No camera feed on DJI Go app from OSMO
38662 50 2015-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dapeter
New

United States

You are telling me I can't use a Note 2 with the Osmo even tho the firmware is 4.4. on my note 2. This is higher as your recommended version... I got the note two specifically for the osmo because you didnt built the device holder big enought to hold the note 4 with cover. I am not taking the cover off every time I want to use the osmo.

Also the microSD card is kinda sticky. When you push it in, it comes only out a little bit but not far enough to grab it. I have to get tweezers to pull it out. Seriously?
2016-8-6
Use props
fansc6b2cae6
New

Portugal

andyc1836 Posted at 2015-12-5 16:47
If anyone is watching this thread I'd appreciate any and all ideas for a fix, I think I've tried all options regarding lack of video feed, I did have a good WIFI connection, I do see all camera information and I have full control of the camera from the app, just can't see what the camera is seeing!......  I've updated firmware and app I've changed cards, formatted cards, changed the wifi frequency and re-booted several times without sucsess!.......

Tenho o mesmo problema...
ruilouraco@gmail.com
2016-12-23
Use props
negrito
New
Flight distance : 267454 ft
United States

I sympathize with you all. I have the same problem. When I purchased the osmo, everything worked perfect with my Note 3. After a couple updates, problems started. I read all the postings done all that was suggested, but the image comes up for about 10 secs and it keep going back to gray screen, back to the image, back to gray... so I never have a stable image on the screen. I have tried on my note 3 , note 7 (it was worse, but i had to return the phone) and now with the 7 edge but the same problem occurs. It is amazing how the dji drones (i have two) can keep the image stable for miles away and this camera that is next to the phone can not keep the image stable. Very irritating that makes this camera unusable. Lilke most people said, the gimble works, the movements work , just the annoyance of not being able to see what you are recording. Btw, the builtin mic also sucks, it sounds like there is a pillow in front of the mic and you can barely hear it and when the external mic is plugged, the audio/video are completely out of sync.
2016-12-27
Use props
La Xunga
lvl.1

Brazil

I bought Osmo +, but I have no feedback from the application.
I use the Motorola X (2nd generation), with android 6.0. I was able to get the video feedback 2 times after much insisting, but it just worked these two times.

I have already updated the firmware.
I already cleared the cache.
I've reinstalled the Dji Go app.
But I still have no video feedback on my cell phone.

In other tests performed on iPhone handsets, the osmo + functioned perfectly.

I believe that this mobile device I use is not on the list of recommended ones.
But as it worked before, I think this is another problem.

Any help or suggestions?
2017-1-22
Use props
gangalous
New
Flight distance : 73073707 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately dji and many of their products, includeing the osmo are poorly designed, poorly tested products.  DJI has a reputation of just rushing to market new faulty products without fixing issues with prior products.  I've had the blank screen no video signal with the osmo with both the x3 and the x5 cameras on them as well as getting a new osmo that has the same issue (btw after much forum searching I have yet for them to have a solution to this problem other than send it in.  Sorry thats not a good solution, how about you have a product that works.  How many new osmo's do I need to buy before I get a working one?).  Do yourself a favor and go with a different company for your tech needs.
2017-3-24
Use props
man7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20354 ft
Malaysia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-8 22:56
Hi, sorry for the late reply, since I can't have reminder if you don't reply me directly, for your case, please try the following methods:
1) Update the firmware to the latest version and check the upgrade txt file in the SD card to make sure the upgrade is successful. Success or abort means the upgrade is success. If the upgrade is failed, please send the hidden log file here.
2)  Clear video cache on the DJI GO APP. DJI_GO -> ME-> Settings -> Clear video cache.

i do all what u suggested but still the screen blank i give my snap shot of the screen, i using latest firmware, lates app with iphone 6, and may iknow how to contact technical support, i am in malaysia
2018-2-21
Use props
JAMIE.ALLEN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 840390 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So, still no definitive answer on this problem, even though it's been on the forum since 2015? Cheers DJI.
Mine has just stopped working. Been fine for ages, changed a battery today and it's kapput. Changed/formatted SD cards, latest firmware, new phone, reinstalled app, turned it off and loads of times, front lock is fine, no interference, good WiFi, no gamma rays or aliens getting in the way, nothing. Trying to calibrate the lens on the X5 as it's lost it's focus, which caused a huge issue on a documentary shoot, now the Osmo is shagged. Zero info from the greedy beggars who make the kit, are they waiting for someone to provide a free solution from crowd sourcing like everything else?
Give us a clue.
2018-4-6
Use props
HarryThorn
lvl.1

United States

It is an easy fix. If there is no video, camera status is yellow, and no wifi connection and unable to update the firmware, do this:  1-The lens flex cable connection is loose. Disassemble the camera and re -connect the micro connector. 2-Handle wifi module flex cable is torn due to poor installation at the factory. Either change the module with new flex cable or use soldering station and magnifier to re solder the copper lines. Mine had 3 broken lines that I was able to reconnect them. Now, I have video and successfully updated the firmware.
2019-3-13
Use props
Tomazi
lvl.1

Serbia

Hello, i'm confused here and i need help.
I have regular OSMO with Zenmuse X3.When i attach Zenmuse X3 WHITE it also works fine,but, when i attach Zenmuse X3 ZOOM it doesn't work.
I can only move camera around with button and the DJI Go app receognize it as DJI OSMO not OSMO plus.Does Zenmuse X3 zoom uses another type of OSMO handle?

Thanks in advance
2019-3-28
Use props
vodkanetmsn.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 364856 ft
Canada

HarryThorn Posted at 2019-3-13 19:39
It is an easy fix. If there is no video, camera status is yellow, and no wifi connection and unable to update the firmware, do this:  1-The lens flex cable connection is loose. Disassemble the camera and re -connect the micro connector. 2-Handle wifi module flex cable is torn due to poor installation at the factory. Either change the module with new flex cable or use soldering station and magnifier to re solder the copper lines. Mine had 3 broken lines that I was able to reconnect them. Now, I have video and successfully updated the firmware.

Was this 3 lines on the robbon that you fixed in order to get the video?
2020-1-25
Use props
J1ECNQXyvxBU
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Has anyone ever been able to fix this issue????

I have an Osmo+ that hasn't been used for a few months. Last time it was used it worked OK with an iPhone 6. It almost worked with an Android phone but with very choppy video.

I've come to use it again and no video with either the iphone OR Android. So now it is completely useless. I fear it is just fit for landfill. I can't even get it to do a firmware update by SD card. The darn thing powers up but simply ignores the .bin file.

The only difference from when it last worked is that the iPhone has had about 15 billion updates (far worse than Windows 10 for constant updates LOL).
Tried removing and re-installing DJI Go.

It looks as though it works in that the app can 'kind-of' see the Osmo...

Should I just bin the pile of junk or can someone suggest a magic fix?

Sick of DJI's products that simply don't quite work properly. My P3Pro only just works on IOS, although I bet it will be junk by now....

If DJI were UK based they would have been put out of business a long time ago for their shockingly poor product support and misleading advertising of products that may or may not work, and when they do they are unreliable at very best.
2020-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules