Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LOSS OF GPS SIGNAL
3128 8 2014-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leoleo418
lvl.1
Italy

When the dji inspire loose GPS Signal the home funtion is still available? Can the Inspire memorize the home position when it loose gps signal?

2014-12-24
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Pretty sure that like all DJI products the I1's loss of GPS will result in it not knowing where Home Point is.

Even if Home Point is recorded properly and "memorized", without the locational reference that a GPS signal provides, the craft has no way to relate to its present location w.r.t. the recorded Home Point...
2014-12-24
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

From my experience with my Phanton 2 Vision the home position is memorized from the point where you first throttle up. The Inspire is supposed to be much more sophisticated in that when a loss of signal occurs it will head home. I understand also that home is where the transmitter is located. In other words if you have moved from the point that you took off from the Inspire is going to seek the transmitter and land at that position.
I have lost the signal on my Phantom and it heads for home. What I have done is once I have it in sight I switch to manual mode and land the quad manually.
2014-12-24
Use props
DrawFire
New

United States

Loss of GPS will not allow the aircraft to return to home typically.  If the aircraft loses GPS it does not know where it is. Even if it has the home coordinates it still does not know where it is. The only way it can fly back is by dead reckoning.   This involves you knowing the distance and reciprocal heading and fly it back manually. When you have a Loss of Link and still have GPS that is when the aircraft does its magic and flys back to the home waypoint. If you have a LOL and lose GPS you are usually SOL.  That usually involves a search for your aircraft.   This is the interweb so I'm sure if am wrong somebody can provide a more correct answer.
2014-12-24
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

rodger Posted at 2014-12-25 03:54
From my experience with my Phanton 2 Vision the home position is memorized from the point where you  ...

Home point is where the Tx is located if you have Dynamic Home Point activated.
Otherwise, Home Point is where the craft launched (provided there was a reliable GPS signal and the Home Point was properly recorded).
2014-12-25
Use props
julio.dagostini
New

Brazil

Hello, I'm from Brazil and I have a P2 vision +, I've installed the aluminum foil and I put the GPS wire inside the protector, like the video instructions, but my GPS reception continues bad, variating 4-5 sats. I tried many times, with clear sky. Can you help me?
2014-12-28
Use props
craigarthurson
lvl.1

Nigeria

There a lots of threads and you tube info on changing you ceramic GPS antena to a better Atena I have done it and workd great picked up a couple of extra satellite by doing it a simple fix cost between 7 to 12 USD FOR THE 4mm antena replacing the 2mm one fitted.
This is the antena I replace the old one with GP.1575.25.4.A.02 works great
Link to where I purchase frome
http://www.digikey.com.au/produc ... s=GP.1575.25.4.A.02
2015-1-4
Use props
eogondim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3269551 ft
Brazil

My inspire this not holding GPS signal , which can be happening ?
2015-10-19
Use props
eogondim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3269551 ft
Brazil

please help
2015-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules