Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
USB cable/file transfer
40705 16 2015-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Amy...or? I'm having some heartburn. I have been transferring video from the SD card and it's painfully slow. 5.9 gb takes 50 minutes. This is the sd card that comes with OSMO. That's a pretty slow card. Then I connected a USB cable to the back of the camera....which is very diffulcult to get to when you have the camera on. Then the camera doesn't like having the USB on there but I can get the video significantly faster. So, DJI, or ? What is the correct method to get your video using the cable? I don't want to burn my gimbal up.
2015-11-18
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Personally, I bought a Sandisk extreme pro card and pull videos off it using a Lexar Professional USB 3 reader. Pretty fast
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

There are three methods of video download:
1) Download the original files to mobile phone using WIFI transmission of OSMO. Download speed:About 400k/s
2)Taking out the SD card and copy files by SD card reader or adapter. Download speed : about 20M/s
3)  Using micro USB line to connect the OSMO camera to the computer. You need to turn on the OSMO(You can lock all the motors first before you connects the micro usb port, it will be more convenient.)
The second and third method are similar and the downloading speed is fast, the first method is slow compare to others.
2015-11-18
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

sdchew Posted at 2015-11-19 09:36
Personally, I bought a Sandisk extreme pro card and pull videos off it using a Lexar Professional US ...

Which card did you go with?
2015-11-19
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-19 12:35
1) Download the original files to mobile phone using WIF ...

Ok..you confused me...so you're saying it's ok to lock the gimbal when you turn it on?
2015-11-19
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

sdchew Posted at 2015-11-18 17:36
Personally, I bought a Sandisk extreme pro card and pull videos off it using a Lexar Professional US ...

Yea..great tip...Best Buy didnt have a Lexar but I got another brand and went with the Sandisk...MAJOR difference...for the same size file I went from about 35 mins down to about 3....!!!!!!!!
2015-11-19
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-11-19 17:40
Ok..you confused me...so you're saying it's ok to lock the gimbal when you turn it on?

Hi Dennis,

It's safe to keep the gimbal locked when powering on the Osmo, the device knows its locked and it does not harm the gimbal.
Also, I am suprised you find it faster to stranssfer direct from the camera rather than using an USB micro SD card reader on a computer, from testing ( and same with the Phantom 3 ), I find the opposite is true.... maybe what you are attaching the card to is not working properly.. Either way, atleast you have a method thats reasonably quick
2015-11-19
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-11-19 23:05
Hi Dennis,

It's safe to keep the gimbal locked when powering on the Osmo, the device knows its loc ...

Yea...I don't know what was up with my card reader in the desk top...I had a conversation with Dell and they said it wasn't the reader but the speed of the card....? So when I got the external card reader it solved the problem...Grrrr..also when I ran the usb cable directly from the camera it was hard to get in the connector on the camera...maybe need a 90 degree connector...kind of a weird place to put it you know? Anyway, all is well now..thanks you guys
2015-11-20
Use props
DatHirschi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24583 ft
Germany

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-19 05:35

How does that work with Windows 10? It does not recognize the Osmo and I have no Cardreader!
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

DatHirschi Posted at 2015-12-21 23:25
How does that work with Windows 10? It does not recognize the Osmo and I have no Cardreader!

You can connect the Osmo and your computer using the USB cable.
2015-12-21
Use props
jasonchapman1
New
Flight distance : 27608 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-19 11:35

I have an issue with a cable I have. When connecting to my MBP I don't see the Phantom 3 Pro.
2016-2-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jasonchapman1 Posted at 2016-2-7 07:36
I have an issue with a cable I have. When connecting to my MBP I don't see the Phantom 3 Pro.

Sorry for the late reply since I just returned from the Chinese lunar year.  Do you mean that you can't enter the camera view? Please check the USB cable connection, try to use different USB cable and connect  it again, turn on the aircraft, RC and the DJI GO app and check if you can enter the camera view.
2016-2-14
Use props
pstamper
lvl.1

United States

I connected my OSMO to my computer via the micro usb port and nothing happens - I connect my Phantoms all the time and it sees the device etc. etc. but with my OSMO, nothing. Do I have a bad port on my OSMO?
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

pstamper@nomaco Posted at 2016-5-5 01:16
I connected my OSMO to my computer via the micro usb port and nothing happens - I connect my Phantom ...

Hi,
The problem might be out of a bad port or a broken cable so that your Osmo can't be recognized by your PC. It might also be because of the USB driver for the Osmo is not installed correctly in your PC.
I encountered the similar issue myself with the Osmo. However, after upgrading the firmware again, the problem got fixed. It may work for you, you can have a try.
Any further feedback would be appreciated!
2016-5-4
Use props
skylet688
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-28
Use props
Knuk
New

United States

When I lock my gimbal up, as you know, it complains (beeping) and makes me worry that I'm doing some damage.  I'm all up to date on firmware on my Osmo+ but with the USB cable, it still doesn't register on my laptop.  Where can I find the USB driver for the OSMO you mentioned earlier?  I just got the OSMO+ this last week and I'm having issues, to say the least.  I pulled out the card and put it in the adapter.  I tried moving the files to my laptop.  It  kind of worked.  Then, when I got it the files moved, I don't know what to use to edit the video (All I want to do is combine the individual clips into one file and then either burn a DVD or upload to Youtube.  I tried using the Gopro app and it tells me my heard drive doen't have enough room on it.  How can that be - It's got at least 50 GB free!  I tried moving the files to my desktop iMac and got the same space error message.  That seems crazy!    What do you suggest for an easy (free?) program to edit my video?
2017-3-3
Use props
JPGLS
lvl.1
France

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-4 20:31
Hi,
The problem might be out of a bad port or a broken cable so that your Osmo can't be recognized by your PC. It might also be because of the USB driver for the Osmo is not installed correctly in your PC.
I encountered the similar issue myself with the Osmo. However, after upgrading the firmware again, the problem got fixed. It may work for you, you can have a try.

Hello,
With a Phantom 3 and Windows 7 you have to turn on the aircraft first and to plug in the USB cable to the PC after.  That way the mother board will mount the USB port and you will see the related directory in the Windows Explorer.
Hope it will help you.
BR.
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules