When is the Osmo X5 adaptor going to become available?
12455 186 2015-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

matteotof Posted at 2016-4-8 04:05
I felt my seller and told me he does not know what to do! One group of customers is creating a com ...

enough already!
2016-4-8
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600479 ft
Germany

what enough allready?
sometimes you must say whats going on here.....and 6 month is enough!!! not a comment of a customer...okay?
2016-4-8
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

marvelles Posted at 2016-4-8 09:26
what enough allready?
sometimes you must say whats going on here.....and 6 month is enough!!! not  ...

No one wants to hear from him, or you, anymore. Everyday it's a verbatim post. We get it, acting beligerently isn't going to help.
2016-4-8
Use props
raybaker
lvl.1

United States

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-4-8 09:56
No one wants to hear from him, or you, anymore. Everyday it's a verbatim post. We get it, acting b ...

I agree guys. There's no point in "beating a dead horse." You can't force DJI to release a product just because you can't wait any longer. I understand the frustration as I want one too. The facts are, it's just not available right now.
2016-4-8
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Germany

but sometimes you must say this.
then there are  new costumers they want to buy x5 and osmo handlekit and they dont know that they cannot use it.
it cannot be that dji making so bad buisness about loyal buyers.....they must hear it every day..sorry.
sometimes you must make pressure and say this....and when enough costumers make this maybe dji will make and release a osmo pro firmware and adapter.

peace
2016-4-8
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

marvelles Posted at 2016-4-8 11:50
but sometimes you must say this.
then there are  new costumers they want to buy x5 and osmo handleki ...

Ugh.

Two things.

1. It is very clearly obvious that you cannot use the X5 with the Osmo. It's all over both the X5 and Osmo purchase pages. If a buyer can't figure that out, tough for them.

2. DJI is already working on the adapter, firmware, and software. They were doing it without any input from you, and you cursing at them wont make it be any faster.

We're all disappointed with the delay, as there doesn't seem to be a reasonable explanation. I certainly hope that there is some 'sweetener' added to people who buy the adapter right away, like a free extra battery.
2016-4-9
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4

Two things...i say what i Want...if you have a Problem with this Then Dont read it.and 6 month for a Adapter is a shame for a Company like dji.
2016-4-9
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Germany

14.03.16 ios app 2.7.0

Osmo pro compatible
image.png

After 2 hours ios app 2.7.0

No osmo pro !!
We are stupid costumers..i know dji
image.jpeg

2016-4-9
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Germany

Info:

With the new x5 update there is the inverted mirror gone....woooooh now you can see and record the same thing.
Please mic recording and then the firmware is good...it has take only 6 month :-)
Here is a 4 axis professional
image.jpeg
2016-4-10
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-4-7 12:21
In case you haven't figured it out, acting this was isn't helping your case. Knock if off.

It's f ...

No it wasn't.

When the X5 advert was first shown, they were advertised as being compatible, and nobody knew.

About a week later, when we started to ask how to fit the X5 on to the Osmo, ONLY then was the site updated to say the adapter was needed and it would be available soon.
2016-5-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-3 12:03
No it wasn't.

When the X5 advert was first shown, they were advertised as being compatible, and n ...

@chewbacca, did you ever get your x5 adapter? After 6 months I finally got mine today.
2016-5-3
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-3 18:48
@chewbacca, did you ever get your x5 adapter? After 6 months I finally got mine today.

Mine's been shipped!!!!!
....more like 7 months.
2016-5-3
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

@chubauk .....sent <> received ......still waiting
2016-5-4
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

pocketpc_ebay@h Posted at 2016-5-4 10:38
@chubauk .....sent  received ......still waiting

Me too, my friend.

I think - finally - it'll arrive soon.

It is the last product I buy from DJI, that is not already being received by people on here.
2016-5-5
Use props
jeffrey.pankey
lvl.1
United States

I have been silently watching this progress, and it is very disturbing how DJI treats those of us that have supported them from the beginning. I haven't gone on the posts, because I have been emailing customer support directly. I am in advertising and marketing, so we made a big investment in DJI. We have 3 Inspire Pros, 2 S1000 Spreading Wings, 2 S800 Spreading wings, 4 flamewheel 550's and now we have 3 Osmos that we bought in the very beginning. It was very misleading and actually borderline "false advertising" when the Osmo came out and said it was compatible with the X5....there were no astericks to show there was a disclaimer or footnote. Still today, you can look at the site and get confused thinking you can take the X5 and put it on the Osmo. We have done the best that we can with just using the stock camera on the Osmo, and it has not been terribly noticeable. I still try and support DJI as much as possible because when you have over 100grand invested in them, it is hard to turn your back and walk away....I'm just not ready to get divorced yet!!
DJI - you definitely should think a little harder about your "consumers" those of us that support your line and brag about you to everyone. There is a rising competition in the market, and you don't want everyone turning there back on you because of your lack of honesty and lack of deliverables. You could easily be looking at a class action lawsuit for False Advertising, but everyone just wants you to be honest with us. Hopefully you guys can deliver and make your long, historical customers happy in the end, but you have set a really bad precedent in this division of your products.
Sincerely.
2016-5-5
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

@ this time..... adaptor delivered: 0 !!!!!!!
Release date (from DJI) : Very soon.. since... Sept 2015 .....

2016-5-5
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine has just arrived
13165829_980349825419575_1513522520692674077_n.jpg
13173835_980360652085159_8150256197031882356_n.jpg
2016-5-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

jeffrey.pankey@ Posted at 2016-5-5 09:37
I have been silently watching this progress, and it is very disturbing how DJI treats those of us th ...

They definitely do thing different over in China. It like this when ever you deal with a third world country
2016-5-5
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

jeffrey.pankey@ Posted at 2016-5-5 14:37
I have been silently watching this progress, and it is very disturbing how DJI treats those of us th ...

upvote x1000!
2016-5-5
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Looks tidy!

Mine's been shipped - allegedly.....and I've just grabbed a base. I didn't even know they existed. I was fed up of trawling their site.
...Good work.
2016-5-5
Use props
Hunty
lvl.1

New Zealand

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-6 08:18
Looks tidy!

Mine's been shipped - allegedly.....and I've just grabbed a base. I didn't even know t ...

I'm the same regarding the base - thanks for the heads up.  What is the part # and where did you acquire as it doesn't appear on the DJI site??  Cheers.
2016-5-5
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-5 21:18
Looks tidy!

Mine's been shipped - allegedly.....and I've just grabbed a base. I didn't even know t ...

I now it was getting a bit of epic I now need a cam--bus cable for the DJI Focus to Osmo
20160506_064149.jpg
2016-5-5
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hunty Posted at 2016-5-5 22:03
I'm the same regarding the base - thanks for the heads up.  What is the part # and where did you a ...

Its here, man.

http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-base
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-6 16:03
Its here, man.

It's the *DJI Focus - Osmo Pro/RAW Adaptor Cable that is needed.
X5 adaptor overview.png

2016-5-6
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-6 10:17
It's the  *DJI Focus - Osmo Pro/RAW Adaptor Cable that is needed.

No - Hunty's looking for a base, like in Arrow's picture.

You have to really look for the base. It's not on the Osmo accessories main page.
2016-5-6
Use props
Hunty
lvl.1

New Zealand

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-6 20:03
Its here, man.

Excellent - thank you.
2016-5-6
Use props
AmsterdamBM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3834469 ft
  • >>>
United States

Late to this discussion, but it was sad to read how DJI handled this. It is even sadder that this isn't nearly as bad in 2019... Inspire 2 & X5S owners are dealing with this once again. We were advertised to that the Inspire 2 X5S and X4S camera were compatible with the new ground filming solution ie Osmo 2 and that it was "Coming Soon"... Well, it has been well over two years since the launch of the Inspire 2, the X4S camera has already been given EOL status and will no longer be made, we are still waiting for the Osmo for our X5S cameras. DJI released the X7 camera and updated the compatibility marketing materials on the inspire 2 page to show it would work with the Ground Filming solution, still no way to use them off of an inspire 2. To insult everyone anxiously waiting,  they release some overpriced carbon bolt on handles to mount on to out i2's and call it a ground solution. They still claim the X5S Osmo is coming soon. How in the world this kind of marketing and business practice isn't illegal is beyond me.  We will not be investing in any more DJI aircraft or camera systems until they drastically change their tune to their customers. We've spent well over 30,000 USD over the years with DJI. No more.
2019-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules