed a few things.

The 14-42 zoom does not have zoom control programmed in ...

Mine gets into position momentarily - then fails.
2016-1-17
Use props
galearic
lvl.2
Malta

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-18 01:54
Ya, probably right. Edited my post
I really do you it all works out for you.

But, we have read it
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ya, no biggie. Do you have only a X5 and Osmo?
2016-1-18
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-18 02:47
Mine gets into position momentarily - then fails.

You might have a pin not connecting between the handle and the camera.  I had similar issue related to a bad connection.  Also, if your handle hasn't been updated with the current firmware that supports the X3, I'm guessing the X5 won't work either.
2016-1-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-1-18 13:24
You might have a pin not connecting between the handle and the camera.  I had similar issue relate ...

That's what I was thinking, firmware
2016-1-18
Use props
galearic
lvl.2
Malta

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-18 16:46
Ya, no biggie. Do you have only a X5 and Osmo?

Well, First of all, I'm appalled at your post, as you do not reply to DJI customers by saying Ya, no biggie, since you are employed with DJI as you have well informed us.  Secondly  I have the Phantom 2 Vision + and a DORMANT INVESTMENT of the X5 with all the OSMO accessories purchased since October 2015 laid up, doing nothing.  Thirdly, when I queried your online sales if I can buy the Inspire without the X3, not a lot of help came forthwith from DJI end.  Also the X5 Demo Uploaded by DJI on Oct8, 2015 clearly shows a working X5 with the Osmo and Adaptor.  Ken, you now seem to be the only contact person between DJI and their customers, facing the music on this saga.  Amy had built a lot of anticipation saying that it will be available before Christmas.  Just before CES you said,  I've been told it its coming, and soon
2016-1-18
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

galearic Posted at 2016-1-18 16:09
Well, First of all, I'm appalled at your post, as you do not reply to DJI customers by saying Ya, n ...

He is helping where he can. Its a forum, relax.
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

galearic Posted at 2016-1-19 05:09
Well, First of all, I'm appalled at your post, as you do not reply to DJI customers by saying Ya, n ...

I was saying no biggie if you guys know that I was trying to help those and see if thee was anything I could do to help with the people who have a Osmo/X5 only.
Did you not understand that I was trying to be an advocate for you guys.
2016-1-18
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-1-19 02:24
You might have a pin not connecting between the handle and the camera.  I had similar issue relate ...

Thanks. I figured it was firmware.

Oh, well.
2016-1-18
Use props
iphilms
lvl.2
United States

Got sick of waiting and decided to do the X5 mod.
2016-1-20
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Its sad that people are have to resort to "potentially" voiding their warranty to use the products they bought months ago, Just so they can function as the manufacture said it would.
2016-1-21
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

if battery life is less than 15 minutes with the x5.. this isn't going to be acceptable.. for a days shoot you'd need a silly amount of batteries & chargers..
2016-1-23
Use props
russkn87
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430039 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got my X5 working with my Osmo handle

Here's a video sample of it working:

There's a link to the eBay page for the X5 adapter, ships worldwide and costs about $32 inc. shipping. Beats having a $4000 paperweight until DJI brings out the real thing.
2016-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules