Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What can't you zoom in?
1827 9 2015-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sir Shepherd
Second Officer

United States

Why is it that with the inspire 1 that you can't zoom in on objects when flying? After all it is a camera and all cameras do this?
2015-11-21
Use props
Koavog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1359800 ft
United States

Here's a zoom solution...

http://dronexpert.nl/product/son ... -100-and-inspire-1/
2015-11-21
Use props
Koavog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1359800 ft
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-11-22 02:56
Nice one. I'd completely forgotten about that unit.

It does surprisingly well at full zoom but, c ...

I agree Paul, It's not a unit for cinematography, but it may be useful for industrial inspections. Safely Inspecting cell towers, telephone poles, high tension lines, etc., is nearly impossible with a wide angle lens. I would imagine though, that a slight zoom, 35mm or so wouldn't cause such terrible ill-effects - Maybe, with an improved gimbal it can compensate for dramatic zoom shot.
2015-11-21
Use props
Sir Shepherd
Second Officer

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-11-21 11:32
A zoom lens would be a lot heavier for a start. It would also be not quite so easy to balance on the ...

What?? lol not enough sleep and typing fast Paul. ;)
2015-11-22
Use props
w1der
Second Officer

Sweden

I don´t really get why one would need a "zoom" as the camera is mounted on a flying tripod ... just fly closer or further away if you need to "zoom".

If this is about a fixed "magnification" lens for inspections, or similar missions, I totally can understand the need ... but still no need to be able to "zoom" other than using the flying tripod ...
2015-11-22
Use props
Midi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Here a question: In which movie was the Vertigo effect first used prominently?
2015-11-22
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

w1der Posted at 2015-11-22 18:41
I don´t really get why one would need a "zoom" as the camera is mounted on a flying tripod ... just ...

Objects are closer than they appear. Between that and the slight video delay makes it more dangerous to get close, especially if flying fpv.  Would be nice to be able to zoom a little at least, a simple digital zoom would work great for this purpose and add no weight.  Obviously quality degrades with zoom but let's face it, this camera isn't that great anyway so who cares.   Don't like the quality of the zoom then don't use it, everyone's happy.
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Koavog Posted at 2015-11-22 02:22
Here's a zoom solution...

http://dronexpert.nl/product/sony-rx100-gimbal-for-matrice-100-and-inspir ...

hah, this zoom solution is pretty cool
2015-11-22
Use props
w1der
Second Officer

Sweden

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-23 02:41
Objects are closer than they appear. Between that and the slight video delay makes it more dangero ...

A fixed lens X2 or X4 probably wouldn´t be that hard to produce ... fixed lenses are usually not very expensive (doesn´t have to be and still get you great image quality).
If you need a variable zoom it´s a bit more tricky ... they are bigger and the cheap ones usually gives you crappy image quality.

You can always crop the image - that would give you the same result as a digital "zoom". Offering this in the software would be rather easy so I don´t see why not.
2015-11-23
Use props
w1der
Second Officer

Sweden

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-23 02:41
Objects are closer than they appear. Between that and the slight video delay makes it more dangero ...

A fixed lens X2 or X4 probably wouldn´t be that hard to produce ... fixed lenses are usually not very expensive (doesn´t have to be and still get you great image quality).
If you need a variable zoom it´s a bit more tricky ... they are bigger and the cheap ones usually gives you crappy image quality.

You can always crop the image - that would give you the same result as a digital "zoom". Offering this in the software would be rather easy so I don´t see why not.
2015-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules