Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No camera feed on DJI Go app from OSMO
290404 290404 2015-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Archieb.lim
lvl.1

Philippines

I use Nexus 6p and iPad Air 2, neither of them are working. But I can configure the settings and move the camera, everything is fine except the camera feed.
http://imgur.com/daHEBTt
2015-11-19
Use props
jd4714
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28533 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem with my iphone 6+, strange that it worked fine for the first 5 minutes.  All boxed up ready to return...
2015-11-19
Use props
robind_r
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jd4714 Posted at 2015-11-20 02:35
I'm having the same problem with my iphone 6+, strange that it worked fine for the first 5 minutes.  ...

I had exactly the same problem . Unit has been returned for either service or replacement.
Only one week old as well!!!
2015-11-20
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

What SD card did you use? Try to take out the SD card see if the video feed recovered? If it's recovered, then it's the problem of SD card, and please try to format the SD card on the app.
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jd4714 Posted at 2015-11-20 10:35
I'm having the same problem with my iphone 6+, strange that it worked fine for the first 5 minutes.  ...

Can you provide a screen shot of the APP when there is no video feeding? Have you activated the OSMO?
Was the gimbal controllable by the app and joystick?
2015-11-22
Use props
jd4714
lvl.1
United States

I returned my Osmo so I can't provide a screenshot. I did activate her and the gimbal was controllable by the joystick, just no picture on my phone. I'm going to give it one more shot as I chose to get a replacement instead of a credit. Will let you know if I have better luck with the next one.
2015-11-30
Use props
jd4714
lvl.1
United States

I returned my Osmo so I can't provide a screenshot. I did activate her and the gimbal was controllable by the joystick, just no picture on my phone. I'm going to give it one more shot as I chose to get a replacement instead of a credit. Will let you know if I have better luck with the next one
2015-11-30
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

I have the exact same problem with my Nexus 6P too! It works on my iPhone 6 and my ZTE Nubia Z7 mini thou.

I got a iPad Air 2 at home too. Let me try it later when I get home.
2015-12-2
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

I managed to resolve the blank screen issue on the Nexus 6P. Apparently all I had to do was to go into the settings and clear the video cache. After which the live view started working.
2015-12-2
Use props
andyc1836
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55489 ft
United Kingdom

sdchew Posted at 2015-12-2 14:27
I managed to resolve the blank screen issue on the Nexus 6P. Apparently all I had to do was to go in ...

I have the same problem too, everything appears to work except live feed?........ camera works, video works, gimble responds but cant see the feed!........ It has worked for maybe a hour!......
2015-12-5
Use props
andyc1836
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55489 ft
United Kingdom

If anyone is watching this thread I'd appreciate any and all ideas for a fix, I think I've tried all options regarding lack of video feed, I did have a good WIFI connection, I do see all camera information and I have full control of the camera from the app, just can't see what the camera is seeing!......  I've updated firmware and app I've changed cards, formatted cards, changed the wifi frequency and re-booted several times without sucsess!.......
2015-12-5
Use props
phillipbeebe
lvl.1

United States

andyc1836 Posted at 2015-12-5 11:47
If anyone is watching this thread I'd appreciate any and all ideas for a fix, I think I've tried all ...

Same issue as well.. i reset the camera under camera settings and that fixed the issue
2015-12-5
Use props
navinbl
lvl.1

India

Same problem here. The camera feed is showing a blank grey screen. It happened all of a sudden while I was recording and it has not recovered since.  These are the options I've already tried - have updated the Osmo to the latest firmware, updated the DJI Go App as well, have checked the formatting of the memory card, reformatted, used a new memory card, reset all settings, reinstalled the app, tried with a different phone.... None of these has helped. I tried this with both an iPhone 6 and Samsung Note 2. Please suggest what else I could do. Complaints about stabilisation are important to be addressed but this particular issue is fundamental to the usage of Osmo as a basic camera! (The App does say that the camera is connected, but there is no feed.... If I press the shutter/record button, the photos do get clicked and the videos do get recorded on the memory card. But what's the point if I don't know what I'm shooting?!)
2015-12-6
Use props
alvaro.enriquez
New

Mexico

navinbl@gmail.c Posted at 2015-12-6 05:56
Same problem here. The camera feed is showing a blank grey screen. It happened all of a sudden while ...

any solution yet? I have the same problem here
2015-12-6
Use props
Designscapetx
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-22 22:22
Can you provide a screen shot of the APP when there is no video feeding? Have you activated the OS ...

I have glitching and movement problems with my OSMO   i have the latest Firmware update OSMO_FW_V01.00.01.19
I have the Latest DJI go APP Version 2.4.2 loaded to my phone an I phone 6   i have the latest iphone 6 operating version of IOS 9.1

this is a terrible problem of glitching and camera drift that makes my video unusable>>

please help or i am going to have to return this camera for a refund and get a dslr and add a gimbal for my commercial use

Sunset rghR WOULD HAVE BEEN BEAUTIFUL  

CLOUD MOVEMENT FULL OF GLITCHES AND MOVEMENT
2015-12-7
Use props
Designscapetx
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-22 22:20
What SD card did you use? Try to take out the SD card see if the video feed recovered? If it's recov ...

i am having a lot of problems with my Osmo     lots of glitches and shifting
I have glitching and movement problems with my OSMO   i have the latest Firmware update OSMO_FW_V01.00.01.19
I have the Latest DJI go APP Version 2.4.2 loaded to my phone an I phone 6   i have the latest iphone 6 operating version of IOS 9.1

this is a terrible problem of glitching and camera drift that makes my video unusable>>

please help or i am going to have to return this camera for a refund and get a dslr and add a gimbal for my commercial use
look at all the glitches in the link    this is unacceptable
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Designscapetx@y Posted at 2015-12-7 22:05
i am having a lot of problems with my Osmo     lots of glitches and shifting
I have glitching and  ...

Hi,
1) About the youtube link you provided, was it from library or original files in SD card? If it's from the library, the glitch might caused by the transmission problem such as interference or unstable WIFI signal. Would you please upload the original files in SD card to dropbox or MEGA? We will help you analyze it.
2) About the drift of timelapse, it is actually a firmware problem, we will fix it the the next firmware which will come very soon.  
3) About the firmware, the latest one should be displayed on the app as 1.0.1.19+ instead of 1.0.1.19. Please update to the latest firmware 60 version, thanks.
2015-12-7
Use props
navinbl
lvl.1

India

alvaro.enriquez Posted at 2015-12-7 10:06

Nope. Getting a bit frustrated now.
Seems like the DJI guys haven't heard us.
Any suggestions on how to make more noise about this?
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

andyc1836 Posted at 2015-12-6 00:47
If anyone is watching this thread I'd appreciate any and all ideas for a fix, I think I've tried all ...

Hi, sorry for the late reply, since I can't have reminder if you don't reply me directly, for your case, please try the following methods:
1) Update the firmware to the latest version and check the upgrade txt file in the SD card to make sure the upgrade is successful. Success or abort means the upgrade is success. If the upgrade is failed, please send the hidden log file here.
2)  Clear video cache on the DJI GO APP. DJI_GO -> ME-> Settings -> Clear video cache.
3) Reinstall the app and make sure you're using the supported mobile device, try to change different mobile phones.
4) Try to take out the SD card and reinsert it or change another SD card
5) Turn on the Osmo, find the WIFI and connect it , try to restart the APP , restart the Osmo see if the video feed recovered.
If you've rule out all the solutions here and still have the same problem, it must be a hardware malfunction, please contact our technical support for repair. Thanks.
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

alvaro.enriquez Posted at 2015-12-7 12:36

Hi, sorry for the late reply, since I can't have reminder if you don't reply me directly, for your case, please try the following methods:
1) Update the firmware to the latest version and check the upgrade txt file in the SD card to make sure the upgrade is successful. Success or abort means the upgrade is success. If the upgrade is failed, please send the hidden log file here.
2)  Clear video cache on the DJI GO APP. DJI_GO -> ME-> Settings -> Clear video cache.
3) Reinstall the app and make sure you're using the supported mobile device, try to change different mobile phones.
5) Turn on the Osmo, find the WIFI and connect it , try to restart the APP , restart the Osmo see if the video feed recovered.
If you've rule out all the solutions here and still have the same problem, it must be a hardware malfunction, please contact our technical support for repair. Thanks.
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

navinbl@gmail.c Posted at 2015-12-9 11:23
Nope. Getting a bit frustrated now.
Seems like the DJI guys haven't heard us.
Any suggestions on ...

5) Turn on the Osmo, find the WIFI and connect it , try to restart the APP , restart the Osmo see if the video feed recovered.6) Try to use different WIFI bands and reset the wifi setting, camera setting.6) Try to use different WIFI bands and reset the wifi setting, camera setting.

2015-12-8
Use props
Designscapetx
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-7 22:03
Hi,
1) About the youtube link you provided, was it from library or original files in SD card? If i ...

Can you provide a screen shot of the APP when there is no video feeding? Have you activated the OS ...

I have glitching and movement problems with my OSMO   i have the latest Firmware update OSMO_FW_V01.00.01.19+

The video I uploaded was directly from the card and the glitchiing happened even when viewing back in my app.   I am going to have to RETUrn Item.  You all said that a firmware update will fix this.   Very soon.    When is Very soon.  I've been waiting two weeks.   This is not good for a commercial photographer
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Designscapetx@y Posted at 2015-12-10 07:33
Can you provide a screen shot of the APP when there is no vide ...

1) If the glitch only happens in your APP , it might caused by the transmission problem such as interference, unstable WIFI signal and the decoding ability of your APP. Please try to change your test environment and do more demo tests.  And try to clear video cache in the app . DJI GO-ME-Settings-clear video cache or try to reinstall.  
2) Sorry for the drift problem , as I mentioned in the previous reply, we do have a fix about the timelapse drift and when I said 'very soon', I'm serious. Keep an eye on the DJI website and DJI GO APP about the update. It won't be too late to return if you still have the same problem after the new firmware update.
2015-12-9
Use props
trembley_chris.
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue. I updated my inspire firmware to the newest build and after the upgrade I have a grey screen on the inspire as well  osmo in the dji go app.
txt file states that everything was successful.
I believe that the problem lies within the camera.
Ive tried the 3rd party autopilot app and I get no video feed either.
tried clearing video cache as well as the other steps listed on this thread with no luck.

I'm getting all the info about the camera on screen iso,f, EV, etc, just no actual live feed.

another thing that has just started to happen, when I power up the inspire I get about 10 quick beeps out of the camera and then a continuous buzzing.
2015-12-24
Use props
Just bought my Osmo today, worked for about 15 or 20 minutes. Went to turn it on and now just a gray screen. This histogram works and reflects brightness, etc. Everything else seems to work. I formatted the card that came with the camera. I deleted and re-installed the DJI Go app on my phone, I've done most of the instructions on this thread.

So did I get a lemon I need to exchange?

Is this product not quite ready for prime time and maybe a little too buggy to have been released?

Juding from this string, this is a problem people are having which, to this point, there's no fix for?

I will try again a few times over the weekend to see if there's some way to get the feed working to the screen again. If anyone has anymore info, or if everyone on this string ended up exchanging or just returning their Osmo, would appreciate knowing.

Thanks.
2016-4-29
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

jnelson@mostlym Posted at 2016-4-30 10:33
Just bought my Osmo today, worked for about 15 or 20 minutes. Went to turn it on and now just a gray ...

Have you got the latest FW on the osmo (OSMO Firmware v1.6.2.10)? what device are you using?, load the app onto another device if you have one and test again
2016-4-29
Use props
clintbyrne
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok, I am having this trouble.

I bought 2 OSMO x5's today.

It has been a bit of a headache!!

Anyways I had it for a minute not work on my first one then I restarted and bam it worked, anyways now the second one i booted it up installed the firmware (that is a real hassle btw it really doesn't like to install) but I still get gray screen, I can take a picture and it will work but video doesn't.

What can I do?

I need this for tomorrow.

I have 2 RONIN's and multiple other DJI gear, I think you guys are great but please contact me asap with a workaround.

Thanks.
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

clintbyrne Posted at 2016-6-2 08:16
Ok, I am having this trouble.

I bought 2 OSMO x5's today.

Hello.
What's your mobile device? Is the DJI GO App the latest version?
After connecting to the Osmo WiFi successfully, if you can't get the live feed in the DJI GO App, you can try to switch the WiFi signal to 5.8GHz (but please make sure your mobile device support 5.8GHz).

Thanks.
2016-6-1
Use props
clintbyrne
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-2 03:14
Hello.
What's your mobile device? Is the DJI GO App the latest version?
After connecting to the O ...

im using a ipod touch brand new

i have the latest app.

also my other one works on 2ghz.
2016-6-2
Use props
clintbyrne
lvl.1

United Kingdom

clintbyrne Posted at 2016-6-2 09:21
im using a ipod touch brand new

i have the latest app.

ok, I did that and it still didn't work.
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

clintbyrne Posted at 2016-6-2 16:35
ok, I did that and it still didn't work.

We would not recommend using a iPod touch to run DJI GO App. Is it possible for you to use a recommended mobile device? (Please refer to our recommendations in the official website: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads)
If you've upgraded the Osmo Pro firmware successfully in your rig, it should work correctly with a recommended mobile device.

If there's any update, please let me know.
Thanks.
2016-6-2
Use props
clintbyrne
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-2 10:33
We would not recommend using a iPod touch to run DJI GO App. Is it possible for you to use a recomm ...

i also used a samsung galaxy note and it had the same trouble and an iphone 6
2016-6-2
Use props
ksmsg00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3517 ft
Saudi Arabia

I'm having the same problem with my iphone 6s
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

clintbyrne Posted at 2016-6-3 06:58
i also used a samsung galaxy note and it had the same trouble and an iphone 6

Thanks for your reply.
Now since it seems that the problem is not out of the mobile device, it may be the issue of the Osmo itself. Could you please send me the  “OSMO_FC550_FW_LOG_AB.txt” in the SD card? After the firmware  upgrade, it will be created in the SD card automatically, it's a hidden file, you need to enable the potion of "display hidden folders" in your PC.
Please try to re-upgrade the firmware, you can refer to the upgrade guideline at https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Guide_en_160421.pdf

In addition, please check the connetion of your camera, the adaptor and the handle, make sure they fit well to each other.
Another attempt you can try is to re-plug in the SD card.

Wait for your further update.

2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ksmsg00@hotmail Posted at 2016-6-3 09:06
I'm having the same problem with my iphone 6s

Hello,
Could you please also follow my suggestions above (34#)?

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-6-2
Use props
ksmsg00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3517 ft
Saudi Arabia

My problem was that the lock button was open as in the picture
When it was closed became video it shows on my iPhone

dji.jpg
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ksmsg00@hotmail Posted at 2016-6-3 17:22
My problem was that the lock button was open as in the picture
When it was closed became video it sh ...

Thanks for your information.
If tightening the lock can help to fix the problem, then the problem should be out of the bad connection between the handle and the gimbal.
If there's something wrong with the hardware, please contact your dealer for repair.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-6-3
Use props
maurosm
New

Portugal

Hello. I've the same problem as all and already reset the camera, reinstall the app, unlock and lock again the osmo, format the SD card ... i don't know what to do more. I need this working tomorow.
2016-7-25
Use props
nitrosonidoilum
New

Bolivia

yo no había aire acondicionad, problema de la app, del telefono, osmo
Screenshot_2016-07-24-23-45-01.png
Screenshot_2016-07-24-23-50-09.png
Screenshot_2016-07-25-01-12-19.png
2016-7-25
Use props
danielpirvine
lvl.2
Australia

Hi all just got me the OSMO pro after months of hype and had nothing but problems

The latest is it worked for a day then I changed lenses and left led kept flashing changed back to zoom lens and go app says connected but just black screen with N/a I can rotate the gimbal both on Handel and on my phone but no picture and still looks like it's trying to up date . I have done all the steps 3 times over held down trigger rec and on button
All firmware is fine , tried different SD cards

I finally humbled my self to call the shop after hours of reading and it seams I'm not the only guy with this issue in Sydney

I can't use my camera!! Haven't shoot with it once!

I need it to work asap please update the firmware
Or even put up an older firmware in the mean time so I cane use my $4000 camera
2016-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules